Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How do we know what God's planning?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I know this sounds weird , but is there a way to know what God will do and WHY he does it. Like how the second coming of Christ might be near and we see the signs, but it hasn't come. And another example why does God allow our people to go through the things they go through. Like if someone is a Christian (faithfully and strong) but they find out something bad like a sickness. Not trying to start anything, but I'm very curious. Thanks in advance.

I think in knowing what God's going to do next, all we can do is speculate. There's really no way of knowing, with any real accuracy, what His timeline is.

As for sickness, sometimes people just get sick.

Philippians is an Epistle about 'the fellowship of His sufferings', but there is a lot of joy there, too.

I know this sounds weird , but is there a way to know what God will do and WHY he does it. Like how the second coming of Christ might be near and we see the signs, but it hasn't come. And another example why does God allow our people to go through the things they go through. Like if someone is a Christian (faithfully and strong) but they find out something bad like a sickness. Not trying to start anything, but I'm very curious. Thanks in advance.
Dear sister, our walks with God are individual. I have yet to be tested as Job, and yet God said of him in Job_1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

King David did near everything wrong such as taking another man’s (Uriah) wife (Bathsheba), and basically had him killed because David had gotten her pregnant. David did suffer consequence as a result, but God said this of him in prophesy; Act_13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

In Dan_3:23 God allowed his faithful servants Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, to be cast down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. What did they do? They wouldn’t bow down to the golden image of Nebuchadnezzar. BUT, we read in Dan 3:24-25 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. God had not forsook them and was in the fire with them as their shield against harm.

When you come against things you can’t explain and with fear, you can trust our Father that gave us His Son Jesus. He always works in us for our good (Rom 8:28), will never leave nor forsake us, and loves us at all times.

Eboni, we are being worked on and in to become conformed into the very image of Christ (Rom_8:29), and as such He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure (Php_2:13) and He isn’t done with us yet.

1Pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pet 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pet 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

We do not know what God is planning.We just have to know that God has a plan and a purpose for everything He does in a Christian's life.

Hi youngster, from an old blues singer that could never make his mind up on directions.

I am a terminal veteran that tried my best to teach a black man to sing country and wound up learning how to play the blues in Nam.

The best book to read for an idea of why God allows us to endure is the book of Job. Job had no idea what strength he possessed until God turned Satan loose on him. From a complete study of all the Word I have learned that God is not going to give us a harp and a cloud to play music on for Eternity... we will be busy, in His service. We need to be able to endure but with a heart.

To the other issue, all I can say is that after studying the scriptures is that the Fig Tree Jesus spoke of blooming, Israel, bloomed May 14, 1948, so now is the time. Any time now.

Hi youngster, from an old blues singer that could never make his mind up on directions.

I am a terminal veteran that tried my best to teach a black man to sing country and wound up learning how to play the blues in Nam.

The best book to read for an idea of why God allows us to endure is the book of Job. Job had no idea what strength he possessed until God turned Satan loose on him. From a complete study of all the Word I have learned that God is not going to give us a harp and a cloud to play music on for Eternity... we will be busy, in His service. We need to be able to endure but with a heart.

To the other issue, all I can say is that after studying the scriptures is that the Fig Tree Jesus spoke of blooming, Israel, bloomed May 14, 1948, so now is the time. Any time now.
Amen to that.I am anxiously awaiting....

Matthew 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Matthew 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

...if we have the Way (John 14.1), then the way, however hard, becomes a lighter - and joyous - burden. Blessings.

My life is in Gods hands entirely.I would have it any other way.I can not imagine a better place for my life to be.

0761dac8978acf036a0b839e1c3ed019.jpg

Hi,

I am currently in need of direction from The Lord regarding my job. I have been working as a social worker with children and families for the past 14 years. I am now feeling mentally and physically tired from my job. I do believe the Lord placed me in my career to serve others and the job has been rewarding but I do find that day in and day out I am dealing with one negative situations after another. I do feel that there has got to be more to the Lords plans in terms of my career. I have the desire to go deeper into Scriptures and to learn more about The Lord as we'll as drawing closer to him. I have just completed two courses at my church bible college in the evening which I have really enjoyed and I want to do more courses. However I feel most of the time discouraged due to my job to the point where I start to feel resentful because I feel that my job can impact on my walk with The Lord as well as my time with my children in terms of when I finish work late which leaves me to tired to do anything even if it is on the weekend. I beat up on myself for not being more proactively involved in the church due to feeling tired and discouraged. This can also affect my pray life. I do not want to make any hasty decisions regarding my career in case this is not the Lords will for me to leave, even though I am unclear as to what else I can do because I have spent most of my career as a social worker. I know The Lord is in control and he does not gives us more than we can handle. But I do feel unsure about how much more I can handle and what The Lord has in store for me.

Hi,

I am currently in need of direction from The Lord regarding my job. I have been working as a social worker with children and families for the past 14 years. I am now feeling mentally and physically tired from my job. I do believe the Lord placed me in my career to serve others and the job has been rewarding but I do find that day in and day out I am dealing with one negative situations after another. I do feel that there has got to be more to the Lords plans in terms of my career. I have the desire to go deeper into Scriptures and to learn more about The Lord as we'll as drawing closer to him. I have just completed two courses at my church bible college in the evening which I have really enjoyed and I want to do more courses. However I feel most of the time discouraged due to my job to the point where I start to feel resentful because I feel that my job can impact on my walk with The Lord as well as my time with my children in terms of when I finish work late which leaves me to tired to do anything even if it is on the weekend. I beat up on myself for not being more proactively involved in the church due to feeling tired and discouraged. This can also affect my pray life. I do not want to make any hasty decisions regarding my career in case this is not the Lords will for me to leave, even though I am unclear as to what else I can do because I have spent most of my career as a social worker. I know The Lord is in control and he does not gives us more than we can handle. But I do feel unsure about how much more I can handle and what The Lord has in store for me.

:pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back