Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth How are we saved daily?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wow this is a good thread. I hadn't realized that before, that salvation means protected or rescued (daily). It is so easy to misunderstand scripture at times when we take words to mean something that we thought we (obviously) knew. I did do a quick word study on it and I am in agreement with BrotherMike on this. Awesome! This changes perspective ever so slightly and builds me up. Thanks brothrs and sisters. :)

As a small aside...what makes you think that, that prayers are only symbolic of incense rising to heaven rthom7? I can easily see the analogy, but have suspected before that it may be a reality of the spiritual realm that we just don't realize.

Ah, blessing Brother Edward.

We had no Greek Words to convey the meaning of born again and eternal life. The Holy Spirit used the Words He had. Jesus said he came to give us life, and give that life abundantly. All the promises then are in Jesus, we being the seed of Abraham with great promise. So........... Salvation and Saved do not mean eternal life....... (Sort of) It's the whole package for here on earth and life to come. When we die (Physical body gives up) we still are saved from death. (Sozo- rescued) for it is written, "Death, where is your sting?"

Peter answering the Sanhedrin about what authority He used to make a crippled man whole said.

And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?
(Act 4:7)

By what power, and what name, have you made this crippled man whole................

Peter said............

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
(Act 4:10)
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(Act 4:12)

There is no other name, but the name of Jesus by which we can be healed and made whole. Peter gave the name, and by what authority, that caused that crippled man to walk again.

Salvation:
sōtēria
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

Saved: Sozo
to save, that is, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively): - heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

Satan has no ability to heal, and there is no other name in Heaven that carries the authority to heal a human body.

And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
(Act 3:16)

Faith in the name of Jesus, has never passed away, and produces the same results today as it did for Peter.

Blessings.

No Greek word for it? Ohhh, so it's transliterated. And most Christians just assume that eternal life, born again, and saved all mean the same thing. And why not? It sounds good, fits, in a way and sounds good. Learn something new everyday brother! Now knowing this, the scripture reads just a wee bit different in places.
Every little bit helps :)

Piece by piece. :amen:cross

See? He died on the cross for way more than is commonly assumed. We probably still don't know the half of it, lol. When we fell, we fell hard...and far.

Blessings be upon you and your household brother!

watchman nee shows in his scriptural studies several things that people who are saved are saved from. it's not just interesting, but life-giving, life-refreshing, revelation of scripture by grace through faith in Yeshua.

Wow this is a good thread. I hadn't realized that before, that salvation means protected or rescued (daily). It is so easy to misunderstand scripture at times when we take words to mean something that we thought we (obviously) knew. I did do a quick word study on it and I am in agreement with BrotherMike on this. Awesome! This changes perspective ever so slightly and builds me up. Thanks brothrs and sisters. :)

As a small aside...what makes you think that, that prayers are only symbolic of incense rising to heaven rthom7? I can easily see the analogy, but have suspected before that it may be a reality of the spiritual realm that we just don't realize.

Greetings Edward

Ps 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Incense is a symbol of prayer....

Jesus the high priest takes our prayers into the sanctuary of heaven and brings them to the Father, as a sweet smelling savour... morning and evening

Hope this verse helps
SHalom

No Greek word for it? Ohhh, so it's transliterated. And most Christians just assume that eternal life, born again, and saved all mean the same thing. And why not? It sounds good, fits, in a way and sounds good. Learn something new everyday brother! Now knowing this, the scripture reads just a wee bit different in places.
Every little bit helps :)

Piece by piece. :amen:cross

See? He died on the cross for way more than is commonly assumed. We probably still don't know the half of it, lol. When we fell, we fell hard...and far.

Blessings be upon you and your household brother!

If we examine why Jesus came, then we get a whole lot better picture. It puts both words Saved and Salvation into a more clear context of the wide range of things those two words included.

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
(Gen 3:14-15)

Adam gave allegiance to Satan who was cursed by God in the Garden.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
(Rom 5:12)

This caused death to enter into the WORLD. This was not just some spiritual death, but it was physical death also, starting with Adam.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
(Rom 5:14)

This death disconnected man from the blessing of God. The focus was not just the sin, but to restore back to man the power and blessings of the Lord.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
(Rom 5:17)

Jesus restored that grace and power to reign in this life, and eternal life to come.

