Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to write an awfull worship song...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
handy said:
Sorry Dora, I just saw this after airintriana bumped it up. :yes

I liked this comment:

Be Vague About Your Theology

Make sure to avoid any theology at all costs. Don’t talk about atonement, wrath, or any other biblical concepts. You want your song to be all about feeling. Don’t let the mind get in the way. Repeat after me: “Worship is a warm feeling, sort of like heartburn, only better.â€

A BIG pet peeve of mine when it comes to some of these "new" praise and worship songs.

Give me How Great Thou Art, The Old Rugged Cross or It is Well any time! :amen

This comment someone made says it all...

Repetition! Sing the same seven words at least eleven times- or at least until people get emotional.

Ever get the feeling you're on a merry-go-round and you can't get off, and everyone else seems to be thrilled by the inertia? :rolleyes2

Back