Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How are you preparing for Christmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Cook a birthday cake and have all sing, "happy birthday" to Jesus.

This is actually more "spiritual" and "seasonal" and "worshipful", then giving gifts that everyone pretends to like and then will take to the store 2 days later and get their cash.
Hi Kidron
I agree.
I would post a cake, but, New tablet, have to figure it out. Lol

My gift to you all is my presence on this forum :hysterical
Happy Birthday Yahshua!

I would not like living in Jerusalem.

Ive lived there for years.....its great.
Jerusalem in the summertime, when the temp reads 90*F +, feels like 82* because the humidity is so low.
Also, if you did move to Israel you would discover a welcoming peoples who love Americans.
After the initial slight culture shock evaporates into the clearest bluest-purple skies you will ever see, you will begin to want to tour all over the Holy Land.
There is so much to see, and the feeling you get when you realize that you are possibly walking where Jesus walked.....is amazing.
And because the State of Israel is really quite small, you can visit so many places of biblical interest in a very short amount of time.

I really do want to go there someday.

The sooner the better., and def try to go there in the Spring..

You'll want to visit the Sea of Galilee, and here is how you get there.:)
-

Sea%20of%20Galilee%20Forum_zpszz2awyur.jpg

Jerusalem in the summertime, when the temp reads 90*F +, feels like 82* because the humidity is so low.
Also, if you did move to Israel you would discover a welcoming peoples who love Americans.
After the initial slight culture shock evaporates into the clearest bluest-purple skies you will ever see, you will begin to want to tour all over the Holy Land.
There is so much to see, and the feeling you get when you realize that you are possibly walking where Jesus walked.....is amazing.
And because the State of Israel is really quite small, you can visit so many places of biblical interest in a very short amount of time.
Well, it was the humidity that I was concerned with. But you've sold it with all the other pluses.

Last edited:
Well, it was the humidity that I was concerned with. But you've sold with all the other pluses.

:thumbsup

If you like Fish and Chicken and Veggies and Bread and incredible desserts then you'll enjoy the food.
They have in all "city centers", incredible open markets and the fruit and veggies are so fresh....its amazing......and the prices are excellent.
And of course there are Malls and Movie Theaters and Lots of supermarkets, and so many restaurants, and music stores and actual CD shops, and of course IKEA and a HUGE and beautiful Airport (Ben Huron), and if you like live music, there are so many incredible artists there.
If you've never been to an authentic Russian or French supermarket, then you will be amazed when you do, as they are all over Israel.
RUSSIAN ICE CREAM..........you have to have this......!!
Need a brand new Volkswagon or Jag or Ford?...... they'll make you a deal.
Lot of streets artists playing violin or guitar or jazz Sax.
You can just go crazy there buying souvenirs.
I personally like the blown glass figures and the carved wood items and the handmade jewelry.

Last edited:
I LOVE giving gifts. I'm so good at i am referred to as the family "Christmas Elf".
I love it also, when funds are available, lol, never use credit cards.
When my kids were young, I loved to watch them open their gifts, and see the joy and excitement on their faces.
Now they are grown, not quite the same.
It is true that it is better to give than receive, it is a wonderful feeling.

My wife and I have visited Israel several times. We will both be retired in a few years, and we plan on living for at least six months in Jerusalem. Then we have others parts of the world where we hope to live for a few months at a time. Including Oaxaca, one of my favorite places to visit.

I LOVE giving gifts. I'm so good at i am referred to as the family "Christmas Elf".

The thing that most people dont know about Jerusalem..

You've all seen the Jews- Christians, at the Wailing wall.
But you are seldom shown the other parts, the outlying parts of the old city, and that would be these incredibly long halls that have on ither side, hundreds and hundreds of stores....These small stores that are packed full of the everything you could want to buy.
Souvenirs, clothes, shoes, jewelry, wood carvings, electronics, musical instruments, restaurants, ATM machines, Banks, ......................>...
Arabs and Jews all standing at the entrance of their shops, all working together, all friendly, like one big family.
You can go to Jerusalem and shop for 10 hrs and not even see 30% of it all.

Sumptuous feast is on its way. Husbands, be kind to your wives; children, do more chores, letting your initiatives work - otherwise the kitchen lords would lock up their kitchen on Christmas :chin:biggrin2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back