Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:5

I thought you agreed that the Lord God who is coming with the saints, is the Son?

What changed?

JLB

Yes. The Son is going to return. But the Son is not alone. The Father indwells the Son and the Son indwells the Father. So they are One.

So Zechariah says, "on that day the LORD will be one and his name one." Zech. 14:9

But that doesn't change the fact that the Father is the only true God.

Yes. The Son is going to return. But the Son is not alone. The Father indwells the Son and the Son indwells the Father. So they are One.

So Zechariah says, "on that day the LORD will be one and his name one." Zech. 14:9

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

This scripture plainly says the Lord God will come with the saints.

This, as you have said, refers to the Son, not the Father.

As Jude confirms -

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

JLB

This scripture plainly says the Lord God will come with the saints.

This, as you have said, refers to the Son, not the Father.

As Jude confirms -

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

JLB

They are One JLB. The Son doesn't return on his own. And the Scriptures are not simple.

They are One JLB. The Son doesn't return on his own. And the Scriptures are not simple.

The Son is the Lord God who is coming with the saints.

You have already agreed that this is the Son.

Is it the will of the Father? Yes.

But it’s the Son, Jesus Christ, who is plainly coming with the saints.

Its plainly the Son, Jesus Christ, who is God our Savior.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

It’s plainly the Son who created the heavens and the earth.

• You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

8 But to the Son He says:“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And:“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-10

And on and on and on.

Jesus Christ is the Lord God.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12-13

• I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

JLB

The Son is the Lord God who is coming with the saints.

You have already agreed that this is the Son.

Is it the will of the Father? Yes.

But it’s the Son, Jesus Christ, who is plainly coming with the saints.

Its plainly the Son, Jesus Christ, who is God our Savior.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

It’s plainly the Son who created the heavens and the earth.

• You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

8 But to the Son He says:“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And:“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-10

And on and on and on.

Jesus Christ is the Lord God.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12-13

• I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

JLB

I said they are One.

Who is the living God? Who is the Son of the living God? Who said, "This is my Son"? Who is Jesus referring to when he says your God and my God? John 20:17
Jesus said to her, “Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Mark 12:30
and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’

Who is our God according to Jesus? Why does Jesus say his glory is nothing?
John 8:54
Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say that he is your God.

Who is our God?

I said they are One.

Yes, and we agree on this.

Please know that my motive is for us to discuss what the scriptures say, and for us to be in unity about such a crucial doctrine as this.

I don't want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable, when discussing scripture, but as a gentle reminder of what we have discussed and agreed to already, so we can make progress in coming to the unity of the faith.

What I was referring to was the question I asked, from post 261, about this scripture in Zechariah, if the Lord God who is coming with the saints is a reference to the Father or the Son.

Here's my question from post # 261

Could you answer this question, so I know where you stand?

Based on the following scripture, do you believe the Lord God who will come with the saints is God the Father or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Here is your answer from post 268 -

The Lord Jesus Christ.

If we are discussing the precepts of a doctrine, then we can hope to achieve a common understanding of agreement, which will lead us to unity, in our common faith.

We may not agree on everything about this doctrine, but hopefully we can agree on some of the major points.

Here is the context for us to examine, so we can discuss exactly Who it is that is coming, on the Day of the Lord, with the saints.

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:1-5

• Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst.
  • And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east.
  • Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.

So based on our previous discussion, I believe we agree, these scriptures are referring to the Lord Jesus Christ.

JLB

The Alpha and Omega, beginning and end, first and last precludes Jesus the Son from being a created Being, apart from God.

Even though Jesus the man had a finite beginning, being born of a Virgin.

This is definitely a mystery!

Reactions: JLB
The Alpha and Omega, beginning and end, first and last precludes Jesus the Son from being a created Being, apart from God.

Even though Jesus the man had a finite beginning, being born of a Virgin.

This is definitely a mystery!

22 Therefore, because the king’s command was urgent, and the furnace exceedingly hot, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste andspoke, saying to his [d]counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”

They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”

25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:22-25

I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”

He appeared in the fire with the three Hebrew children.

He spoke to Moses from the burning bush.

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”And he said, “Here I am.”5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-6

• the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.
  • when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush
  • Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

He appeared to Abraham, and made covenant with him.

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. 2 And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
Genesis 17:1-2

• I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

JLB

Unfortunately, the OP member has not returned to read these new posts. Mores the pity that this topic cannot actually be discussed. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down by now.

Unfortunately, the OP member has not returned to read these new posts. Mores the pity that this topic cannot actually be discussed. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down by now.
It was shut down, and it is now open for civil discussion on what the Trinity is.
I posted earlier that debates will not be tolerated. I also stated that this discussion isnt about disproving the Trinity, rather it seeks to answer the question in the OP while extending into various understandings of what the Trinity is.

