Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How can you believe in something that can't be scientifically proven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kathi

This is one of the questions that many secular people will ask.This is one of the questions my brother used to ask.He was a scientist.What would you tell them?

Romans 1:16-19
King James Version (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,
17 For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith.
18 For God’s [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.
19 For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile. 17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in his sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as the Tanakh puts it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.”[a]
18 What is revealed is God’s anger from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people who in their wickedness keep suppressing the truth; 19 because what is known about God is plain to them, since God has made it plain to them.

How can you believe in something that can't be scientifically proven?

This is one of the questions that many secular people will ask.This is one of the questions my brother used to ask.He was a scientist.What would you tell them?

Faith. I believe because I've experienced the miracles of God first hand. I believe in God because "I" know He exists.

By the knowledge given by the Holy Spirit/ grace, through faith.

There really isn't anything I can think of that makes it logical to an unbeliever.

Is there anything that science has actually proven? Why do they refer to everything as a theory? Because nothing in this world is truly absolutely understood by mankind.

I would say because of answered prayer. Especially when you ask Him something specific. :)

It's all in application as it takes faith the size of a mustard seed to begin to grow into that which one has very little or no knowledge at all. Faith produces belief when application of Gods word is applied and you see Christ working in your life.

Faith. You have to use it first to see the actual evidence afterwards. Heb 11:1 NKJV

That's what believeing is for. And I myself am a scientist. Who majored in Biology. And studied evolution.

Tell me, what, if anything, can be scientifically proven.

Faith. You have to use it first to see the actual evidence afterwards. Heb 11:1 NKJV

True ! And once this submission in faith comes Yahweh will help the Christian along.

Heb 11:6 KJV But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

True ! And once this submission in faith comes Yahweh will help the Christian along.

Heb 11:6 KJV But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Do you ever say "God"? Why do you say "Yahweh"?

Do you ever say "God"? Why do you say "Yahweh"?

I like to say Yahweh because God has a name ( I'm not saying Yahweh is specifically correct ) . I do say God sometimes but He is my Father and I like to use a name esp one that no other god has.

I like to say Yahweh because God has a name ( I'm not saying Yahweh is specifically correct ) . I do say God sometimes but He is my Father and I like to use a name esp one that no other god has.
1. There are no other Gods, so there is no need for a name.
2. Calling one's father by his name instead of his role ("father") is absolutely unusual, at least in my culture.
3. This is off topic.

1. There are no other Gods, so there is no need for a name.
2. Calling one's father by his name instead of his role ("father") is absolutely unusual, at least in my culture.
3. This is off topic.

Oky doky. You don't need to like my decision I respect you calling Yahweh God if you choose.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back