Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to know God`s will

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Esther1

How to know if God has somebody for you to marry? I understand that this question perhaps should have individual approach, but nevertheless, how to know that there is God`s will for a person to be married or not to be married.

I Corinthians 7:9
but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Well we are given the Holy Ghost as beleivers to teach us all truth and to call us according to Gods purposes and to lead us in all things and to give us gifts according to His working.

So we each have to individually seek the Lord for His will for us about that. I agree it is better to marry than to burn. If that is an issue for a person and they cannot be unmarried without living in sins then they should marry. But If a person can resist sin whether married or unmarried then they should seek the Lord on what they should do.

I personally, if I was not already married, would ask the Lord to reveal to me his purposes for my life to serve him, and I would ask him if He desires me married to deliver me to the man He has made me to marry and show us both that this is His will. i would not go out trying to date or meet men but trust the Lord to do it according to His will and purposes.

If he desired me not to be married I would ask Him to reveal that to me and settle it happily in my heart and show me how to serve him in singleness.

- Tribulation is not far away, many will want to be married if they were not so that they are not alone, and others will be glad they are alone and dont have to try to deal with a spouse or family during these things. but some who married in a rush may have trouble because when trials come as it goes on their marriage will be put to the test like never before.

In my experience, when I ask God to reveal His will about something to me, he usually either opens or closes doors.

Sometimes, He will allow me to force open a door that has been closed, and whenever I take that route, I regret it.

I don't know if that is pertinent to you, but I hope it helps.

Maybe somebody knows christian literature on this subjuct (preferably of well-tried authers). Books you have read and they helped you in some way.

Thank you.

Back