Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to Deal With Being Single

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Don't worry about having "high expectations"...you're not choosing peanut butter here. Your seeking a life's mate...and what you want for a mate is what you want...don't "settle" for less.

20 years old, and one abusive relationship? There's no need to feel resigned to any kind of life, single or married, at this point. You're still quite young.

Learn from the abusive relationship...learn what to never tolerate in the future. And, if it's your heart's desire to be married, trust that it will happen. Might take awhile, but it will happen.

Meanwhile, there are advantages to being single...embrace them. It also sucks at times...and realizing that can help keep you from going crazy when it is really lonely.

There are quite literally no single girls between 18 and 26 at my church (well, that's not quite true, there is 1, but trust me, not even an option).

Im 51 and had the same situation. I finally woke up, left my church (on good terms, everyone understands) and am now in a BIG church with an active singles group.

I think it's time for you to move on.... but two things:

1) You are only 20 - I've been single for 25 years!
2) I once read, "Do what you love, and someone will come along". This is very good advice, go about your business and life, become active in the hobbies and past times that you enjoy, and go to work in your chosen field - and she will come along! (In other words, BECOME A COMPLETE and WELL ROUNDED person -that will attract her faster than you just "being in the right place at the right time".)

Hi Franny, I have some questions for you. I just want to hear some of the answers to my questions from a person who has been single never married for that long and what seems like to me, has the desire to be married, but never came across him.

1. Have you always been the person who has desired marriage but just never came across that special someone?

2. How many times have you tried dating to see if you are compatible for marriage? Did you meet alot of people and they all just never worked out or did you hardly ever meet anybody?

3. What type of standards do you have....can you list some critical ones or desired ones?

4. Were you always looking for someone or did you ever just stop and give it into the Lords hands?

5. Did you pray to the Lord about finding somebody? And how is your walk with God?

I suppose I am just looking for some feedback on how other singles, especially for those who have been single unmarried for a long time on how they felt or what they went through and if they felt like they were always lacking somebody being single or not.

I would like to participate in your questions, as i am single, im 28 and have never really been in a serious relationship, ivebeen in long relationships, but none were ever serious.

1.Yes i am and have been, i care more about being a husband and a father tha i do about what proffesion i would be, it was always more important to me.

2.I've dated quite abit, but i am also very picky sort of speak, I have rarely ever met anyone with the qualities of who they are as a woman that interest me.

3.Honest, loyalty, courage, humbleness, caring, a hint of desire to be a mother to possible children. Physically good shape, (care about thier body) someone who enjoys laughing and isnt ashamed of who they are, one who makes things happen and doesnt just wait for them to happen.
Thats a few i suppose.

4.Always, as stated earlier, being a husband was/is always one of my greatest desires.

5.Yes, I prayed and know that Gods will be done, when He chooses that my time comes to meet her, it shall be done.
I am a sinner purchased in the blood of the Lamb, looking to and for the coming of my Lord for the purchased possesion I will recieve through the promise of the gaurentee in the Holy Spirit recieved through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ in promise as poured out upon His.

The hard part for me at least brethren, is that I am a man in a corruptible body in which it is better that I marry than to burn with lust, i do not desire to burn with lust, nor be tempted towards doing so, I desire that chain to be taken as far away from me as possible and it shall be done according to His will.

When i meet her, I meet her and my fight to have faith in God for such things is part of my walk, to trust in Him in all things and not push my man over His Spirit.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back