Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Hunger for The Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't have it. I did Teen Challenge a while back, which was great, but now I associate Bible study with...well...the equivalent of a minimum security, Christian work camp. Not their fault, of course, and I benefited from the program, but...still.

Please pray that I'll hunger for The Word.

Dear brother in Christ, as children we are dealt with as such. The source of need will be applied as you able to benefit from it. For instance, we read in Rom 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience. Are you ready? My experience has taught me to be anxious for nothing; God's timing is always right for my life.

Are you growing? I have seen it in you. I have seen you finally lay down the banners of your past life, and as with the Lord hopefully never to be remembered again. Are you ready for God's continued work in you? He isn't finished with you yet and with the test will come the hunger to find comfort, and that is always found in His words of grace, I remain in prayer for you.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

You may think you're not hungry for learning more about our Lord, but you actually are very hungry. Why not pick up your Bible and start reading Matthew, or (one of my favorites) Ecclesiastes? Psalms would be another lovely area to read.

Not sure where to begin? Why not pray that our Lord shows you where He would like for you to be reading. Simply hold the Bible upright by the spine, and pray our Lord shows you where to begin. Let Him open to the page to start...and then commence the reading. When I do that, it's never failed that I've learned quickly what our Lord wanted for me to read.

Have fun with fueling your hunger, my friend!

I, too, have seen you grow. Even your posts show maturity and sincerity and you have a great testimony.

Just set up a time every day to be with God. You can even study sentence by sentence.

Good luck!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back