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Rom 5:21)

But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
(Mar 10:30)

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
(Act 26:18)

The whole deal was to get man out of the darkness and out of the destructive power of Satan so that man can be blessed here and now, and have eternal life to come.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(1Jn 3:8)

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
(Heb 2:14-15)

The whole reason Jesus came was because of the devil. Believers need to understand why Jesus had to come, and what Jesus actually did through his death.

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
(Col 1:13-14)

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
(Rev 1:18)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(Joh 10:10)

The thief came to kill, steal and destroy things in our life. Jesus came to give us an abundant life. The Church focuses so much on sin, and not enough on what Jesus actually has done for us already.

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(2Pe 1:3)

These things just don't happen automatically. All deliverance, healing, prosperity are there, being the seed of Abraham through Jesus, but it's only what we have knowledge about. The devil does his best to get folks to just focus on being forgiven of their sins and wait around to die and get to heaven. He can gain areas of control in that believers life and make them miserable and kill them off early if he can.

Those that know what Jesus had done and what belongs to them don't tolerate it. Just a small cold and that believer will say, "no you don't devil, I won't accept even a cold, I have been delivered from anything that came to steal in my life, in the name of Jesus."

Salvation and Saved carry far greater meaning, not only in this life, but in the one to come.

Blessings.

did adam , according to scripture, give allegiance to satan, or authority (i.e. like legal authority over all that Yhvh had given adam authority over). it may be pertinent today, if their are 'believers' who without knowing it have allowed satan to have authority in their lives, but they don't 'think-ing' in any way want to give satan any allegiance of their heart(s).

like a small cold you used as an example. what if they fight a cold, claiming victory over it, but then if they get diagnosed with vitamin a deficiency they cave in(give in willingly) to do what the medical system says to do INSTEAD of fighting it - they fight a cold but accept much worse if it happens, like they can handle the small battles but trust or turn over the (SEEMINGLY) big fights/wars to someone else?

did adam , according to scripture, give allegiance to satan, or authority (i.e. like legal authority over all that Yhvh had given adam authority over). it may be pertinent today, if their are 'believers' who without knowing it have allowed satan to have authority in their lives, but they don't 'think-ing' in any way want to give satan any allegiance of their heart(s).

like a small cold you used as an example. what if they fight a cold, claiming victory over it, but then if they get diagnosed with vitamin a deficiency they cave in(give in willingly) to do what the medical system says to do INSTEAD of fighting it - they fight a cold but accept much worse if it happens, like they can handle the small battles but trust or turn over the (SEEMINGLY) big fights/wars to someone else?

We don't want to save the small shack while the whole city burns to the ground.

What good is fighting a cold, when your drunk all the time?

My point was we should not allow things in that are not God. Even having coffee with a co-worker could months latter turn into a horrible mess as the enemy is sneaky that way. My point was that every thing in our life should line up with the Word and we should view all things, even the small and great in view of the scriptures. Point I was trying to make anyway.

Blessings.

.... hmmm ..... 'correct', if you mean it. that means that the things that are not of Yhvh, that are not true, should not be allowed (as you said). that means, simply, that the great and difficult lies of profit mongers ought not to be allowed , as well as the small little 'white lies' someone might tell on purpose or even inadvertantly.

as it stands written "My people perish for lack of knowledge" (experiential knowledge/wisdom/truth in all things)

yet whole continents, it seems, willingly swallow the camel while choking on the gnat !

the simple God-given helps/preventions/strengths for a persons spirit, soul and body are all accosted, attacked, opposed and denied by the world and even worse by the worldly church(es). speaking up about the truth brings attacks and persecution from governmental and religious authorities and worldly schools of every sphere.

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
(Col 1:13-14)

...even the forgiveness of sins... That carries huge implications right there. I do believe you're right brother. But this begs the question, if we're not even to accept a cold, then why do things like that, and other things manifest in our life. And for instance...the thorn in Pauls side... Why wouldn't it go away?

I got some of this from Brother Keith's healing series, and you have graciously refreshed my memory, but I still have no answer for these thorns. I have a thorn in my side too. I have some pretty serious back pain that I would dearly love to let go of. The Lord did heal my dislocated hip one night, but didn't heal my back. Why do some things persist?

...even the forgiveness of sins... That carries huge implications right there. I do believe you're right brother. But this begs the question, if we're not even to accept a cold, then why do things like that, and other things manifest in our life. And for instance...the thorn in Pauls side... Why wouldn't it go away?

