Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "How do you read it?" Luke 10:26

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"How do you read it?" Luke 10:26

Everyday we read lots of writings, novels, books etc. and what we read have profound effect in our day to day life. How do we read relate to our craving to understand and will surely affect what we perceive. Different people can read newspaper differently even though the media can prioritize our focus. Some might be interested to know about sports than politics, but some others in contemporary general knowledge, others in public opinions. How do we read also depend on the need for information. If we are in serious need of an information, we go through carefully every information provided and then decide. We read bible too.. to walk with Christ and to live in Him. It is an important part of a Christian's life to understand and read the word of God to live faultlessly in the presence of the Lord.

When a lawyer of the law came to Jesus asking "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?", Jesus Christ, in return asking "What is written in the law?". He adds on to the question that "How do you read it?".

In the context of the above verse from bible, it is interesting to notice why Jesus Christ is raising the question of 'How do you read?". We all have the same word of God, through bible, but it is important to give attention to how we read it. When Jesus asks this question, it seems to nullify the first question of what is written in the law, and prioritize the later question. There were many direct laws given directly by God to Moses, including the ten commandments, but the expert of the law quoted Deutoronomy 6:5, that is to love our God with all our heart soul and strength and to love our neighbor (Leviticus 19:18).

How you read the scripture and realize that God is love (1 John 4:8), “Who do you say I am?” (Matthew 16:15), "Why were you searching for me?" (Luke 2:49), "Where is your faith?" (Luke 8:25), "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?" (John 14:10). These are the questions Jesus Christ asks to all His disciples personally. As followers of Christ, we cannot hide away from these questions because these are the fundamental questions of Christ to our heart. More than 'by-hearting' the verses of the scripture, we need a transformation to meditate on it and to ready our minds to perceive the revelations God implants in our hearts. Many times we do have time to listen and read bible, but neglect time to meditate on the word of God and ask God for His will in our lives. It becomes an imperative responsibility of each Christian to follow Jesus and listen when He tells "DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE" (Luke 10:28)

I agree with Deborah13 that was a very good post. We both welcome you into the best Forum out there. You have found a good Christian family to have fellowship with to post your thoughts as well as read ours. Since you like to study and meditate on God's Word, you are welcome to join us in our study of Matthew is the "Bible Study" forum. It's a very slow, in depth study. We are in Chapter three. Come and join us please.

Back