Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth How far are you willing to go out of love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

Hey everyone sorry I havent been online in ages life has been chaotic for me lol.

I want to talk about a subject that in my prayers quite often and is something that is on my heart quite a lot. The subject I am talking is love. See I know a true believer when I see they have love in their hearts, love is the proof the evidence of child of God. I call it the mark of the Christian, believe me I know that the world sees Christians as liars hypocrites judgmental and such and for good reason because a majority of the church is exactly that because love has grown cold and it seems we have lost our way and forgotten what it actually means to be a Christian.
I knew soon after I was saved that I did not seek a n ordinary love with God not an ordinary faith and certainly not an ordinary relationship with him. This decision alone sent me on a wild harsh and fantastic ride with God and in faith, I prayed that he would give me his eyes his heart his very spirit and divine nature to love as he does to have him mold my heart into his even if Blain himself disappears. the second I asked this i noticed he worked on it daily and gradually and eventually he filled my heart with love richly.

something has happened recently though. see I have a very dear friend he became an atheist years ago because his life was harsh and plus he has a scientific kind of mind anyways. I made a prayer request a couple days ago for his salvation because I know that if my friend could know God like I do could be overwhelmed by the love compassion and intimacy that God and I have everything would change for him. now before I go on there is a prayer I always ask that you should know. I tell God often that I seek a very deep very rich powerful and intimate love for him with him and for all others. so much so that I would be more than willing to burn n the fires of hell for the sake of just one lost child- person I dont even know.

Can you imagine being so full of love seeing ppl through his eyes truly loving them with his his heart and seeing every individual so precious so rare so beautiful and so important that you would without a second thought go to burn in hell for a time for their sake? well when I made this request I was messaged by a person who later I found out was a troll but his messaged intrigued me because it alligned with my hearts desires. he asked me if I would be willing to burn in hell for the salvation of my friend, I told him my hearts prayer about burning in hell and he replied let be then as you have said.

now honestly I don't know why I thought this but i had a feeling that that night it very well might happen. the entire night I could hear the holy spirit asking me how far are you willing to go. I replied every time Lord you know how far I am willing to go, you can ask me a thousand times and the answer will be the same. I will gladly burn in hell for not just this person but any lost soul. you may think this is a bit extreme going to hell for the sake of just one lost soul especially one you don't even know but I am not afraid because I know that if in fact this were to happen I would not be alone. I know God well enough that he protects his own and would not send one to hell by themselves in such a situation and I also know that no matter how severe the pain no matter how hot the fires in hell the love for him and all his children lost and saved would be that much greater and it would be that love that would keep strong.

so imagine hell as the #1 then think of the love as 1*10 which is 1,000. Now obviously I didn't go that night but I believe God was curious as to exactly how much I meant it when I said I seek such a love.

John 15:13,14
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down this life for his friends.
Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

I certainly don't think we can go to hell for someone though.
I would probably jump out in front of a car to save my loved ones, or stop a bullet for someone.

Jude 21-24
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And of some have compassion, making a difference,
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.

Good day

Hey everyone sorry I havent been online in ages life has been chaotic for me lol.

I want to talk about a subject that in my prayers quite often and is something that is on my heart quite a lot. The subject I am talking is love. See I know a true believer when I see they have love in their hearts, love is the proof the evidence of child of God. I call it the mark of the Christian, believe me I know that the world sees Christians as liars hypocrites judgmental and such and for good reason because a majority of the church is exactly that because love has grown cold and it seems we have lost our way and forgotten what it actually means to be a Christian.
I knew soon after I was saved that I did not seek a n ordinary love with God not an ordinary faith and certainly not an ordinary relationship with him. This decision alone sent me on a wild harsh and fantastic ride with God and in faith, I prayed that he would give me his eyes his heart his very spirit and divine nature to love as he does to have him mold my heart into his even if Blain himself disappears. the second I asked this i noticed he worked on it daily and gradually and eventually he filled my heart with love richly.

something has happened recently though. see I have a very dear friend he became an atheist years ago because his life was harsh and plus he has a scientific kind of mind anyways. I made a prayer request a couple days ago for his salvation because I know that if my friend could know God like I do could be overwhelmed by the love compassion and intimacy that God and I have everything would change for him. now before I go on there is a prayer I always ask that you should know. I tell God often that I seek a very deep very rich powerful and intimate love for him with him and for all others. so much so that I would be more than willing to burn n the fires of hell for the sake of just one lost child- person I dont even know.

Can you imagine being so full of love seeing ppl through his eyes truly loving them with his his heart and seeing every individual so precious so rare so beautiful and so important that you would without a second thought go to burn in hell for a time for their sake? well when I made this request I was messaged by a person who later I found out was a troll but his messaged intrigued me because it alligned with my hearts desires. he asked me if I would be willing to burn in hell for the salvation of my friend, I told him my hearts prayer about burning in hell and he replied let be then as you have said.

now honestly I don't know why I thought this but i had a feeling that that night it very well might happen. the entire night I could hear the holy spirit asking me how far are you willing to go. I replied every time Lord you know how far I am willing to go, you can ask me a thousand times and the answer will be the same. I will gladly burn in hell for not just this person but any lost soul. you may think this is a bit extreme going to hell for the sake of just one lost soul especially one you don't even know but I am not afraid because I know that if in fact this were to happen I would not be alone. I know God well enough that he protects his own and would not send one to hell by themselves in such a situation and I also know that no matter how severe the pain no matter how hot the fires in hell the love for him and all his children lost and saved would be that much greater and it would be that love that would keep strong.

so imagine hell as the #1 then think of the love as 1*10 which is 1,000. Now obviously I didn't go that night but I believe God was curious as to exactly how much I meant it when I said I seek such a love.

Hi Blain :) God is God. He's not curious about anything. He knows what you think; He knows why you think it. He knows our motives and intentions better than we do. Jesus paid the price for us with His own blood and people either receive his forgiveness and accept Him as Lord and Savior, or they don't. There is no other way and we cannot trade places with unbelievers. Case closed.
The Good News is that Jesus already died for the sins of your friend, but according to 2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the image of God."
I would not put great emphasis on how you feel, because in a way it doesn't matter. We never really know what we are made of anyway. Peter one minute thought he would gladly die for and/or with Jesus and a short while later said he never knew Him, three times. Just stay close to Jesus, in God's word, and ask to be led by the Holy Spirit. Love God and His love will just naturally flow through you. Share the gospel with him ~ clearly. Maybe put it in writing. He can't be at home in argument with a letter. Pray for wisdom as to what to do and when to do it. God loves him more than you and it is the Holy Spirits desire to give us wisdom (James 1:5). You might want to give him your testimony also. He may reject it; he may resent you, but he cannot un-read what he has read or un-hear what he has heard. A lot of people have never heard the Gospel presented clearly. They confuse it with religion and/or met Christians or those who thought they were who were either unkind, misguided, a little bit crazy, or all of these things. Plant the seed. God promised in Isaiah 55:10-11 "As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Pray that God would send more laborers in the harvest to cross his path. I'm not sure exactly how much authority we have over the devil in Jesus name as pertains to other people, but just to cover all the bases, I would bind the devil, come against him, in Jesus' name concerning your friend. Psalm 138:8 The Lord will accomplish that which concerns you. Trust in God. Thank Him for all He is doing behind the scenes. Hope this helps. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back