Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Howdy!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Thas

I'm new and I would like to think I'm an eccentric character! I've decided to join these forums because I have been a "Christian" for about 4 years and I am 17 years old. I put Christian in quotation because I still don't think I have fully grasped who Jesus is. I need help I have a sense of longing for more. I have been through a really challenging year with God and I know that most of the time I haven't dealt with it in the best way. The best thing to say is at the moment I'm a bit of a mess. I'm hoping 2012 will change all that. And I want to come back to God to "see the light again" if you will. It's been a difficult day just today and Ive just got to the point where I discover I need Jesus I've tried pushing him away for the majority of 2011 and its not good. I need him but my laziness gets in the way of all that. I thought maybe I'll try the World Wide Web to contact other Christians and hopefully get support and prayer. I'll be sure to see you guys around.

Welcome to the forum:waving Good to have you here. You'll enjoy it! If you haven't done it yet, shoot a PM off to Nick or Mike, and get hooked up in the teens forum.

God bless, Westtexas

Welcome!

I think it's great that you have a desire to seek Jesus. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek after Him. In 2012, I pray that you come into Christ and know who He is and the Love, Joy and Peace that He has for you!

Continue to seek Him first and all these things will be added unto you!

God bless you,

Jarrod

The best thing to say is at the moment I'm a bit of a mess. I'm hoping 2012 will change all that. And I want to come back to God to "see the light again" if you will. It's been a difficult day just today and Ive just got to the point where I discover I need Jesus I've tried pushing him away for the majority of 2011 and its not good. I need him but my laziness gets in the way of all that.

Hi Thas,

Welcome to the site. You stated you were in a bit of a mess. I think you'll find yourself saying that for a long time. I don't know anyone who's not in a big mess. It is significant you recognize your need for Jesus. Also, it is very healthy to see your faults, frailties, sins. When you get to those places when you feel down because of what you've done or not done, you may even feel condemned. But realize you were condemned from the start. John 3:17 states that Jesus didn't come here to condemn us, but to save us. Our condemnation is the grounds for our need for salvation. So, when you are down and out, overcome by your sins, then that's the time to look up at the cross. Do you see Jesus suffering, bleeding, gasping for air, praying, 'God forgive them?' He loves you and His death on the cross is proof, because He paid for your sins. Trust in that, then know you are forgiven backed by His promise.

- Davies

Back