Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study How do you have joy in the Lord?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have nothing else, no friends, got kicked out of college, stay in a dinky place, I have nothing this world would seem as valuable...how do I have joy in the Lord?

Especially when my faith and trust in him is marred... What do i do?

I have nothing else, no friends, got kicked out of college, stay in a dinky place, I have nothing this world would seem as valuable...how do I have joy in the Lord?

You have Jesus. The things the world sees as valuable is nothing. Psalm 23 states The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not
want. Don't allow the enemy to steal your joy. Christ says he will never leave nor forsake.
1 John 1.4 An these things write we unto you, that your joy might be full.
James 5.11 Behold, we count them happy which endure, Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
Hope this sermon by CH Spurgeon will help.

Charles Spurgeon Sermon - How to Become Full of Joy

Will keep you in my prayers.

hello Sailing_soul, dirtfarmer here

Would you explain what you mean by:" Especially when my faith and trust in him is marred"?

Hello Sailing_Soul,
Welcome to the forums. I went my first 45 years without our Saviour and for better than half of that I had been called of God and refused to believe it. I don't know what you did to be ejected from school but if you are like myself at that age it was a dozy.

Serving God is different than living in the World and, perhaps, that is the reason God has let Satan tickle you a little. I wanted wine women and song and had my fill of them. I went all the way to being one trip to Nashville before I turned to God and left the trip laying there on the table of a juke joint.

That was just over 23 years that God worked to get my attention and very time I thought I had it made in those 23 years our LORD kicked my feet out from under me because I knew the truth ut refused to submit, completely, to Him.

Please, understand, you are one of the two persons on this planet that know your spiritual condition, you and the Holy Spirit. But it might be the case that you were not listening to God any longer but had found the Sexual Pleasures of the women or the temporary pleasure getting high or drunk, it could be many things the World has to offer and the LORD doesn't want your witness whiped away completely.

As I said, I don't know but I can feel free to suggest that you go to Church this week end and at the Altar Call, go forward and rededicate your life to Him and cry for His mercy and His advise, He will give it to you.

And may God's mercies rain down on you as a flood. God bless youngster.

If you have family, try and be close to them. On the phone or in person. I've found the love of God to be simular to the love of family, in that being around them strengthened me when I had little hope. The love of God I think is simular, it can strengthen you, and cangive you more love, peace, and joy to spread to others by having God's love in you. It's an observation I've seen in my life anyways.

If you feel lost from God, do what you can to seek Him. He'll help you with that. Then just be patient with yourself and with your faith. Finding trust after it's lost sometimes takes time, or it takes an event in your life that shows you you can trust again.

Good luck, and God bless you.

Sailing soul, you are going some where, right now.
If you allow yourself, you will sail closer to God.
As you seek him, reach out to help others.
Do you know how many ways a person can help another?
You don't have to know them.
You just need to know Jesus and with every help you give another, you are helping Jesus.

Now here is an important thing to remember.
God will never be in debt to you.
If you do something to serve the living God, he will do more for you in return.

What do you think?
Does he know your needs?
Will he give you a new pail and shovel if what you need is a friend?
He knows your needs better than you do.
And he will give these gifts to you in the time that he sees is right.
He will not overwhelm you with gifts nor will he let you go without.

So joy in the Lord starts with a relationship with Jesus.
The Holy Spirit will give us all the joy we could ever want or need, especially in hard times.

So do not fret.
Rejoice that God loves you and is right now preparing what next good thing is coming your way.

Sailing soul, you are going some where, right now.
If you allow yourself, you will sail closer to God.
As you seek him, reach out to help others.
Do you know how many ways a person can help another?
You don't have to know them.
You just need to know Jesus and with every help you give another, you are helping Jesus.

Now here is an important thing to remember.
God will never be in debt to you.
If you do something to serve the living God, he will do more for you in return.

What do you think?
Does he know your needs?
Will he give you a new pail and shovel if what you need is a friend?
He knows your needs better than you do.
And he will give these gifts to you in the time that he sees is right.
He will not overwhelm you with gifts nor will he let you go without.

So joy in the Lord starts with a relationship with Jesus.
The Holy Spirit will give us all the joy we could ever want or need, especially in hard times.

So do not fret.
Rejoice that God loves you and is right now preparing what next good thing is coming your way.
Thanks, I'm trying to be hopeful, I'm just so tired.

By that I mean damaged.
Hi Sailing Soul

We are all damaged in one way or another. It cannot be avoided since we live in a sin-filled world.
We are damaged by ourselves. ( wrong decisions) others (hurt feelings) and by nature (illness and physical problems) .

I can feel joy in the Lord by knowing that of the two powers from which to choose, I have chosen God, the creator of the universe. I'm happy to be on his side and I can know He loves me, His creation, even when things are bleak.

I can feel the joy of knowing that one day I will see our Lord face to face and all this will have been worth it.

Joy is not a superficial feeling, but a deep knowledge that we belong to God right now and will for eternity.

Wondering

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back