Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses’ teachings about Christ compare with Scriptures?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The JW would come by and Dad spend a long time with them because he cared....
I remember the jw teaching that when their numbers hit 144000 the end would come....

How do Jehovah's Witnesses' teaching about Christ compare with Scriptures?

They dont

The JW would come by and Dad spend a long time with them because he cared....
I remember the jw teaching that when their numbers hit 144000 the end would come....

How do Jehovah's Witnesses' teaching about Christ compare with Scriptures?

They dont
that was taught to me reba, of course nobody asks how do they know in the bible the 144,000 are who they say they are? and from the time of christ to the time of russel where are those men and women of 144k?

LOL Jason that reminds me:

If a Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door

Proceed to say this.

JW: Hello! Would you be interested in a copy of the Watchtower?/Hello! Would you like to join my church?

You: What are your beliefs

JW: Oh we believe in works to get into Heaven and only 144,000 are going to Heaven

You: Well you better stop knocking on these doors or there wont be room for you!

My Mom said that to a JW once and the expression on his face was as if he had just been hit by a brick.

http://www.christianforums.net/f39/if-jehovahs-witness-knocks-your-door-37330/

Code:
http://www.christianforums.net/f39/if-jehovahs-witness-knocks-your-door-37330/

3 - No active promotion of other Faiths is allowed:

You will not post any messages
; links, images or photos that promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity (atheism is considered a "belief" for the purposes of this rule). Discussing these doctrines are fine, as long as the beliefs are not actively promoted. This includes Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent seed, Dual Seed or Two-Seedline doctrine which are only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum. This is a Christian Forum as the name suggests.

Last edited by a moderator:
The JW's have the largest printing press AND distribution of printed material in the world. They earn billions of dollars in income every year. People can only speculate on the figure, because they don't disclose their finances. Now, ask a JW if they've ever seen a financial statement from their own church. If they're truthful, they will say NO, because their church is not truthful and forthcoming with them. No one knows where all that money goes, except the hierarchy of the JW church. To me, that alone sends up all kinds of red flags. All that money, and few people know what they are doing with it. :chin

Things that make ya go huh...

Editing and deleting of posts is at the discretion of the Mods and Admins. Refusal of membership and suspension or termination of existing members is at the discretion of the Administrators. Openly challenging a Mod or Admin is frowned upon.

reba

I will tell you this:

One nice day 2 young Jehovah witness girls came to my door, when i said hello to them they looked at me and said oh no not him! and walked away. It was a highlight of the day, where are the JW's ?

Where's that rolling on the floor smiley icon when i need him ? :lol

when i was a jw back in the early 90's and most of the 80s. i dont recall any financial statements. the tracts were free until the 90's. there were no, i reapeat no statements or talk of where the money went.

i was a kid then an perhaps that was discussed i dont recall it even when i hit the teens.

my church while small doesnt like some do put the amount of offerings and tithes on the bulletins handed out, but the pastor does ask for money and teach on it and states needs.

Sir you are not the Christ so sing your persecution else where. Reba

Only scripture from accepted Christian bibles will be allowed to be posted on this board. The New World Translation is not considered Christian material on this site. Discussion about other scripture, documents, writings or material is acceptable but will not be permitted to be used as a basis of support within a debate or discussion.

1 - This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act.

Last edited by a moderator:
The debate regarding the validity of Jehovah's Witnesses' belief about Christ is the debate between Bishop Arius and the Council that met at Nicea in 325 A.D., which resulted in the Nicene Creed.

Debates about the nature of Christ have been going on for centuries. But he said that he's the son of God and therefore God. I don't know of any son that does not have the same "genetics" as the Father, and is indeed the same as the father, ie. the same species.

I have no real problem with the JW's except they believe Jesus was Michael the archangel. Well, a born-again person (a son of God) is higher than the angels, so says the bible. If I'm higher than the angels, then that makes me higher than Jesus. Of course that is ludicrous. I, as a son of God, have equal status with Jesus and one day will judge the angels. I don't think I'll be judging Jesus considering he took my judgment I deserve at the cross!

I've asked this question before, and maybe this bunch of guys can answer it.

I've asked JWs, and anybody else the same question.

So will you please have a go at giving a sensible answer.

If Jesus existed as a spirit being BEFORE He was born, then

1 He was not really BORN - since He already existed

2 He was not really CONCEIVED as Luke says very clearly.

He was transplanted, implanted or some other word into Mary's womb, and she was not really His mother, but a surrogate one.

How do you square those simple facts with pre-existence?

I've asked this question before, and maybe this bunch of guys can answer it.

I've asked JWs, and anybody else the same question.

So will you please have a go at giving a sensible answer.

If Jesus existed as a spirit being BEFORE He was born, then

1 He was not really BORN - since He already existed

2 He was not really CONCEIVED as Luke says very clearly.

He was transplanted, implanted or some other word into Mary's womb, and she was not really His mother, but a surrogate one.

How do you square those simple facts with pre-existence?
A spirit is not born, but a body is. What was conceived inside Mary was a human baby, fathered by God. Jesus is both fully God (because He was God, see John 1:1 and Hebrews 1:3 in particular) and fully man (His humanity is real humanity, not some half-divine, half-human hybrid). He is the image of the invisible God, the exact imprint of God's nature, and in Him all the fullness of deity dwells bodily. Mary was not (contrary to the belief that got its start in the fifth century) "the mother of God" (since she did not contribute in any way to Christ's divinity) she was the mother of Christ.

A spirit is not born, but a body is. What was conceived inside Mary was a human baby, fathered by God. Jesus is both fully God (because He was God, see John 1:1 and Hebrews 1:3 in particular) and fully man (His humanity is real humanity, not some half-divine, half-human hybrid). He is the image of the invisible God, the exact imprint of God's nature, and in Him all the fullness of deity dwells bodily. Mary was not (contrary to the belief that got its start in the fifth century) "the mother of God" (since she did not contribute in any way to Christ's divinity) she was the mother of Christ.

Chan

You have not really addressed the question.

Scripture says He was BORN, and that He was CONCEIVED.

But if He pre-existed as a spirit being, then I insist that no conception took place. Implantation, transplantation or something else - but NOT conception.

Do you agree with that point?

Therefore, all that you have said and alluded to, is irrelevant to the question.

Asy,, Any words us people can use to describe His, conception and birth, with fall short. His birth was a miracle of God.

Let's not turn this into a trinity/Christ's divinity questioned thread.

This thread is to see how JW's teachings compare to Scripture about Christ.

Our Statement of Faith, states that Christ is God's Son, a Divine Being, who was and is, and is to come. Let's not forget that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back