I got some of this from Brother Keith's healing series, and you have graciously refreshed my memory, but I still have no answer for these thorns. I have a thorn in my side too. I have some pretty serious back pain that I would dearly love to let go of. The Lord did heal my dislocated hip one night, but didn't heal my back. Why do some things persist?

Edward I have heard some amazing testimonies from you. I am sure you have seen others who have amazing victories. You can't say god has ever not come through for you.

Paul's thorn was the people stirred up against him by the messenger of Satan. Paul had enough sense to know the devil was behind it. Paul made the mistake of taking all his wonderfull knowledge and tried to impress everyone without factoring in the grace and anointing of the lord.

Satan knocked the slats out from him.

Despite Jesus saying I give you power over the enemy, Paul still asked Jesus to do something about the devil.

What did the lord say to him? My grace is sufficient.

Grace is the power to accomplish what we can't do ourselves. Paul already felt he had all this divine revelation and was puffed up with his wonderful knowledge.

Paul said I would rather be weak and have the power of Christ come on me than to think I know it all and can do it my self. Later Paul said I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.

The lord healed one but not the other. I can promise you Edward that the lord already said I will perfect those things that concern you and by my stripes you are already healed.

When we start to trust God and understand faith. It is ready to think we have more faith than we do. What happens next is we make some confessions and then wonder why it did not work out. We even get this notion that it can't be us but the lord must have some reason for not helping.

It is time to go back, humble ourselves and tell the lord that we know he wants us healed andask for help with our unbelief.

That means thanking the lord for being held despite the pain and train the time to meditate on those healing scriptures.

(p.s. i just clicked on something, and your post showed up filling the screen- i didn't read before and after yet).

the answer is so very simple, and given quite well in the book of Hebrews. the men and women of faith accepted not only colds, and amputations(of the head/beheading), and imprisonments, and beatings, and waiting without receiving what they were waiting for (the Promise),
oh, .... they all accepted the scourgings and loss of freedom and loss of life and PAIN.....
... by FAITH they all ACCEPTED all those things and more.....
and
Yhvh says why in the book of Hebrews.

Edward I have heard some amazing testimonies from you. I am sure you have seen others who have amazing victories. You can't say god has ever not come through for you.

Paul's thorn was the people stirred up against him by the messenger of Satan. Paul had enough sense to know the devil was behind it. Paul made the mistake of taking all his wonderfull knowledge and tried to impress everyone without factoring in the grace and anointing of the lord.

Satan knocked the slats out from him.

Despite Jesus saying I give you power over the enemy, Paul still asked Jesus to do something about the devil.

What did the lord say to him? My grace is sufficient.

Grace is the power to accomplish what we can't do ourselves. Paul already felt he had all this divine revelation and was puffed up with his wonderful knowledge.

Paul said I would rather be weak and have the power of Christ come on me than to think I know it all and can do it my self. Later Paul said I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.

The lord healed one but not the other. I can promise you Edward that the lord already said I will perfect those things that concern you and by my stripes you are already healed.

When we start to trust God and understand faith. It is ready to think we have more faith than we do. What happens next is we make some confessions and then wonder why it did not work out. We even get this notion that it can't be us but the lord must have some reason for not helping.

It is time to go back, humble ourselves and tell the lord that we know he wants us healed andask for help with our unbelief.

That means thanking the lord for being held despite the pain and train the time to meditate on those healing scriptures.

true that. He has done very much for me. I do not think that God is holding back on me or chastising me by not healing me...it has to be me somehow. I don't think it is my lack of faith, for if it was then I wouldn't have been healed in other ways by Him.

This is something else I think. I am not walking the walk to the same extent that I think or say that I am to Him, or something like that. Maybe I am hiding something within my heart that I am not letting go of or dealing with or something like that. In the OT, it was always...if you will do this, then I will do that for you, and so forth like that. So I think it may be along those lines.

I have thanked Him and praised Him for receiving the healing that I have not received yet like you say. I...don't *think* that is is unbelief or lack of faith. Nevertheless, the heart is deceitfully wicked and the carnal mind is enmity against God, so, I can't honestly say that it is not. I really don't know.

I need to humble myself and step up to the plate...and pray and walk, and find what I am missing and deal with it. Pray for me about this brother, please? For the Lord to reveal to me the hidden things within me to come to light so that I can deal with it and get past it and receive the healing that I need. Thank you brother.

