Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How does tiny Israel survive?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
YouTube - ‪Israel, That Tiny Strip of Land - How Does It Survive?‬‏

Israel - Size comparison maps, and some Biblical promises that explain man's inability to destroy the handiwork of the Creator.

2 Sam 7:23-24 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods? 24 For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, Lord, art become their God.

KJV Sound Clip - Jerusalem of Gold, Jonathon Settel

I have thought, for over 30 years, that Israel exists ONLY because God either wants it to exist - or allows it to exist.

Will She exist when the USA no longer has the $$$ for aid to her?

I have thought, for over 30 years, that Israel exists ONLY because God either wants it to exist - or allows it to exist.

PG i feel that way about every country on Gods earth.

Jerusalem will not dissapear for good prior to the return of Christ. It could very well in the future be dispersed ext, but never will it not exist, its required in multiple prophecy, so I agree, God very much keeps it in its place dispite not being current for quite a long time prior to the events in the 40's and so on even with currently being completely surrounded by existing enemies.

Every once in awhile I like to repost this picture of the land promised to Abraham but never, ever was fulfilled, no not historically, not before Christ, not after Christ and not yet today.

Israelmap2.jpg

As for why they survive, I like to think of the verse,

And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them.

So, what if the USA helps Israel? I believe that the USA has it's basis in the house of Joseph anyway --- as Joseph in Egypt became a Gentile and was not known by his brethren, so it goes with the "Gentile" USA. So the prophecy in Zechariah holds true. And as thus, it answers the very deep questions why Islamics, many nations, and leftist, liberal people tend to hate Israel, the USA and Great Britain so much. It goes back to the bible and anything God said they detest. But like it or not, It's all coming and unstoppable like an uncontrolled train.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

On the political front I dont like a lot of what Israel does. Heck i dont like a lot of what the USA does. BUT she is a democracy I would complain about US aid $$$ else where long before complaining about aid to another democracy.

Every once in awhile I like to repost this picture of the land promised to Abraham but never, ever was fulfilled, no not historically, not before Christ, not after Christ and not yet today.

Israelmap2.jpg

That is because your picture is not biblically accurate.:biggrinistorted

Jos 21:43 ¶ And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 - And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 - There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Tim's example is important, as a window on futurism in general.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tim-from-pa

Jos 21:43 ¶ And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 - And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 - There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pas
s.

These passages are as plain as it gets, and Tim:biglol has no trouble at all holding a contrary position.

:toofunny

I believe so. I don't think our financial aid is what sustains her... now as to military help... perhaps equipment wise we play a role, but the skilled pilots, the well organized military they have - that's all their handiwork.

Well, you make a good point. But most countries on this planet are not surrounded by those wanting "... them driven into the sea", like Isreal.

Back