Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am a Catholic, why should I consider becoming a Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Atonement said:
My friend.. Where I go to Church, if you don't have a Bible someone loans you theres.. This is true fellowship with believers. I myself have given up my Bible to someone for a service because they did not have one.. A Church NEEDS to speak ONLY from the BIBLE. This does not just mean Catholics, I mean EVERYONE.. Mormon, JW, Baptist, non-denom etc. Or leave that Church...
Very true.

I'd also like to add at my church (and many other bible believing churches) I know there are bibles under the seats if anyone needs it.

thessalonian said:
Oh you came up with the word sleep in the bible and used it to insult me. How nice you are.
You know, thess...you talk about how much Solo insults you by his comments but you don't look at your own when you call him prejudice, insane and calling his finger stupid! :-?

sisterchristian said:
Why not? don't tell me that you actually got saved from a tract! You need to get out and bring Jesus to this dying world, Seriously!
I wouldn't dismiss tracts that easily. A very good friend of mine got saved by a tract that a man gave him at a shopping mall. Tracts are still good witnessing tools.

However, I do think there are many ways to spread the Word, that is by using your lips.

Solo said:
You do not have to take a Bible with you when you attend the Roman Catholic cult; they do all the interpretation and thinking for the laity anyway. Don't trouble yourself over it. The Bible has not helped you see the lies of Romanism at home, so I doubt that it will help you see the lies if you carry it with you 7X24. Let me know if I am wrong and explain how you have been born again apart from the Roman Catholic cult.
I'm not surprised Thess fell asleep during this post you wrote. It goes to show what a slumber s/he is in.

I never read the bible in church or at home when I was Catholic. I never saw my parents read it in or out of church. I never saw another churchgoer reading it during mass. This is all about control.
When I got saved and went to a bible believing church, almost everyone had a bible in their hand. I didn't have one but got my first one as a gift about a month after I got saved (from the man who witnessed to me). I thought it was great that everyone was reading along to VERIFY what was being read. Even though, it felt foreign to me. Now it's just natural to take my bible to church - and a notepad I might add. There have been times I would forget it at home and when I got to church, I felt like a fish without water. <><

RobertMazar said:
Because I am uncomfortable engaging in interpersonal communication face to face. And what difference does it make if the Gospel Of Christ is spread verbally or by the written word? :smt102
Are you afraid or shy or something? I can understand this because I am actually a very shy person although you may not see that in light of my posts. However Jesus has help me overcome my shyness and now I speak about Him with anyone who has ears that will listen!
Witnessing is not about me. It's about Him...and it's about the lost.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

See there, it's Biblical to study on our own to figure out the truth. My Pastor encourages us to take copious notes and then spend the next week proving him.

Justmee said:
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

See there, it's Biblical to study on our own to figure out the truth. My Pastor encourages us to take copious notes and then spend the next week proving him.

I don't know of ANYONE who is saying we shouldn't study the Bible.

ThreeInOne said:
Are you afraid or shy or something? I can understand this because I am actually a very shy person although you may not see that in light of my posts. However Jesus has help me overcome my shyness and now I speak about Him with anyone who has ears that will listen!
Witnessing is not about me. It's about Him...and it's about the lost.
I am shy and that is why I am uncomfortable engaging in interpersonal communication face to face. I am not shy on discussion forums. What difference does it make if spreading the Gospel Of Christ is done on discussion forums or by distributing Gospel Tracts? :morning:

RobertMazar said:
I am shy and that is why I am uncomfortable engaging in interpersonal communication face to face. I am not shy on discussion forums. What difference does it make if spreading the Gospel Of Christ is done on discussion forums or by distributing Gospel Tracts? :morning:

If the Lord has blessed you with a ministry to pass out Gospel Tracts, then I say follow the Lord's leading. While I personally do not believe Tracts are the most effective method - if God is blessing it - then it will be fruitful for you.

However, if it is just because you do not feel comfortable with interpersonal communication - then I believe that should be a prayer point for you and others on this forum so that God may give you the strength and the ability for interpersonall communication.

Here is a link to a woderful ministry: http://www.pocketpower.org/

It was started by a teenage girl who was shy :biggrin

Back