(p.s. i just clicked on something, and your post showed up filling the screen- i didn't read before and after yet).

the answer is so very simple, and given quite well in the book of Hebrews. the men and women of faith accepted not only colds, and amputations(of the head/beheading), and imprisonments, and beatings, and waiting without receiving what they were waiting for (the Promise),
oh, .... they all accepted the scourgings and loss of freedom and loss of life and PAIN.....
... by FAITH they all ACCEPTED all those things and more.....
and
Yhvh says why in the book of Hebrews.

Interesting. I need to delve into the book of Hebrews deeply then. I'll do this. Thanks brother. (Oh, you please pray for me too, ok?)

Blessings to you

true that. He has done very much for me. I do not think that God is holding back on me or chastising me by not healing me...it has to be me somehow. I don't think it is my lack of faith, for if it was then I wouldn't have been healed in other ways by Him.

This is something else I think. I am not walking the walk to the same extent that I think or say that I am to Him, or something like that. Maybe I am hiding something within my heart that I am not letting go of or dealing with or something like that. In the OT, it was always...if you will do this, then I will do that for you, and so forth like that. So I think it may be along those lines.

I have thanked Him and praised Him for receiving the healing that I have not received yet like you say. I...don't *think* that is is unbelief or lack of faith. Nevertheless, the heart is deceitfully wicked and the carnal mind is enmity against God, so, I can't honestly say that it is not. I really don't know.

I need to humble myself and step up to the plate...and pray and walk, and find what I am missing and deal with it. Pray for me about this brother, please? For the Lord to reveal to me the hidden things within me to come to light so that I can deal with it and get past it and receive the healing that I need. Thank you brother.

Ya, actually take the time and tell the Lord you want to know where your missing it at. It can't be a bad heart, you have an advocate with the Father and all the folks Jesus healed were not even saved.

I heard Brother Dave at Faith life one time say............"When you have finally squashed all the reasons God might not heal you, then you will be healed."

It might even be something simple you have to hear, like go see that doctor, or stop eating that and eat this.

A big issue we have in the faith arena is just throwing out confessions and a couple scriptures instead of going after the answer. Where am I missing it Lord, I am down with this pain, and You will see me here every night on my knee's praying in tongues or just giving you glory in English, but you said if I seek, I will find, and you never break your word.

I found that things in life we want most, we go after. We save our money, we skip a meal, whatever it takes.
Things we will tolerate and just allow, tend to stay a long time.

I agree that you seeking God will just bring a revelation, or something to you so strong that it will fix this pain issue.

Blessings.

Ya, actually take the time and tell the Lord you want to know where your missing it at. It can't be a bad heart, you have an advocate with the Father and all the folks Jesus healed were not even saved.

I heard Brother Dave at Faith life one time say............"When you have finally squashed all the reasons God might not heal you, then you will be healed."

It might even be something simple you have to hear, like go see that doctor, or stop eating that and eat this.

A big issue we have in the faith arena is just throwing out confessions and a couple scriptures instead of going after the answer. Where am I missing it Lord, I am down with this pain, and You will see me here every night on my knee's praying in tongues or just giving you glory in English, but you said if I seek, I will find, and you never break your word.

I found that things in life we want most, we go after. We save our money, we skip a meal, whatever it takes.
Things we will tolerate and just allow, tend to stay a long time.

I agree that you seeking God will just bring a revelation, or something to you so strong that it will fix this pain issue.

Blessings.

Aha. I like your perspective brother and i will follow your advice. :)

That's good stuff there. Blessings upon you and your household. :cross

Aha. I like your perspective brother and i will follow your advice. :)

That's good stuff there. Blessings upon you and your household. :cross

Thank you my Brother. Remember you have my number, feel free to call anytime.

Just keep in mind your the seed of Abraham, that God said I will bless your seed seed Abraham, FOREVER.

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
(Gen 17:7-8)

Despite our shortcomings, we are the seed of Abraham, and the promise was to Abraham through Jesus for if you be Christ's, then ye are Abraham seed. Healing can't be earned, as there is no price that can be paid to being in pain constantly, but through that promise that did not even evolve us, but Abraham and Jesus who was faithful, it's ours.

Sort of think about that snotty rich kid who has everything, but deserves nothing. There was a everlasting covenant God made that is ours, and we don't factor in HIm keeping it or not. We just take our stand and don't let the devil talk us into walking away from it, settling for less.

Victory is yours.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back