Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Painful Was The Good News ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

follower

Acts 2:36 (CJB)
36 Therefore, let the whole house of Isra’el know beyond doubt that God has made him both Lord and Messiah — this Yeshua, whom you executed on a stake!
37 On hearing this, they were stung in their hearts; and they said to Kefa and the other emissaries, “Brothers, what should we do?” 38 Kefa answered them,Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh! 39 For the promise is for you, for your children, and for those far away — as many as Adonai our God may call!

Uh.................... The Good News has never been that Jesus was murdered.

who said murdered ? https://www.biblegateway.com:443/devotionals/spurgeon-365-1/2014/02/11
https://www.biblegateway.com:443/devotionals/spurgeon-365-1/2014/02/11
Christ crucified (2/11/2014) - Spurgeon at the New Park ...

Christ crucified “But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and ...

Matthew 27:32-56 NIV - The Crucifixion of Jesus - As they ...
Matthew 27:32-56 New International Version (NIV) The Crucifixion of Jesus. 32 As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to ..

1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NIV - Christ Crucified Is God’s Power ...
1 Corinthians 1:18-25 New International Version (NIV) Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom. 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are ...

Christ crucified (2/11/2013) - Spurgeon at the New Park ...
All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices.

Galatians 2:20 NIV - I have been crucified with Christ and I ...
Galatians 2:20 New International Version (NIV) 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I ...

who said murdered ?
Christ crucified (2/11/2014) - Spurgeon at the New Park ...

Christ crucified “But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and ...

Matthew 27:32-56 NIV - The Crucifixion of Jesus - As they ...
Matthew 27:32-56 New International Version (NIV) The Crucifixion of Jesus. 32 As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to ..

1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NIV - Christ Crucified Is God’s Power ...
1 Corinthians 1:18-25 New International Version (NIV) Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom. 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are ...

Christ crucified (2/11/2013) - Spurgeon at the New Park ...
All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices.

Galatians 2:20 NIV - I have been crucified with Christ and I ...
Galatians 2:20 New International Version (NIV) 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I ...
Sorry............
this Yeshua, whom you executed on a stake!
..... has a tendency to sound like "murder".

Jesus is our kinsmen redeemer that as he suffered we also suffer for His sake that in the end we will also be glorified together. Pain is only temporal, but by His stripes we are healed physically and Spiritually.

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

I've never understood why so many people think they are somehow doing something meritorious, or glorifying God, by moping around looking all sorrowful and claiming suffering. Can you name one person who Jesus healed that was not overjoyed, thrilled, and maybe even singing or shouting His praises?

Yep, I can hear it now, "Go into all the world, looking miserable, and tell people they can be this way, too."

Paul rejoiced in his sufferings, not that he enjoyed pain and suffering, but that his joy was found in the meaning of his suffering. The sufferings many see us go through can be a benefit to others as a witness of Christ atonement, but yet we rejoice as it is our duty and honor to suffer with Christ. What light of Christ would be shining through us if others only see us moping and looking all sorrowful claiming our own suffering.

Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Paul rejoiced in his sufferings, not that he enjoyed pain and suffering, but that his joy was found in the meaning of his suffering. The sufferings many see us go through can be a benefit to others as a witness of Christ atonement, but yet we rejoice as it is our duty and honor to suffer with Christ. What light of Christ would be shining through us if others only see us moping and looking all sorrowful claiming our own suffering.

Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Exactly! What light ARE the people who insist that Christianity has to be a life of suffering shinning for the world? Do you know that there are "Christians" who would consider 4-wheeling (you), and skiing (me), or scuba diving (a friend), or surfing, (my doctor), to be sinful indulgences because they make us smile and we love to do them............. and they preach this foolishness to people they meet.

Just because man says so does not make a thing wrong. Many thoughts of men are foolishness to God as they deem themselves religious.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Just because man says so does not make a thing wrong. Many thoughts of men are foolishness to God as they deem themselves religious.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
No, but it DOES make it what the seeker on the street hears coming out of the mouth of one claiming to be a representative of this religion he is telling them about.

who said murdered?
Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Joh_8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back