Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How did the Godhead prove they were "love," before creation began?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Goldwing

The Bible claims, " God is love." Love is not proven by just claiming you love someone, there must be consistent actions to prove it. That said, and knowing that God is transparent, what combined information gathered within the Bible on the Godhead, reveal the choices each member of the Godhead made to prove they are, "Love," before creation began?

I will allow this thread to gather, say 25 or more post, before I share what I think is very enlightening.

The Bible claims, " God is love." Love is not proven by just claiming you love someone, there must be consistent actions to prove it. That said, and knowing that God is transparent, what combined information gathered within the Bible on the Godhead, reveal the choices each member of the Godhead made to prove they are, "Love," before creation began?

I will allow this thread to gather, say 25 or more post, before I share what I think is very enlightening.
Not sure what you mean...
But we know that the Persons of the Godhead share love.

1 Peter 1:20 kjv
20. Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Revelation 13:8 kjv
8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Romans 1:20 kjv
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I believe as `wondering` has said, that the Godhead shared between each other. Agape love, the giving of oneself.

The proof is in manifestation -

The Father so loved the world that He gave His Son..... (John 3: 16)
The Son gave His life to the Father...(1 Tim. 2: 6)
The Holy Spirit gave of the Son... (John 16: 14)

Last edited:
Ephesians 1:4 kjv
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Pre plate tectonics ( which shows before the plates) and thus in the mind before speaking into existence.

John 1.1 kjv
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Thus? If the Word was at the Beginning it existed in eternity (before creation).

John 17:24 kjv
24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

eddif

Before time was is I suppose excluded. Three full days of creation have gone by before time is created on day 4. Rod and staff I could do as agape love, but human anatomy is excluded. During creation is full of evidence of love, but as you say that is the evidence of preceding love that came before.

eddif

Psalms 90:2 kjv
2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Everlasting to everlasting must work.
Creation ( foundation) is the revelationional proof letting us hear of eternity before creation and eternity that follows time and judgement. During this time the coming eternity is described. God loves us enough to inform us of how to enter the eternal.

eddif

Hi Goldwing

Honestly, your answer is rather impossible for any human to answer with any degree of assured truth. The only thing that any of us can know about existence before the creation of our realm, (as far as we know God has created two realms), is what God reveals to us in His word.

However, there is ample proof, without having to make up possible scenarios that one might imagine before the existence of this created realm in which we live, that the three person of the Godhead do, in fact, love.

The Scriptures themselves give us the testimony that God demonstrates His love for us in that He gave His one and only Son to die in our place for our sin. We know that Jesus loves us because there is, also according to the Scriptures, no greater love than that someone lay down their life for another's. We know that the HS spirit loves us because he is the one who gives us the ability to understand the things of God. We also know that the HS spirit loves us because he is the Spirit of the living God. He is God.

God bless,
Ted

Love is an action word as before the foundation of the world God's plan of salvation through His only begotten Son is God's grace and mercy towards that which He came to create, even though none of us deserve His mercy and grace. Grace pardons us as mercy loves us.

I appreciate all your post, you'r giving this some thought. keep them coming. However, give thought to a time when just the trinity existed. All three are, "Love." What did each of them do which shows, they are love, not to prove it, but its just what they are, and there actions bear this out, and the scriptures support those actions.

2 Corinthians 5:17 kjv
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I perceive we may not were told which creation. Sin separates us from God, so in a sense the godhead was alone before they demonstrated their love for us.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Galatians 6:15 kjv
15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

King James says creature, but other translations say creation.

eddif

Ephesians 2:12 kjv
12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

When Israel was divorced......

eddif

2 Corinthians 5:17 kjv
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I perceive we may not were told which creation. Sin separates us from God, so in a sense the godhead was alone before they demonstrated their love for us.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
What is experienced between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is fairly far beyond us. There are matters we should understand, this isn’t one of them.

How did the Godhead prove they were "love," before creation began?
I will answer that question with another question: Prove it to who, exactly?

And since God is One, Zechariah 14:9, did He have to prove it to Himself?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back