Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How can they sleep at night

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lewis

Company denies drug to dying child
http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

140310153335-josh-hardy-sick-story-body.jpg

Josh Hardy is currently in critical condition.

I can't believe that nobody has anything to say about the injustice this poor little guy is getting. So I will say something' it is a bad day in the land when a big not begging for bread pharmaceutical company will not even help a dying little boy. What has come to this place' when you won't even help the dying who can't help themselves.

They can sleep at night because they don't deny themselves sleeping medication. I'll probably get into trouble for saying it but I don't care . The decision makers and lawmakers who allow them to get away with it are heartless scum who deserve a special place in hell, suffering exactly as he is suffering seven x seven.

Kenneth Moch's facebook profile picture. Smile while you can Ken.........He has closed his page / made it available only to friends. i'm not surprised. I wonder how long he will have friends for...View attachment 4214

.I pray that God will bless Josh with His mercy and ease his pain either way

From a business standpoint I'm going to say there is more behind this story. This is a opinion written article so clearly both sides are not argued out truthfully. Honestly, maybe the company can't risk the drug right now, maybe it can't truly help. We wont know, neither will they. It's better to get the testing anyways and make sure that it will save lives than to give it and hurt there company where they can never save a life. I'm not wanting to start an argument here. Just a business standpoint.

Also, in reference to
The decision makers and lawmakers who allow them to get away with it are heartless scum who deserve a special place in hell, suffering exactly as he is suffering

I wanted to point you to a verse i actually read today,,,
NIV:
Romans 2.6 "God will repay each person according to what they have done.”

if we're also looking at Romans 2 you will see:
NIV:
Romans 2.1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Shall we really sit here and say they deserve a place in hell? I don't think we're right to go that far..you may think poorly of them, but do you truly wish anyone a spot in hell?

For anyone can repent and truly earn the forgiveness of God and earn a spot in Heaven. Everyone is worthy of heaven thanks to God giving his only Son, it's just the question of if they choose the option Christ has given them or not. I can't seriously look at anyone, from murderers to people such as Hitler and say he deserves hell, for I can't see the heart of the person. The Great thing about God is his mercy and love for us. We're lucky to have such a forgiving heavenly father.

I'm well aware that I will be judged according to the measure I use. However, my reaction was a knee jerk one to what it a travesty. Do i wish anyone goes to hell? No, but all of us also make choices that will ultimately save or condemn us. Me included.
Regarding two sides to the story, both sides are presented. Mr Moch states that it may have a negative effect to the drugs marketability. What this means is that it is as yet unproven, but shows hope as a possible treatment. Josh's family are aware of this and are willing to take the chance. As mentioned in the article, there are protocols in place that allow the merciful use of untested /as yet unapproved pharmaceutical products. the company is showing no mercy, instead they are more concerned with future income.
It gets down to the mighty dollar. The company's fear is that if Josh has no improvement or worse, a reaction to the drug speeding his death, they won't be able to get approval, market it and make millions of dollars.
End of story.
Just so you know, I am involved in sports supplement research and reviewing which sees similar controls to pharmaceuticals, being controlled by the AMA, FDA and various sporting bodies (to control the use of banned substances) so I am very aware of both sides of the story.
Blessings

they allowed the boy meds.
Thank God and now we must pray that they work for him if it pleases God.
It would seem the pressure was too much for Mr Moch and his cronies to bear or we can hope that he has softened his heart even if a little.

Back