Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Houston, We Have a Problem.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok, to get straight to the point. A few months ago I met this person and they seemed so right for me, right time, right place, right religion, EVERYTHING! So this person and I started to talk casually just over the phone and our conversations were phenomenal! We had set-up a date to meet each other, but we both became extremely busy and lost touch although we still communicate from time to time.

Here is the dilemma: I asked God :pray about two months ago to show me in a vision, dream or whatever to show me the person that I was going to marry. So I was sleeping one night and boom :o , here goes this amazing dream with the person that we discussed above. I was still unsure so I asked God again, please reveal the person to me that I am supposed to marry. Again, another dream with this same person :confused .

:chin Here is the confusing part: I trusted that God would never steer me wrong and accepted the fact that he had given me the vision of this person. However, I understand that everything has a due season and it is simply not the right time, right now for us to hook up and start dating as devout Christians. I believe that God placed this person in my life briefly to show me, because I had asked a year or so earlier for the same vision. Again, I understand that we are not ready to be together just yet due to both our current circumstances. What I am confused about is, recently (past month or so) I haven't asked God to show me the person I am supposed to marry,because I trust his authority. Yet, for the past 4 nights I have been having dreams about this person and we were even in CHURCH together :amen .

I know that God has a plan for me and that his plan will reveal itself in time, however what is your opinion on the visions that I have been having, do you think that God is earnestly trying to convince me or do you think that it is my own imagination getting the best of me? Keep in mind we are both devout Christians and we hit it off like fireworks, but we both have other purposes to fulfill before we can be in a truly committed Godly relationship.

Advice Please, Thanks In Advance! :clap

CP

I guess I am not sure what the problem is. :confused

But....... you asked for advice.......

Either: 1) God is telling you that this is the time to start dating. You said that you both have other purposes to fulfill first, but maybe one or both of you really doesn't. Maybe one or both of you are either meant to fulfill them together or you are wrong about these other purposes. Sometimes we think something is God's will, simply because it is our will, so we want it to be his will. I would pray strongly about what is will is for you and for her. And talk to her about all of this. Ask her to pray and ask God what his will is for her and also for you + her. See if she also believes God is telling the two of you that you are meant to be together.

Or: 2) You dreamed about her, simply because she is on your mind a lot and you were thinking of her. It is common for people to dream about things such as problems in their life, worries, people they think of often, etc. I say this a lot, but sometimes a dream is just a dream.

I wish you all the best! I would seriously talk to her about it all.

May I suggest something I have done?

We will naturally include people we like and fancy in our dreams. This person may only be in your dreams because she is on your mind, as Rain said.

The key is to ask a question to God with a resulting answer that is something you cannot control.

For me, and I have a situation very close to your own, instead of asking God to show me who I would marry, I asked God to take away all my feelings for this girl if she was not the meant for me and placed there by God. I have prayed this nearly every night. Still have very strong feelings for her, so I am going to assume that she is the one.

I've done this before and a week later I had no care for the girl, actually it worked so well that I have yet to talk to her again, and we had classes together this year.

@Pouring Rain and @Pard - That is really insightful and great perspectives on both of your behalves. I can't remove this feeling that I have about this person in my stomach though. It's not butterflies, It's not lust, It's not a crush, there is something about this person, something really special and in my heart of hearts I know this.

@Pard - It is funny how us Christians think alike! I already did exactly what you told me to do about a month ago. I asked God :pray to remove all feelings that I have towards this person if it is simply not meant to be and help me focus my attention on other more important things. Yet a month or two later, I still have these feelings about this person.

Something interesting is going on here and I know that God has a plan and in time his plan will be revealed. I have to remain patient and follow the course he has set out for me.

Maybe I am being hard-headed, because I never thought that I would find that "perfect person for me."

ChristianPioneer said:
@Pard - It is funny how us Christians think alike! I already did exactly what you told me to do about a month ago. I asked God :pray to remove all feelings that I have towards this person if it is simply not meant to be and help me focus my attention on other more important things. Yet a month or two later, I still have these feelings about this person.

What is it they say about great minds, again?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back