Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The facts is collectively more die from alcohol then guns .yet I can make bombs from alcohol easily. Molotov cocktails

What's your point then. Finish the thought to it's conclusion. That people dying by gun violence don't matter? Or that the rising insidents of mass shootings are of no concern? Your point obviously isn't about showing more concern to deaths by alcohol, as you've trivialized it once again. So finish the thought to the conclusion. Let's be done with this insulting logic and go straight to the heart of it. Gun violence doesn't matter because we as a nation won't give up our stiff drink? Would it make a difference if people do give up the drink? Get to the damn point so you can hear it our of your own mouth, and hopefully see the error in it for yourself.

What's your point then. Finish the thought to it's conclusion. That people dying by gun violence don't matter? Or that the rising insidents of mass shootings are of no concern? Your point obviously isn't about showing more concern to deaths by alcohol, as you've trivialized it once again. So finish the thought to the conclusion. Let's be done with this insulting logic and go straight to the heart of it. Gun violence doesn't matter because we as a nation won't give up our stiff drink? Would it make a difference if people do give up the drink? Get to the damn point so you can hear it our of your own mouth, and hopefully see the error in it for yourself.
Does the point that the government only wants guns,which I will post the knife stabbing mass In china as the logical conclusion of that as next means to kill.I hate beer.but banning it didn't work. Banning guns will not and didn't save lives in france.I am a soldier I got less vetting in 1991.yet in month I was firing my m16.In France it takes six months before I can own a gun and I have to justify to them the need for a gun to protect myself
Do you feel the the need to explain why you need a knife?or to train as I do in the ways to kill with ?unlike drinking the 2nd amendent right which says I have the right to own a gun.do you trust the government to protect you when cops say get a gun ,store it safely,practice shooting often.get a ccl.cops tell me that is the best defense to any active shooter.have you been trained in responding to active shootings as not a cop but what to do? I have it says take cover,it also says while you are injured the cops aren't there to render first aid until the situation is secure.you will have to excuse me that if I'm shot in the femoral artery I might not live.so yes I take my chances with a gun.

Yet we have lost 100 lives to fertilizer bombs .the Oklahoma City bombing was just that.no call for a ban or regulation on that.I have take silly surveys on does Jason feel sad today,does he want to take his life, did he spank his children, abuse his wife.on spanking simply leaving a red mark not a welt is enough for them to remove me on the training with a gun.I have bruises from grappling.red spots as well from it.I'm not for abusing kids .add did he get mad at a driver,not dI'd get out and beat the driver ,point his gun ,or pull a knife.

Does the point that the government only wants guns,which I will post the knife stabbing mass In china as the logical conclusion of that as next means to kill.I hate beer.but banning it didn't work. Banning guns will not and didn't save lives in france.I am a soldier I got less vetting in 1991.yet in month I was firing my m16.In France it takes six months before I can own a gun and I have to justify to them the need for a gun to protect myself
Do you feel the the need to explain why you need a knife?or to train as I do in the ways to kill with ?unlike drinking the 2nd amendent right which says I have the right to own a gun.do you trust the government to protect you when cops say get a gun ,store it safely,practice shooting often.get a ccl.cops tell me that is the best defense to any active shooter.have you been trained in responding to active shootings as not a cop but what to do? I have it says take cover,it also says while you are injured the cops aren't there to render first aid until the situation is secure.you will have to excuse me that if I'm shot in the femoral artery I might not live.so yes I take my chances with a gun.

Those are better points. Relevant to guns. Banning doesn't help. Arming ourselves is the best defense. Those are points that actually matter and are worth consideration. To take seriously or to rebuke with a counterpoint.

Don't go back to statically looking at gun deaths and alcohol deaths as if they are the same compairsion. It trivializes both, and is an insult to both.

Those are better points. Relevant to guns. Banning doesn't help. Arming ourselves is the best defense. Those are points that actually matter and are worth consideration. To take seriously or to rebuke with a counterpoint.

