Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I lost 100 pounds and saved money

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ardchoille

I have lost about 100 pounds with this common sense diet that was recommended to me by my doctor:

1. Never eat unless you’re hungry
Many people eat when they’re bored, depressed, etc. A meal should be considered fuel and not something to do in order to occupy time.

2. Never eat to the point of being full
There is a difference between being “full†and being “no longer hungryâ€. The trick is to recognize the difference between the two.

3. Go to bed hungry
Your body slows down while you sleep and a lot of food just sits there.

4. Realize that a proper change in diet is a life change
If you’re overweight you have to realize that your eating habits are the reason for being overweight. If you change your diet in order to lose weight and then resume your old diet once you’ve attained your goal weight, you will evetually gain the weight back because your old diet was the culprit. This is what causes many people to feel they failed in their endeavor.

5. Stay away from diet pills
Diet pills can help you lose weight. However, in order to maintain your goal weight, you’ll need to either take the diet pills for the rest of your life or change your diet if you stop taking the diet pills. The companies that make the diet pills are hoping you’ll do the former because this will continue to line their pockets.

Years ago I weighed over 250 pounds and was in danger of having high blood pressure. Adopting this diet caused me to lose most of the weight over the next few months. My weight continued to decline slowly as the new diet became a habit. I found that I had more energy and felt better about myself.

This diet is safe and actually works if you stick with it. It will also help you save money because you won’t be buying so much food.

Yes, It’s difficult at first, all diets are, but stick with it.

Good stuff. Simple, but as one trying to lose weight, I could always use a reminder. I need to keep with these rules. Thanks :)

This is kind of what I have been doing but the other idea is when you do get hungry always try first to grab lighter food especially more nutritional. One could have a piece of pizza, a hot dog without bread and a piece of hamburger and lose weight. But that is not nutritional even if that loses weight.

The best way to lose weight must also include watching what we eat. Fruits and vegetables must be needed to making it a healthy diet than just losing weight alone. I was less than one hundred pounds in Elementary school. But I also had a lot of junk food replacing it from the real food I should have been eating so every day includes the food groups. You can be more healthy at 225 than 175 if one eats choice foods. Often when you think your hungry for a sandwich try to grab salad instead. If you think you want a slice of cake grab some fruit. Keep doing this as often as you can. Sure you will eventfully have that sandwich and that cake. But you took quite a break from eating heavier foods.

I’ve lost about 20 pounds so far what kind of choice food. It’s up to each person. There are so many different kinds of good healthy foods one can choose from. Diets don’t need to be so severe. You keep improving as time goes on. Weigh in once a week. If you did not meet your goal try something new the following week what you want to change. Change will be needed gradually to get the pounds off.

But as the original poster said Diet pills is not the answer. You can’t go back to your original eating patterns. You need to have a system that keeps your weight down. There may be temporary weight gain during the holidays. Switch back to your diet plan you will be ok. Remember to treat yourself when you have lost weight. Have some pizza or a burger king meal. Rewarding makes you feel good about yourself. Rewards here and there won’t put on weight. Your regular eating habits will cause the weight gain. So it becomes a part of our life style. Oh yeah here is a link to check Body mass index. Check height and weight, gender on how much you can handle each day. So men and women’s diets can vary at degrees if dieting and not losing much. Try to talk with doctors for advice. Endocrinologists try to help with more serious issues including reason of weight gain. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

These are all wonderful tips. After being diagnosed with a thyroid problem, I have struggled with the weight gain due to the medicine I take. It is so frustrating! The thyroid affects so many different areas of the body from weight to emotions to energy to digestion.

Hi Charlotte I’m not a medical expert. However my Fiancée also like you has hypothyroidism. The only thing is she has not yet after all these years convinced the doctors of recognizing this problem. So we have done reading online about hypothyroid only because it mostly pertains to her case and health we have been trying to represent.

Often time’s doctors go by test results only. Those test results many times may show up normal but still won’t alarm doctors to believe you have a thyroid problem. They might instead try to treat only one or 2 symptoms. That of course is not the real solution when it is the thyroid gland that has the problem. The best doctors to go to are those who also believe in taking symptoms of this cause into account if tests can’t find any answers. . I guess it appears thyroid disorders can be to some doctors one of those invisible diseases to treat. That’s why there are millions of women not diagnosed correctly suffering still from thyroid function problems. As you said you have a myriad of health problems. The thyroid is like a vital organ that when it goes out of control affects every part of the body in some way or another. But if one has it under more control some of the symptoms may be relived and not so noticeable. .

My Fiancée has the swelling, extremely impossible to lose weight, headaches, sensitive pressure points, pain in the muscle and the joints. She can’t stay on her feet that long of a time. . You may think if you have this information the doctors then would believe? One would probably think so. But they are trained to go about only the way they have been told to treat people. Many doctors want to be right. They don’t want you coming in to prove them wrong. So when they look at the tests see nothing wrong they say maybe you have some Psychological problems. Or maybe you’re not dieting and exercising long enough game. We are working with Medicaid for the time being. So choice of hospitals and doctors has been to a limit. But if this doctor does not work she is going to try to go another doctor and hospital that is to better qualify.

Can I ask if you have been diagnosed by the doctor actually saying you have thyroid disorders? And did they prescribe you any medications, or and supplements and Herbs? I would like to know because maybe you can share why how or how not the doctor of yours got this right or wrong. Do you belong to a good hospital? Are you working with a good doctor on your thyroid disorder case? We got answers about how to treat Hypothyroid, but it’s going to take the doctors to allow these things to be prescribed. I guess you can say it’s like having a skill. But without a job you can’t make money if you’re not hired. . What is your take on the thyroid issue?

Yes, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism nine months ago. The only reason I found out was when I became extremely ill from gallbladder attack. They didn't know that was happening, either, but the blood test showed the thyroid imbalance. I have been prescribed the medicine, Synthroid. Our hospital is not very reliable, and I became very frustrated with them when it took 3 ER visits to finally get a surgeon to say I needed my gallbladder removed. As for my doctor, I go to a community health center to see the doctor. As for my diagnosis, I think it is correct because of all the symptoms that I have. It's VERY frustrating to deal with. I hope you are able find a doctor to help your fiance'. Prayers to you both!!

Good blessings.

where (what thread) can we post the natural simple most often helpful things overthecounter for the thyroid ? and the very very baddest thing too ? (test everything, check it out prayerfully, trusting ABBA the Creator; seek Him in all things!)

Back