Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Hummingbirds 101

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rockytopva

Time to put up hummingbird feeders and to put a little research into the bird...

1. A hummingbird's heart beats up to 1,260 times a minute
2. Hummingbirds have excellent memories and can come back to the same feeders every year
3. Male hummingbirds can travel more than 1,000 miles without taking a single break.
4. Have the intelligence to build nice nests
5. Having only brains about the size of a grain of rice,

I am getting my hummingbird feeders ready now! Believing these little creatures were designed by the creative power of God!

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? - Luke 12:24

Hummingbirds arrived at my place mid-April. I have already filled my feeder twice and am hoping for better pictures...

438848515_10230683665858356_2807630338311651518_n.jpg

Should be putting our feeders out this week. Usually don't expect them until mid May here but this year I figured I'd start a little earlier just in case.

Remember, it is good practice to refresh the nectar about every three or four days, especially if the feeder is full sun exposed or during hotter times of the summer. Watch for black mold to form and sterilize the feeder if you see it. It can be deadly for the birds.

Should be putting our feeders out this week. Usually don't expect them until mid May here but this year I figured I'd start a little earlier just in case.

Remember, it is good practice to refresh the nectar about every three or four days, especially if the feeder is full sun exposed or during hotter times of the summer. Watch for black mold to form and sterilize the feeder if you see it. It can be deadly for the birds.

My feeders are very quick to change and to clean. They also have little moats to keep the ants away...

Back