Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How God answers you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

God answers in any of the three ways:
a. YES - I will do it right away.
b. WAIT - I will do it later.
c. NO - I will not do it.

**He keeps silent at other times when we become so sinful

The problem we have is that we most at times refuse to be attentive to the Spirit of God. He always responds to the prayers of His children. (...He will never leave you nor forsake you, Jos 1:5).

++Most people are impatient, they go for an alternative - they just can't WAIT. Whatever the alternative you have made, it is a wrong decision. Do not do it your own way. He has a reason why He is delaying that - it is for your own GOOD.
Take that which He offers
1 Cor 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men
Isaiah 55 NKJV
8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

Nor are your ways My ways, says the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

++He always gives us the best.
Mathew 7 NKJV
7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give goodgifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to thosewho ask Him!

---
---
Even when He says 'NO' still trust Him. He definitely lets you know why He has said NO.
Even at NO, He still loves you.

Do not always hope for a YES, He could offer a NO.
He does not always say NO. (at times we ask amiss)
You might say: how long? You might say: would I have bleed through my nose before He answers?

Just keep praying; keep trusting in His word

When He says WAIT, please WAIT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

At times God does not give us exactly what we ask. He could decide to give you something similar. 'YES - I will do it right away' might be an alternative.
My sister's case was 'YES - but I will give you a baby girl - not twins'.
She had conception difficulties. After about 6yrs God gave her a lovely girl. I remember when she prayed and told God to open her womb. She always asked for twins. People helped her in that line of prayer. We all prayed hoping and believing she would have twins.
God changed it and gave her a single baby. She must have asked God 'why'.
We have seen the reason God decided to give a single baby: she would have lost her job while struggling to take care of two babies (she is always needed in her office, and her husband is always away...besides both are not comfortable with getting a nanny), and twins need great attention. How would she have survived the mother friendly thing?:) An unfriendly result in such a situation is probably losing one baby all because she was busy in the office and could not give adequate attention to the twins. Child abuse.

--
--
At times he could give you something completely different, something you could not even wish to have. Why trouble your life?
++

Proverbs 10:22 NKJV
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.

++

Did you ask for a private jet and He gave you a bicycle? Call it a bicycle! You would look back along your road and say: 'Indeed, I needed a bicycle'

--
Some could say, 'I waited for ages, all God could give me is a fraction of what I wanted'.
---
We all are humans, we could behave like this. At the end you will appreciate Him.

Jer 1:5 NKJV
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...

++
Jer 29: 11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
++
++
At the end you'd always sing, 'God, you are fantastic!'

Wait - I will do it later.

I know we all are guilty here. We at times boldly refuse to WAIT.
There are mainly three reasons God delays our request:
i. why asking when you know what to do?
ii. this is not the right time for it.
iii. I wanna test your faith. Prove yourself.

For (i.), We are gods, He made us in His own image; we are expected by God to take certain decisions without necessarily having to cry to Him. It embarrasses God when we refuse to use our common sense.

He directs you to His word; or He could use your fellow human beings to help us.

During a prayer season in my church (that was some years ago) a guest speaker prayed for some couple of People having fertility problems.
The Spirit of God told him something about a particular woman standing there (in a group of males and females). He said to her: 'Are you married?' The woman responded: 'No - I am not married.'
Then he said to her, 'How can you get pregnant when you are not yet married?'
The pastor did not aerial t leave - she left on her own. Many of us are like this woman.

'O Lord my God, I call upon thee. You said in Psalm 50:15: Call upon Me in the days of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me...' And for this reason, God, I want to play in FCB team A.'

He wants to play in team A when he has never seen a ball before.
God wants you to take the right step: 'get married', 'register with FCB kindergarten', 'use your common sense - you have the ability to reason.

For (ii.), It is not the right time. There is danger. He is saving you from that. Do not be stubborn with Him. If you are patient enough you will see what He has saved you from. My sister's single child thing is a typical example (we still trust God that she would have her twins at the right time)

when you venture into an alternate you would certainly suffer for it. He could allow that to come upon you so that next time you would trust Him. He could prevent you from having that until the appointed time. God is never late - and your time is never late today. Your environment makes it seem you are late. (And do not start to procastinate - get the point).