Don't go back to statically looking at gun deaths and alcohol deaths as if they are the same compairsion. It trivializes both, and is an insult to both.
The point is that the government is powerless.the anti gun guys are so worried about children and yet aren't so fast to ban alcohol. In Germany soldiers had liquor licenses which rationed the amount of beer they can consume.they worked around it. But it was and still is used by the German government.currently the cards still exist.if banning something isn't working on beer,what on earth does it make you think gun violence isNT the same.signed brother of rape victim whose rapist was an alcholic.beer and gun violence.it's a known correlation.

The point is that the government is powerless.the anti gun guys are so worried about children and yet aren't so fast to ban alcohol. In Germany soldiers had liquor licenses which rationed the amount of beer they can consume.they worked around it. But it was and still is used by the German government.currently the cards still exist.if banning something isn't working on beer,what on earth does it make you think gun violence isNT the same.signed brother of rape victim whose rapist was an alcholic.beer and gun violence.it's a known correlation.

My suggestion wasn't about banning guns, it was restricting their manufacture and sale. Did you know the US is one of the leading manufacturers of guns. In the relationship between gun violence over seas, too many weapons have been linked to being our own made weapons. On the same note of our role with guns, I've heard there's strong criminal ties with our Mexican neighbors for gun smuggling for drug and human smuggling. Our role in gun violence isn't so cut and dry lets arm ourselves. It's also lets stop arming everyone else to the teeth.

Yet we have lost 100 lives to fertilizer bombs .the Oklahoma City bombing was just that.no call for a ban or regulation on that.I have take silly surveys on does Jason feel sad today,does he want to take his life, did he spank his children, abuse his wife.on spanking simply leaving a red mark not a welt is enough for them to remove me on the training with a gun.I have bruises from grappling.red spots as well from it.I'm not for abusing kids .add did he get mad at a driver,not dI'd get out and beat the driver ,point his gun ,or pull a knife.

At least this is close enough to make simular points on violence and death. Acohol is a different issue entirely, which needs different approaches to resolve. You can say we need more guns arming our citizens as a defense to guns being used, but can't say you'll out drink a drunk to stop drunk driving, or that you'll shoot a drunk driver in self defense. So please stop trying to pull a comparison that only confuses and muddies the issues for both violence and alcoholic abuse.

My suggestion wasn't about banning guns, it was restricting their manufacture and sale. Did you know the US is one of the leading manufacturers of guns. In the relationship between gun violence over seas, too many weapons have been linked to being our own made weapons. On the same note of our role with guns, I've heard there's
Uhm that isn't true.I posted that.where did Nadal hassan get his guns? You must have a license to get the automatic guns.so you worry of a bloodbath?cops taking un registered guns which means criminals have them.yes those once peaceful gun owners might shoot first then surrender only if dead.the AK 47 used in paris was from syria.I'm soldier I don't get psych ecall for shooting a gun.maybe a questionaire.but again if I'm that much of a threat.lock me up.no you are for gun bans.asking the state for the right to own a lawful gun under the second amendment will take a ban first.a right must be taken by due process.if I own a pistol ,and I have harmed no one,I'm not a criminal.cops take home theor guns.

At least this is close enough to make simular points on violence and death. Acohol is a different issue entirely, which needs different approaches to resolve. You can say we need more guns arming our citizens as a defense to guns being used, but can't say you'll out drink a drunk to stop drunk driving, or that you'll shoot a drunk driver in self defense. So please stop trying to pull a comparison that only confuses and muddies the issues for both violence and alcoholic abuse.
Shoot a drunk? Uhm no.unless a I can eat my gun.it makes me kill which seems to be a failure on your part.I know a few drinking cops.never are they a problem .I also know a few sober folks who need to have guns removed from them hands due to inept Ness .unless a drunk is a threat to my person .I see no need to kill them.the fact is 40 percent of crimes involve alcohol.murders yet heavy regulation of the user like with europa's gun laws isn't even a thought.I posted the link.being a drunk doesn't mean you will kill.I know the difference.my wife drinks .seldom get drunk.father in law is always drinking yet I can talk world history with him while he drinks.

