Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How's your weather today, where you live?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This is the thread that never ends... Sunny, 50's. Finished the greenhouse and most of my trees are inside...

It's somewhere inbetween maritime (or oceanic? what's the right word?) and continental. The northern part being close to the North Sea and the Atlantic has maritime climate, while the east and south east is more on the continental end. This place is in the middle between them but if I'd have to pick a side I'd say we are rather continental.

It's somewhere inbetween maritime (or oceanic? what's the right word?) and continental. The northern part being close to the North Sea and the Atlantic has maritime climate, while the east and south east is more on the continental end. This place is in the middle between them but if I'd have to pick a side I'd say we are rather continental.

Claudya:

Thueringen is kind of too far from the Elbe estuary to benefit from sea breezes, right? :)

Thueringen is kind of too far from the Elbe estuary to benefit from sea breezes, right?

Aye, way too far. The Elbe is like 200km from here, and the Elbe estuary part of the coast is more than 500km away. And there'S mountains between us and the sea. So no sea breeze here. :sad

Aye, way too far. The Elbe is like 200km from here, and the Elbe estuary part of the coast is more than 500km away. And there'S mountains between us and the sea. So no sea breeze here. :sad

Claudya:

I thought not...

(But we, for example, are not far from the Great Lakes...people talk about the Lake Effect, on the weather, especially snow...)

Freezing, but this is the south and our weather is quite wacky, so I'm sure it's gonna be borderline burning up the approaching weeks before we actually get into winter :biggrin

They have a big effect on the precipitation; often there is a lot of snow dumped on areas near the Lakes. Upstate New York gets a lot, for example.

I lived in Buffalo NY at the end of Lake Erie for several years, went to university there and started my family there. I liked the city and the people, but the weather could be nasty. In the early winter, when the lake had not yet frozen over, the winds would pick up a lot of moisture over the lake and dump it as snow around Buffalo, hundreds of inches of it every year. Sometime in January the lake froze over and there wasn't as much lake-effect snow, but the winds coming off that ice was brutal, they were fierce and deadly cold.

Dull and cold here. MarkG, did you guys steal our good weather and give us your bad English weather instead?

Back