Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many Jesus' are there?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Imagican said:
The point of this discussion was to allow those that were UNAWARE to realize and then be able to make efforts to distinguish the ONE from all the 'others'.
And how are they going to be able to do that if you, one who claims to be a Christian, cannot even tell the difference between the Christ of Christianity, the Christ of Mormonism and the Christ of JWs, never mind the many other Christ's out there?

Imagican said:
So, ANY 'religion' that teaches hate or disdain for ALL others besides thiir OWN are 'self-lovers' and have MISSED what Christ offered. For WHAT Christ offered was LOVE for EVERYONE regardless of their 'religion'.
This is misleading, at best. Jesus did say that we are to love everyone as we love ourselves, that is true. But you are implying the postmodern view that to love everyone is to accept their beliefs and let them believe what they want to. But that goes against the entirety of what Scripture states and even the reason why we have Scripture in the first place.

Imagican said:
So, in this respect, IF there ARE Christian Buhdists and these practice the LOVE that Christ offered through His example, I, for one, CANNOT say that they are 'LOST' simply because they do not 'practice' their 'religion' as I do mine.
There is no such belief as "Christian Buddhism". People may claim they are Christian Buddhists, but they are either Christians or they are Buddhists, they cannot be both. Perhaps you missed my previous post so I will repost this:

The whole gospel is built on the premise that everything else is not good news, that everything else is error. This is seen throughout the entire OT and NT. If Christians do not have the ability to judge truth from error, then the entire Bible is meaningless.

Devekut said:
This is where I think you are confused...

1. The Catholic Church does not believe itself to have the authority to condemn anyone to hell. This has been stated officially. It teaches that none are in hell (in the sense that we do not know who is there). It claims only the authority to set apart from the Catholic Communion those who defy its teachings. "Anathema" is to set apart.

IF there ARE Christian Buhdists and these practice the LOVE that Christ offered through His example, I, for one, CANNOT say that they are 'LOST' simply because they do not 'practice' their 'religion' as I do mine

I can only re-assert that I do not believe, nor does the Church teach authoratatively, that non-Catholics or even non-Christians are doomed to hell. By saying a person does not fit the criteria of Christian is not my judgement of their soul....it is my judgment of their label.

Wow, and I thought that the Pope WAS able to 'ex-comminicate' individuals that He deems are UNFIT for Salvation. If this is NOT true then please forgive my ignorance. And EXACTLY WHEN did the Catholic Church CHANGE thier views of 'who IT and who ISN'T Saved'. For throughout history they have NOTORIOUSLY opposed ANY and ALL religions EXCEPT their OWN as being heretical and blasphemous. When did this 'change' take place?

MEC

Back