Shoot a drunk? Uhm no.unless a I can eat my gun.it makes me kill which seems to be a failure on your part.I know a few drinking cops.never are they a problem .I also know a few sober folks who need to have guns removed from them hands due to inept Ness .unless a drunk is a threat to my person .I see no need to kill them.the fact is 40 percent of crimes involve alcohol.murders yet heavy regulation of the user like with europa's gun laws isn't even a thought.I posted the link.being a drunk doesn't mean you will kill.I know the difference.my wife drinks .seldom get drunk.father in law is always drinking yet I can talk world history with him while he drinks.

You make a good point here, Brother. Which brings us to the crux of the issue...its not the drink, nor the presence of guns. It is what is in the heart of man.

It's been shown in the knife story that not having guns does not save lives. It's been shown that drink doesn't give murderous impulses, so wherein does the heart turn dark?....

Immorality, Brothers & Sisters. Lack of proper education.

If the schools (govt) didn't dumb down the youth... (and PROMOTE immorality!)...then all sorts of violence would decline.

Immorality breeds crises, and gives the govt more power, so the govt is all over it. There's the problem!

If we kept our guns & educated our own children (Proverbs 22:6)...the violence would go away, but what do I know? Lol...

You make a good point here, Brother. Which brings us to the crux of the issue...its not the drink, nor the presence of guns. It is what is in the heart of man.

It's been shown in the knife story that not having guns does not save lives. It's been shown that drink doesn't give murderous impulses, so wherein does the heart turn dark?....

Immorality, Brothers & Sisters. Lack of proper education.

If the schools (govt) didn't dumb down the youth... (and PROMOTE immorality!)...then all sorts of violence would decline.

Immorality breeds crises, and gives the govt more power, so the govt is all over it. There's the problem!

If we kept our guns & educated our own children (Proverbs 22:6)...the violence would go away, but what do I know? Lol...
To add to this I propose a major if not THE UNDERLYING CAUSE of the problem is the continued breakdown of our family structure. Over half of all children born in the United States today are born out of wedlock not to mention how many children are the victims of divorce, multi-parent families, and parents with drug/alcohol addictions.

In 1960 approximately 73% of children under age 18 were living with both heterosexual parents on their first marriage but in 2013 the number had dropped to only 46%. Also in 1960 about 9% of children lived in a single parent home compared to 34% in 2013. (Source: Pew Research Center)

In my opinion, children in these situations struggle with their own identities, are too often left without proper supervision, and are bounced around from one parent to the next or one place to another. The result is they feel ignored and unloved and lack personal value and self-worth. Essentially, I believe they do not value their own life and consequently they don’t value the lives of others.

The irresponsible behavior on the part of parents has spiraled this country downhill into the violent pit we have been experiencing and there doesn't seem to be much of a trend toward slowing down the pattern.

To add to this I propose a major if not THE UNDERLYING CAUSE of the problem is the continued breakdown of our family structure. Over half of all children born in the United States today are born out of wedlock not to mention how many children are the victims of divorce, multi-parent families, and parents with drug/alcohol addictions.

In 1960 approximately 73% of children under age 18 were living with both heterosexual parents on their first marriage but in 2013 the number had dropped to only 46%. Also in 1960 about 9% of children lived in a single parent home compared to 34% in 2013. (Source: Pew Research Center)

In my opinion, children in these situations struggle with their own identities, are too often left without proper supervision, and are bounced around from one parent to the next or one place to another. The result is they feel ignored and unloved and lack personal value and self-worth. Essentially, I believe they do not value their own life and consequently they don’t value the lives of others.

The irresponsible behavior on the part of parents has spiraled this country downhill into the violent pit we have been experiencing and there doesn't seem to be much of a trend toward slowing down the pattern.
It's much easier to ban guns rather then we'll promote the biblical family.

The point is that the government is powerless.the anti gun guys are so worried about children and yet aren't so fast to ban alcohol.

The same hypocrites who want to ban guns for the safety of the children are the same ones who want to abort them by the multiple millions.

Lying hypocrites.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back