For those that do not believe in the Trinity, it is asked that you refrain from further discussion if your intent is to disprove the Trinity.

Yes, and we agree on this.

Please know that my motive is for us to discuss what the scriptures say, and for us to be in unity about such a crucial doctrine as this.

I don't want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable, when discussing scripture, but as a gentle reminder of what we have discussed and agreed to already, so we can make progress in coming to the unity of the faith.

What I was referring to was the question I asked, from post 261, about this scripture in Zechariah, if the Lord God who is coming with the saints is a reference to the Father or the Son.

Here's my question from post # 261

Here is your answer from post 268 -

If we are discussing the precepts of a doctrine, then we can hope to achieve a common understanding of agreement, which will lead us to unity, in our common faith.

We may not agree on everything about this doctrine, but hopefully we can agree on some of the major points.

Here is the context for us to examine, so we can discuss exactly Who it is that is coming, on the Day of the Lord, with the saints.

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:1-5

• Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst.
  • And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east.
  • Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.

So based on our previous discussion, I believe we agree, these scriptures are referring to the Lord Jesus Christ.

JLB

I agree. It's referring to our Lord Jesus Christ.

But the RSV says, "Then the LORD your God will come" I take it the LORD your God refers to both the Father and the Son. They are One. vs. 19 says, on that day, the LORD will be one and his name one. Zech. 14:9

I agree. It's referring to our Lord Jesus Christ.

But the RSV says, "Then the LORD your God will come" I take it the LORD your God refers to both the Father and the Son. They are One. vs. 19 says, on that day, the LORD will be one and his name one. Zech. 14:9

Is Jesus seated at the right hand of God the Father, or is it just Him by Himself on the Throne?

32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
Acts 2:32-33

• God the Father is on the throne.
  • Jesus Christ the Son of God is seated at His right hand
  • The Holy Spirit is poured out onto the earth.

Jesus Christ will leave the Throne in Heaven, and return with the saints to earth, and take His throne in Jerusalem.
His feet will stand on the mount of olives.

• God the Father will remain seated upon His throne, as that is one of His titles: He who sat upon the Throne

Read the description of Him who sits upon the throne in revelation 4 -

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy,holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”
Revelation 4:2-8

Jesus will return and sit as King over the whole earth.

Zechariah 14:1,4,5,16-17

• Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. vs 1
  • And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, vs 4
  • Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. vs 5

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain.

JLB

Good for you ! Speak the truth of God's word. Regardless of the threat to not do so!

I think the time frame for truth is always important when discussing Soteriology.
When did Jesus walk the earth and teach the truth as God with us?
When is it documented the teaching of the trinity was introduced to the faithful?

And why does God and teaching as Immanuel in the New Testament, refute the trinity in his own words?

1 Corinthians 12:13
- For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

Mark 12:29 - And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Mark 12:32 - And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Colossians 1:19 - For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

1 John 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That there are foundation topics related to the faith of the Christian and the teachings of Jesus Christ forbidden to be discussed at this site is a travesty that does not go unnoticed by those who visit here and report to Christian communities on-line.
That Tri-Theism, the pagan teaching that there are three separate persons abiding in Heaven is the foundation of this place and that false teaching is never supported by God himself, but in fact as we can read refuted by God, does not go unnoticed either.

One God is forbidden to be discussed.
And as I learned at a different site, OSAS, which is an acronym for Eternal Salvation and eternally sealed by God's Holy Spirit, and any reference to that , is also forbidden to be discussed. Due to the chaos one member generated, along with his cohorts. That would be JLB, Jim Parker, and Bassman. One and the same? Likely.

If you the owner of this place wonder why your site is slow going and has few posts or new member joining, it is because Christians do not join Non-Christian sites.
Ban the non-Christians that are JLB, JIM PARKER, and the instigator that posts to keep the antigospel progenators going, that of JLB, an atheist, and JIM PARKER, so they respond with their anti-eternal salvation, anti-one God teaching, and let that news get around and you may get your site running costs back.

But when you harbor Devils, you get what you deserve.
God is NOT mocked!
And his Truth does not fade away because Satan's cur, JLB and JIM PARKER, And BASSMAN, work to make that happen.
With of course conspirators that are the owner who bans the topic that unholy trinity targets knowing their efforts will cause those topics to be forbidden for discussion. And the Moderators. Who likely ARE those cur by other name.

I happened on your Papa Zoom who you think worthy of posting Daily Bible Verses to inspire people here at ReviewStream.com .

If a member talked to people here like PZ talks to people there he'd likely be banned. No one who reads him at Review Stream would ever once think he's a Christian. And he is certainly not qualified by his evil example there to inspire anyone with the pasting of a scripture that clearly by his example at RS does not reach or mean anything to him.

