Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Holiday Season"--stress!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Christmas isn't stressful for me. I don't expect much, I don't give much. My family is nominally Christian and my friends are not looking to impress or be impressed with gifts. Awesome.

What about y'all? Do you think Christians in general are able to enjoy the Holidays w/o as much stress about prep work and socializing and family and gifts and...?

I'm finding this particular Christmas season a little more stressful than normal, mostly because I stepped *WAAAAAAAAAAAAY* outside of my comfort zone and somehow volunteered for the Christmas choir.

Other than that though I usually go for the quality over quantity in the gifts department and I actually get and/or make the gifts long before this "christmas shopping season".

I'm finding this particular Christmas season a little more stressful than normal, mostly because I stepped *WAAAAAAAAAAAAY* outside of my comfort zone and somehow volunteered for the Christmas choir.

A chirstmas choir concert and the practice sessions for it are a good way to feel "christmassy" long before christmas. So you will probably love it.
And what could possibly go wrong?

I was volunteered for the christmas concert of the church choir, too. *Sigh* I was part of that choir since its formation, but this year I finally quit because the musical quality is low and the amount of interpersonal drama is high. I can't believe they got me to return, simply by flattering my vanity. So I guess I deserve my fate. :lol

Other than that christmas is a stressfull time. Wish we could skip it.
Maybe the world will end 12/21, that would be the best solution for everything.

I like getting Christmas gifts for friends and family, but I do have a hard time figuring out what to get them. Last year for the most part I ended up drawing nice pictures and giving those as presents--both because I couldn't think of anything else, and because I didn't have all that much money to spend. Also because some of my friends are online friends and that's really the only way I can give them a present.

As a kid I was never really asked to help with the prep work other than the stuff which would be considered fun, like putting up the tree. So I have a lazy streak, but I find that I feel bad about myself if I don't help. Plus helping out has turned out to be it's own reward.

This year I decided to take part in a Secret Santa like thing. I keep feeling afraid that I'll mess it up somehow. Hehe. But that's normal for me, no matter what I do.

Christmas isn't stressful for me. I don't expect much, I don't give much. My family is nominally Christian and my friends are not looking to impress or be impressed with gifts. Awesome.

What about y'all? Do you think Christians in general are able to enjoy the Holidays w/o as much stress about prep work and socializing and family and gifts and...?
I stopped buying Christmas presents long ago. All my family is out of town, which means having to mail them all, and I didn't want to do that, plus I am not made of money. I do get into writing Christmas cards, though, and I hand-write all that I sent out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back