Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am a Catholic, why should I consider becoming a Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Where does it say in the Bible to take your bible to church? If it says it than the early church would have been obligated to. If it doesn't say it, it is something you are imposing on me and wagging your finger at me about that is not spoken of in scripture. By what authority do you do such a thing? Not scripture apparently. Yet tommorrow you will say to me "where is that found in the bible"?

And don't distort what I say. I am highly in favor of studying scripture and do so daily. I also go to bible studies.

thessalonian said:
As I said before the scriptures are read in Church out of books that are quite readily available to the people. Laity even read them as I have. We can bring a bible but it is truly not neccessary. The scrirputres in fact emphasize "hearing the word of God" and that is what the Catholic Church emphasizes. But they also highly encourage reading the word of God as a matter of fact. They also encourage Bible study as a matter of fact. You ask a question that you do not understand the context of.
Something that my pastor always says is that If you go into a church and you don't see the Bible being used there by anyone, especially the Pastor.... turn around and walk out! :o

thessalonian said:
Solo said:
The written Word of God takes a lower priority among Roman Catholics as they have been taught that the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, etc. know better than the laity in matters of the Word of God, therefore, the laity depends on others for their spiritual food even though most of them have not been born again and do not have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach them.

continue to disort the truth.

Feed your pride and that of others.
What does disort mean?

I have been meaning to ask you what your thoughts are on the truth of the written Word of God, and if you are able to interpret it without the help of the pope? If so, How? If not, why not?

sisterchristian said:
Something that my pastor always says is that If you go into a church and you don't see the Bible being used there by anyone, especially the Pastor.... turn around and walk out! :o

AGAIN where does it say I have to bring a bible to Church in the Bible. Again why do the scriptures have to be written in a bound book called the Bible? They were not when the Apostles put them out? We have the scripture in what is called "the book of the Gospels" and the Lectionary. These are read to the people and they match what is in Bibles. So I see no problem. The scriptures are in fact in the Catholic Church.

thessalonian said:
AGAIN where does it say I have to bring a bible to Church in the Bible. Again why do the scriptures have to be written in a bound book called the Bible? They were not when the Apostles put them out? We have the scripture in what is called "the book of the Gospels" and the Lectionary. These are read to the people and they match what is in Bibles. So I see no problem. The scriptures are in fact in the Catholic Church.

Thess. One will not find that Scripture in the Bible about bringing your Bible with you to Church.

But can you find Scripture that say's a Pastor should not teach from the Bible?

Solo said:
What does disort mean?

The word is distort of course. typo problem. But you of course like to point the stupid finger at me.

I have been meaning to ask you what your thoughts are on the truth of the written Word of God, and if you are able to interpret it without the help of the pope? If so, How? If not, why not?

You know the answer to these things. Well wait maybe your prejudice blinds you. Your posts are condescending and arrogant and downright rude. Of course we beleive that the bible is the written word of God! You have no guidance in your interpretation but your own understanding. You are foolish in this regard that you think you are the best at interpreting scripture and do not need to be fed by the Church. Jesus told peter and those whom he passed his authority along to "feed my sheep". You are fed by your own understandings. One cannot help but interpret scripture when one reads it. i don't have a papal commentary on every passage, but one needs guidance in FACT with regard to the scirptures. You lack it. You are at the whim of your own distortions and lead others astray for base gain.

Atonement said:
Thess. One will not find that Scripture in the Bible about bringing your Bible with you to Church.

'
Keith I truly wonder if you are following the discussion? The context of my posts is what sisterc has said to me and you ignore that context and insert some ignorance on my part. (note i didn't call anyone ignorant but myself, that should be okay). Where have I said a pastor should not teach from the Bible? Do you read sisterc's posts. My comments are directed at her and her insisting that everyone bring a bible to church. It is not I that insists all the time "where is that in the bible" "such and such is not in the bible so you can't do it". Shall I post a hundred examples on this board? Sometimes I feel like you are thinking and objective and then others you make posts like this that put you in with the rest of the solo's and sisterc's.

thessalonian said:
The scriptures are in fact in the Catholic Church.
The scribes and Pharisees had the books of Moses, the Prophets, the Writings of Wisdom; yet according to Jesus Christ, they were on there way to hell and making proselytes twice the child of hell than themselves. The Roman Catholic cult is doing exactly the same thing!
  • But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." Matthew 23:13-15

Solo, I believe you to be insane. Just an observation. Your vitrol is not that of a normal person but one who looks for black helecopters over head. Your prejudice is equal to none I have met on the internet. It is truly sad. You simply don't know what you are talking about but your personal pride won't let you admit it. I do hope that the Lord has mercy on your darken soul.

I believe the argument is that if one should bring a actual physical Bible or if one can read the same readings from a lmissal. Either way people are still being taught from the Bible and it is necessary. It is perfectly fine for a Catholic to bring his Bible to Mass and follow along, even though he could use the missal, and I am sure if a Protestant went to a service and he didnt have a Bible with him he could say print them up before he went and get the same thing out of the service as everybody else.