For (iii.), He can choose to delay it for He wants you to prove that you love Him. And note that along this time He is holding your promise you are not getting late. Only circumstances tell you you are late.

God promised Abraham a son. God did not fulfill that until after so many years

Let's learn to hear Him.
Let's learn to trust Him.

One of the easiest ways to upset God is to doubt Him. (But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Heb 11:6).

Seeking alternatives puts a big frown on His face.

NO - I will not do it.

--
Here is where most People see God as being wicked or uncaring.

At least, there are three main reasons why God says 'NO'.

i. I do not know you.
ii. You ask amiss.
iii. I am saving you from danger.

--
--
Case i. (I do not know you)
This is straightforward. You are sinful - you are a sinner, or You have forsake Him. He sure loves you as a human...but He wants you to come to Him or come back to Him.

2Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

And no matter what we pray, He is not gonna listen. He wants you to do the right thing. He refers you to the right thing. (In very rare cases He could answer you out of His Kindness)

--
2 Tim 2:22 NKJV
Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

++
Isaiah 59 NKJV
1 Behold, the LORDÂ0„3Â0…4s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.
3 For your hands are defiled with blood, And your fingers with iniquity; Your lips have spoken lies, Your tongue has muttered perversity.

!!!
It is simple: only make peace with Him.

--
--
Case ii. (You ask amiss)

James 4:3 NKJV
You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

--
First, we ask amiss: when we are sinful.

Job 35 NKJV
12 There they cry out, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men.
13 Surely God will not listen to empty talk, Nor will the Almighty regard it.

##
Psalm 66:18 NKJV

If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.

--
--
We ask selfishly:
'O God, my grandma handed over to me. I am in my last tenure, and I have few months left. I want this political position to remain in our family circle. Please, let my son win the election. That man called Jude is a pain. He is a Powerful politician. Eliminate him for me. If possible...'

God does not answer that kind of prayer. He is the father of all. ( 1 cor 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.)

'O Lord my God, I wanna be a medical doctor...and I hate blood. I love literature - and I HATE biology. I made an A in literature. My biology teacher is insane! She gave me an F again...'

++
'My Dearly Beloved God, I am 29 today. I still live with my parents. My parents are not gonna buy me a private jet. Mike is a friend, and he has one; Tom just got himself an estate. Please stair the hearts of my parents and cause them to buy a jet for me, and I also need a mansion too. The last I checked my parents' account...they had $100000.
As for me, I am tired of calling my boss 'sir'...so I quit my work...'

If you want a jet work for it.
-
God has all riches - He gives you a thing only when you deserve it and only when it is necessary. He does not waste things.
So, most People ask foolishly and childishly.
(I remember praying as a kid to be the president of the world :lol)

--
--
Case iii. (I am saving you from danger)

Certain request or prayers or activities lead us into sin...and could eventual cost your life.
God would not give you that political position that destroys and leads you into sin. He denies you that secretarial post where the boss forces you to sign fake documents. (Unless He knows you are strong enough to defend Him).
Strictly speaking,
GOD WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU THAT POSITION THAT WOULD NOT GLORIFY HIS NAME!! He will warn you strictly through His People, His word etc. And when we refuse to listen, He could physically inflict sickness upon you and causing you to fail the medical test during the period.

In spite of the obvious warnings and signs you still have many people who do that which seems good to them. God could choose to ignore you: what you Sow that you shall reap.
Whatever your reasons for doing it your own way, if not that which God has set aside for you, you shall suffer it. He does not force you forever.

::::>
It is better to hearken unto the voice of God and do that which He asks you to do...and see Him as a wicked God (and He never is - you shall find out) than to take that decision that would destroy you. I have never seen make mistakes.

--
I know of a couple whose family perished. God warned them never get married. God used both brethren and signs to stop them, they refused to listen.

--
Do we think mistakes are reversible or easily reversible? We know He is a merciful God, and do not tempt Him.
The enemy is seeking whom to devour.
--
Let us be fools that God might be glorified - and at the end you would love Him more and more - for He is always right - all His ways are just.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back