Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Human Cloning

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Would a cloned human have a soul or would they just be an empty vessel?
Hello calvin here,
I can not answer...of course.
A concern I have though is that if a cloned human body was to be just an empty vessel, then I can understand that there would be no shortage of demons wanting first occupancy.
I hope they never clone a viable human body.

No matter if a person is born naturally, or in vitro fertilization it's not questioned if they have a soul. I see no reason to think otherwise towards potiential clones. On that matter though, I also think that aborted babies have souls and that it is a sick crime in our society to have mass abortion for the sake of having casual sex. If we got to the point of cloning humans for having kids, I assume it would be more expensive then in vitro fertilization, and would be mostly only used by those who who've tried everything else without success and can afford it.

Unlike in vitro fertilization, it's been suggestedeasrly in the clone debates that cloned organs could help medical emergencies. If human clones were used in such a way, and justified because they weren't considered alive, human, or having a soul, then the cloning industry would be just as bad as (possibly worse even) then the abortion industry.

Since then though, I think other attempts of growing organs without cloning have been made. From stem cell reasurch, to inserting human DNA in an animal fetus to grow to a certian age and then use the animal for the organ(s) in question. In my opinion both other option sound horrific, but no worse then other medical advances that have saved lives, so I don't know. I think with those advancements though, human cloning wouldn't become a viable resource.

I'd say they have a soul, just as surely as any of us created the old fashioned way have souls. I don't see why God would punish a science experiment for their very existence. Society probably would/will, but not God.

Because they didn't come from God, they would have no soul.

Of all things made, from the forces of nature like the wind and the sea that Jesus rebuked, to the pottery in a craft men's shop, to men and women born from their parents; I would argue that nothing can make the claim that God is not it's creator.

That said. To what has a soul, only God can know that. Either way God is it's maker in my opinion.

They are not able to really do this yet. There have been a few claims that they have been successful...But proof is not available.

What is being ready for clinical trials is gene manipulation to cure/change various things. But it's being met with heavy opposition and debate.

I really would think this is a question for God to answer. Although, I would imagine it would be evident once the new clones are "born" if they have the ability to sin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back