Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How much time elapsed?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ardchoille

I would like to hear the thoughts of others regarding how much time elapsed between the events of Genesis 1:1 and those in Genesis 1:2.

I would like to hear the thoughts of others regarding how much time elapsed between the events of Genesis 1:1 and those in Genesis 1:2.

I believe they happened at the same time. Gen. 1:1 tells what God did and Gen. 1:2 is the beginning of the description of how He did it.
The TOG

Hello Ardchiolle! My views about young v old have been changing a lot since joining this forum. I think the universe is old since stars are so far away and the time involved, but I also believe in a young Earth (less than 100,000) because of the carbon dating. I believe there were millions of years between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. It seems to make sense, but I'm no expert. The only issue I've found with this is some point out the sentence structure doesn't support that idea. I am not an authority and am open to learning as much as I can in this area so if anyone knows more I'm all ears. I also think a lot of time passed while Adam was in the garden of eden. Although, I believe he left the garden less than 10,000 years ago.

I believe it was at the same time.. But one thing I am always puzzled is, how do we measure time in this instance. We measure time by calculating the speed of light. But here we are not talking about stars or anything.. All we have is Heaven (everlasting) and formless earth. So what is the measure of time? How do we calculate time until the creation of stars?

Back