Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Humble?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

TOG

One of the things I saw on my trip to Gibraltar was the Trafalgar Cemetery, where many who died in the famous naval battle are buried. This is the first tombstone you see when you enter the cemetery.

View attachment 4336

The inscription reads:

To the memory of
Captain THOMAS NORMAN
of the Royal Marine Corps
& late of His Majestsys Ship MARS,
who died in the Naval Hospital
of this Place
on the 6th. Day of December, 1805.
in the 36th. Year of his Age
after having suffered several Weeks
with incredible Patience & Fortitude
receivd in the great & memorable Seafight
off TRAFALGAR.
His Brother Officers on this Station
have consecrated this humble, but sincere
Testemony of their Sense of his
distingueshed Merit and of their Regret
for his premature Fate​

Aside from what is written on the tombstone, I have no idea who Thomas Norman was. I'm sure he deserved the honor his brothers in arms showed him, but I still can't believe they consider this a "humble" tombstone.

The TOG​

Very interesting! Where is Gibraltar?

When I first went to book this flight, the lady from the travel agency asked the same question. It's at the southern tip of Spain, right where Africa and Europe are closest to each other. It's about 15 miles / 24 km from the coast of Morocco.

gibrltar.gif

As you can see on the map, Gibraltar is labeled "UK". But don't try to tell a Gibralteran that he lives in a colony. It's a "British oversees territory". There was a referendum in 1967 about whether Gibraltar should remain British or become part of Spain. Here are the results:

Remain British: 12,138
Become part of Spain: 44
Source

The TOG​

Welcome back fom your vacation, TOG!

Hope you enjoyed yourself! Have some more interesting pics and stories to share?

Yes, I have more to share. I took a total of 880 pictures over 8 days. That's an average of 110 pictures a day. I'm going trough them to pick the best ones to post.

The TOG​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back