Your site is a shame to the name of Christ. And word of that fact is spreading.

Please ban me. I would be ashamed to have even my screen name associated with what resides here.

God forewarn any of his daughters and sons if they think to look into this URL having sought a Christian forum for community in Christ on any search engine.

Stay away! God's people are not active here.
And turns out, we learn through networking that the Reba Administrator that resigned here is the "Becky" Administrator at Christforums.org. And the Devils mentioned above migrated there too.

But we know that. Praise God for whomever it is that networked that fact and evidence abroad and to Christians on many sites across the Web.

Good for you ! Speak the truth of God's word. Regardless of the threat to not do so!

I think the time frame for truth is always important when discussing Soteriology.
When did Jesus walk the earth and teach the truth as God with us?
When is it documented the teaching of the trinity was introduced to the faithful?

And why does God and teaching as Immanuel in the New Testament, refute the trinity in his own words?
1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

Mark 12:29 - And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Mark 12:32 - And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Colossians 1:19 - For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

1 John 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That there are foundation topics related to the faith of the Christian and the teachings of Jesus Christ forbidden to be discussed at this site is a travesty that does not go unnoticed by those who visit here and report to Christian communities on-line.
That Tri-Theism, the pagan teaching that there are three separate persons abiding in Heaven is the foundation of this place and that false teaching is never supported by God himself, but in fact as we can read refuted by God, does not go unnoticed either.

One God is forbidden to be discussed.
And as I learned at a different site, OSAS, which is an acronym for Eternal Salvation and eternally sealed by God's Holy Spirit, and any reference to that , is also forbidden to be discussed. Due to the chaos one member generated, along with his cohorts. That would be JLB, Jim Parker, and Bassman. One and the same? Likely.

If you the owner of this place wonder why your site is slow going and has few posts or new member joining, it is because Christians do not join Non-Christian sites.
Ban the non-Christians that are JLB, JIM PARKER, and the instigator that posts to keep the antigospel progenators going, that of JLB, an atheist, and JIM PARKER, so they respond with their anti-eternal salvation, anti-one God teaching, and let that news get around and you may get your site running costs back.

But when you harbor Devils, you get what you deserve.
God is NOT mocked!
And his Truth does not fade away because Satan's cur, JLB and JIM PARKER, And BASSMAN, work to make that happen.
With of course conspirators that are the owner who bans the topic that unholy trinity targets knowing their efforts will cause those topics to be forbidden for discussion. And the Moderators. Who likely ARE those cur by other name.

I happened on your Papa Zoom who you think worthy of posting Daily Bible Verses to inspire people here at ReviewStream.com .

If a member talked to people here like PZ talks to people there he'd likely be banned. No one who reads him at Review Stream would ever once think he's a Christian. And he is certainly not qualified by his evil example there to inspire anyone with the pasting of a scripture that clearly by his example at RS does not reach or mean anything to him.

Your site is a shame to the name of Christ. And word of that fact is spreading.

Please ban me. I would be ashamed to have even my screen name associated with what resides here.

God forewarn any of his daughters and sons if they think to look into this URL having sought a Christian forum for community in Christ on any search engine.

Stay away! God's people are not active here.
And turns out, we learn through networking that the Reba Administrator that resigned here is the "Becky" Administrator at Christforums.org. And the Devils mentioned above migrated there too.

But we know that. Praise God for whomever it is that networked that fact and evidence abroad and to Christians on many sites across the Web.
Grace and peace brother. We need not ban you unless you lack the willpower.

That Tri-Theism, the pagan teaching that there are three separate persons abiding in Heaven is the foundation of this place and that false teaching is never supported by God himself, but in fact as we can read refuted by God, does not go unnoticed either
Am I late to the party or what? I want to understand your viewpoint. You think that Jesus is the Father? That when we see Christ in heaven.....he is going to have his pierced hands sitting ON the throne? Not sitting at the right hand of the Father?

Am I late to the party or what? I want to understand your viewpoint. You think that Jesus is the Father? That when we see Christ in heaven.....he is going to have his pierced hands sitting ON the throne? Not sitting at the right hand of the Father?
No, he denies the basic tenants of the trinity. That is, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
Because he can not argue over our differences and seek opportunity for unity, he has decided to ask us to ban his account, and calls us names.

Sad, isnt it?
We are called to unity in Christ... sometimes our faith is hard to live out.

I always try to look at where we do agree on things, cause I have agreements with everyone and disagreements with everyone.

Sidenote: you had mentioned earlier in the thread about love being expressed through the Son. That actually gave me a wonderful revelation about my own children. If it was only me, I wouldn't know the depths that my love can go. I see my children different because of your viewpoint from God's viewpoint.

Back