Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Humbling yourself before your wife

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Humbling yourself before your wife

Should Could Would?
Should a man really humble himself before the wife and say, I'm sorry, for whatever thing he did wrong? Not just mere articulation! Should he also kneel before her or fall prostrate, with a fountain of tears rolling down his face, his whole body trembling like a leaf hanging down the branch of a tree, and his lips twitching in tongues?

What kind of man does that? One who has had a thousand cases of infidelity?

On the other hand it seems it is easier for an innocent man to say, i'm sorry than for a guilty wife to admit her guilt

Hahaha, I doubt that I will ever prostrate before my wife! But I have learned to humble myself when I can. It's often better to be happy than it is to be right.

Granted I'm not married, never even dated, and have experienced a grand total of one crush in my life so far. But I can tell you I wouldn't want a guy to have to get down on his hands and knees and beg for forgiveness from me. Wanting a guy to do that seems pretty arrogant and meanspirited. Just a simple "I'm sorry, I'll try to be sensitive towards your feelings" would say volumes, really. I don't think girls want to humiliate guys, they just want guys to make an effort to understand where they're coming from.

Though, really, don't all humans want to be understood and respected as individuals, not just girls? So maybe girls are more emotional--the differences between our bodies and hormonal doses does make for some differences. But we're not that different, really. All in all.

lol If I were married, screw roses. Romance me with anime merch. ...I'm kidding. But seriously, flowers are overrated. I'm just speaking for myself in this instance, tho.

And bring your wife little "just because" gifts once in awhile. I think it's in the Bible, Song of Happy Husband 9:11 "A little gift here and there covers a multitude of sins."

I guess what counts really is just something that says "I was thinking of you and wanted to do something nice for you" that makes it count. For some, it's flowers. For me it'd be...food probably. lol

Love is never having to say you're sorry so as long as you don't say it with chocolate and flowers, you should be fine.

And always remember, If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, so don't say you're sorry, and don't say it often.

Just like when a man kneels down to his girlfriend on one knee and says "will you marry me". Bowing down to his lust.

No wonder most end up in divorce. Its a curse. They just let Eve decieve them a second time. Stuck in a double ball and chain.

Last edited:
Sincere apology is always better than drama performance, and that goes both ways: both husband and wife should seek reconciliation (if possible).

Husband and wife should be humble together for each other. As we are to be humble before the Lord.

By the way, every girl is different. So the most thoughtful thing a man can do is listen to her and pay attention. How else are you going to be able to please. It's like trying to please God and not reading The Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back