Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

how do i get rid of google

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
startpage seems to be in bed with google.
you might look at'duckduckgo'
I have not used it myself, but it seems to be independant of google.

Last edited:
startpage seems to be in bed with google.
you might look at'duckduckdo'
I have not used it myself, but it seems to be independant of google.
before I had start page I had same problem Reba has now I added startpage deleted Google and I have no more problems with adds after I search for items to buy. also start page has a proxy or a regular way to look at searches.
most times I do not use proxy and have no adds anymore.

before I had start page I had same problem Reba has now I added startpage deleted Google and I have no more problems with adds after I search for items to buy. also start page has a proxy or a regular way to look at searches.
most times I do not use proxy and have no adds anymore.
What OS are you using? I use LINUX
I just googled startpage and it seems that it is not geared for the LINUX platform.
Maybe it is but I did not readily find it..(using google)

SHEESH nope it went back to google :angry3

Just that quick

You can't just get rid of Google, it's a love hate thing, but Google gives lots of accessibility to a lot of free things.
Ads from Google can only possibly show up in a Gmail account, if they are showing up in your Yahoo account for example then you have something else going on that Google is not responsible for.

Google ads should not just show up in your inbox unless you click on them, I have never seen one yet, but they claim they are there.

Using something like thunderbird for e-mail will filter out any google ads as they won't show in inbox.

Most sites you visit sends tracking cookies regardless, so your followed no matter what search engine you use.

To opt out of targeted ads (Not ads altogether) click on the box thing in Chrome far right (Google aps)

View attachment 10033
View attachment 10034
View attachment 10035

View attachment 10036
View attachment 10037

There are lots of ad settings on the ad's option page.

Ad Guard Ad Blocker for Google Chrome extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg?hl=en

Ghostery Chrome Extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghostery/mlomiejdfkolichcflejclcbmpeaniij?hl=en

Poper Blocker Chrome Extension:
http://www.poperblocker.com/

Not in the emails just at the lousy frontier mail on the right side... and they follow me to FB .. heck i dont spend much time at FB.. Yea ads based on my interests... NO THANKS... like i said i used google to go to Lowes to look at carpet prices ... then the carpet ads show up ON my email and at FB... i do not want google to follow me..or tell others where i go..

I would like to buy an email account to get rid of ads.. looked into some of that , found out they are owned by the creepy followers anyway,,,,

Roro1972 .. computer jargon goes over my head quickly... i know how to delete a program... what i am trying to get to my desk top is full of shortcuts connected to google what happens to them ... maybe it is not a big deal... are there steps i need to take or do i just delete letting the chips fall..

Not in the emails just at the lousy frontier mail on the right side... and they follow me to FB .. heck i dont spend much time at FB.. Yea ads based on my interests... NO THANKS... like i said i used google to go to Lowes to look at carpet prices ... then the carpet ads show up ON my email and at FB... i do not want google to follow me..or tell others where i go..

I would like to buy an email account to get rid of ads.. looked into some of that , found out they are owned by the creepy followers anyway,,,,

Roro1972 .. computer jargon goes over my head quickly... i know how to delete a program... what i am trying to get to my desk top is full of shortcuts connected to google what happens to them ... maybe it is not a big deal... are there steps i need to take or do i just delete letting the chips fall..

Facebook. Go to this link, it's your security settings.

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy

Uncheck the box that says.
"Do you want search engines outside of facebook to link to your profile"

I tried one more time and it worked :) :sohappy
WHAT WORKED??
The facebook thing Brother Mike spoke about?
(I don't have facebook)

I've been using bing.
Just to t the URL address up at the top and write in
bing.com

It's also nice because there's a a pretty new picture every day.
Are they also spying on me?

Wondering

WHAT WORKED??
The facebook thing Brother Mike spoke about?
(I don't have facebook)

I've been using bing.
Just to t the URL address up at the top and write in
bing.com

It's also nice because there's a a pretty new picture every day.
Are they also spying on me?

Wondering
Yes, Bing is Micro Soft owned.

Yes, Bing is Micro Soft owned.
You mean they spy too?
What about if i used that incognito page for the browser?
I have nothing to hide, but I agree with Reba. It's terrible how corporations know what you're doing.
It reminds me of Big Brother, Farenheit 451, Brave New World, etc.

Do we have ANY privacy left??

You mean they spy too?
I have nothing to hide, but I agree with Reba. It's terrible how corporations know what you're doing.

The incognito browser window prevents them from following you and in Firefox there is a setting to keep them from planting the cookies that allow them to trace you.

You mean they spy too?

No.privacy is an illusion.the goverment can track you via cameras.

Oh, and I pray you jest with that question. MS and Homeland Security worked together in creating a Key Tracker that is now in any version of windoze after 7. That tracker reports to the government.

Back