Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hope for America: New Contract with America

Do you agree with the eight points of the New Contract with America?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't seem to recall Milk-Drops being offended: but Quantrill seems to be offended by it, so to whom were you apologizing?
Actually, I didn’t realize he is not a Christian anymore.

Sorry, my mistake for calling him a brother in Christ. I still love him and respect his right to his belief.

My only point was to show him love and kindness, even though we had been at odds with each other in our discussion.

Here is my post above addressed to Quantrill.

If Quantrill is offended by me apologizing to him, for me calling Milk Drops a brother then why doesn’t Quantrill say something to me, or pm me.

Looks to me like you are wanting to stir up strife.

JLB

Looks to me like you are wanting to stir up strife.

No need to PM you. You are the moderator here and we can do this publicly.

I voted no on the poll. Who votes what isn't made public, yet you in a previous post tagged me as one who voted no on the poll. What was your intent in doing that? Was that an abuse of your moderating privileges? When I didn't respond to that post, you made another attempt for me to engage. Why? Why is my response so important to you. Your strife is with Quantrill.

As to your question, do I agree with any of the 8 points you list in the OP? I already answered it. No.

What was your intent in doing that?

To hear from those who may have better ideas than the points that were made; to hear from a different perspective.

So far you have not shared any positive comments, about things that could help this nation take steps toward undoing ungodly laws and policies that affect the people and children of this nation.

You seem to wanting to find fault with me, rather than engaging in the discussion topic of the OP.

Please stay on topic.

JLB

When I didn't respond to that post, you made another attempt for me to engage. Why?

Because you mentioned some person named Howard Zinin, but never really shared anything about his book…

What do you mean by teaching "real" American history?

Does the People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn count?

Who is Howard Zinn, and what does he teach about American History?

JLB

Yes, I am 'a' person. Singular. Thus when you address 'a' person as a pronoun you use the correct word. They is plural. He is singular.

Your use of words in the post we are considering doesn't say what you are wanting it to say.

Not confused at all. Trying to correct what you said. If it doesn't matter to you, then forget it.

Quantrill
"They" has been used as a singular and plural pronoun for like 500+ years. :tongue

It's the polite way of addressing someone when you are not sure of the gender.

You don't. But it is happening. For example, people are getting other people fired from their jobs because they are offended by their views.
Oh, that's just the internet being its toxic self. I find most people who are terminally online to be problematic. I don't support that kind of mob mentality.

I don't know. I don't have any stats. I just know it's becoming a problem. It reminds me how the men of Sodom and Gomorrah treated Lot.
I think that's more of a media spin. "Canceling" as I have seen and experienced is just a varient of scape goating. Community x doesn't like community y and public perception ebs and flows.

I mean, some Christian Church communities "cancel" people in small towns for ages. It's relative to social spaces. The internet is wild.

Seriously?
Yes, when I see Cardi B I see a manufactured image made from a record company to get media attention. When I think Black culture I think of music movements as a whole, food, religion, history, etc. I just see Cardi B as Marketing and Manufactured Outrage. She has the same energy as hair metal bands from the 80s with just the gender swapped.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back