Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How do you make your Turkey sandwich?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

Well, after getting up early today to get the turkey on and being busy all day, it wound up that I didn't get my postprandial nap until about 8:30 p.m. after the dishes were finally done and the folks had left for home.

So, now I'm wide awake and just finished what has become one of my most favorite traditions of thanksgiving: eating the first Turkey sandwich with a glass of cold milk.

Since the rest of the family are in bed asleep, I came on the board to find that there are many new names and a lot of thought provoking posts, but I'm not up to any truly in-depth thought tonight. I'll wrestle with deep spiritual insights later.

Right now, I thought I'd just give everyone an opportunity to share what their favorite turkey sandwich "receipe" is.

My husband goes whole hog. He'll take leftover rolls or wheat bread if there aren't any rolls, butter 'em up, add turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and then slather gravy over the whole thing and heat it up in the microwave.

I couldn't imagine eating all of that. I stick with a very basic turkey on white bread with Miracle Whip (NOT mayo) and wash it down with the aforementioned cold milk. Boring, but this is what I always ate when I was a child, and have never grown out of loving the classic.

So, how about it? What's YOUR favorite turkey sandwich?

Maybe sometime next week when the kids are back in school and my husband is back at work, I'll start a more theological thread. Like maybe on ...hmmmm...gluttoney? :eggface:

Oh my goodness! Were you really up at midnight eating a turkey sandwich? ROFL!!, I mean, it's only 8 am over here on the east coast and I'm thinking about bacon and eggs! LOL

But I do love my turkey sandwiches! I like them smothered in Mayo! Nothing else, just two pieces of bread, a pile of assorted turkey meat (white and dark) and a ton, I mean, half a jar of mayo! Umm umm yummy!

Since you asked, I like mine on whole wheat, lightly toasted, with a little mayo, a couple of thin tomato slices and cranberry sauce or jelly. :smt007

vic C. said:
Since you asked, I like mine on whole wheat, lightly toasted, with a little mayo, a couple of thin tomato slices and cranberry sauce or jelly. :smt007
StoveBolts said:
Oh my goodness Vic! Don't tell us you're expecting! :-D

:smt082

You are too funny. (Though why you would ruin perfectly good turkey by smothering it with mayo instead of Miracle Whip is beyond me!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back