But I don't believe anybody means that you are not studying the Bible whether you go to a Catholic Mass or a Protestant Service.

thessalonian said:
Solo, I believe you to be insane. Just an observation. Your vitrol is not that of a normal person but one who looks for black helecopters over head. Your prejudice is equal to none I have met on the internet. It is truly sad. You simply don't know what you are talking about but your personal pride won't let you admit it. I do hope that the Lord has mercy on your darken soul.

Here we go with the ad homien attacks...Consider this a formal warning...for attacks against the staff

aj830 said:
I believe the argument is that if one should bring a actual physical Bible or if one can read the same readings from a lmissal. Either way people are still being taught from the Bible and it is necessary. It is perfectly fine for a Catholic to bring his Bible to Mass and follow along, even though he could use the missal, and I am sure if a Protestant went to a service and he didnt have a Bible with him he could say print them up before he went and get the same thing out of the service as everybody else.

But I don't believe anybody means that you are not studying the Bible whether you go to a Catholic Mass or a Protestant Service.

My friend.. Where I go to Church, if you don't have a Bible someone loans you theres.. This is true fellowship with believers. I myself have given up my Bible to someone for a service because they did not have one.. A Church NEEDS to speak ONLY from the BIBLE. This does not just mean Catholics, I mean EVERYONE.. Mormon, JW, Baptist, non-denom etc. Or leave that Church...

thessalonian said:
'
Keith I truly wonder if you are following the discussion? The context of my posts is what sisterc has said to me and you ignore that context and insert some ignorance on my part. (note i didn't call anyone ignorant but myself, that should be okay). Where have I said a pastor should not teach from the Bible? Do you read sisterc's posts. My comments are directed at her and her insisting that everyone bring a bible to church. It is not I that insists all the time "where is that in the bible" "such and such is not in the bible so you can't do it". Shall I post a hundred examples on this board? Sometimes I feel like you are thinking and objective and then others you make posts like this that put you in with the rest of the solo's and sisterc's.

Forgive me for over-looking your vital concerns..

In His Love

Atonement said:
Forgive me for over-looking your vital concerns..

In His Love

Was that spoken in sarcasm? Seems like it was to me. So much for in his love. The Catholc Church has NO PROBLEM WITH THE BIBLE. That is what the Mass is ALL ABOUT IN FACT!

You ask a question of me as if I somehow have said something in that regard. NOWHERE DID I SAY THE SCRIPTURES WERE EXPENDABLE DURING SERVICES!

My friend.. Where I go to Church, if you don't have a Bible someone loans you theres.. This is true fellowship with believers. I myself have given up my Bible to someone for a service because they did not have one.. A Church NEEDS to speak ONLY from the BIBLE. This does not just mean Catholics, I mean EVERYONE.. Mormon, JW, Baptist, non-denom etc. Or leave that Church...

I understand this I was just setting a hypothetical. And the Catholic Church does read from the Bible. Here is the readings for Sunday:

Gn 18:1-10
Ps 15:2-5
Col 1:24-28
Lk 10:38-42

These are from the Holy Bible. Now they are in a missal but they are directly printed from the Bible.

Now maybe I am misunderstanding you, but if a Church just read from the Bible for an hour or so I could do that at home. I believe what you mean is that everything must be from the Bible or in accordance with the Bible, because even in your Church I am sure the Pastor offers commentary on the passages you read. We do not only read the Bible but we must also pray, study, and meditate on the Scriptures and be taught about them. I believe what you are saying is if the Pastor isn't teaching in accordance with Scripture you should leave, correct? If I am misinterpreting you please tell me.

No that was not sarcasm, nor will I have you accuse me of such.

I'm glad your Church has no problem with the Bible. I know if I went to a Church and the Pastor did not preach from it. After the service I would walk right up and question him on it... But you and I are nothing alike, I don't take Bible-less Church's from Pastors, Popes or who-ever, I'll tell it how it is, and speak my mind to them as one ought..

Do you go up and tell your "father" why he does not preach from the Bible every week?? I would..

Do you go up and tell your "father" why he does not preach from the Bible every week?? I would..

They in fact do.

No that was not sarcasm, nor will I have you accuse me of such.

IF it was not then I apologize.

thessalonian said:
Was that spoken in sarcasm? Seems like it was to me. So much for in his love. The Catholc Church has NO PROBLEM WITH THE BIBLE. That is what the Mass is ALL ABOUT IN FACT!

You ask a question of me as if I somehow have said something in that regard. NOWHERE DID I SAY THE SCRIPTURES WERE EXPENDABLE DURING SERVICES!
Hey Thess, Maybe you need to take a deep breath before you bust a vain or something! seriously!

ThreeInOne said:
Robert, you keep repeating yourself but you didn't address even half of what I wrote!
I never said ANYTHING was wrong with witnessing on forums. Let me ask you this, if you didn't have access to a computer or lets say when computers didn't exist, (or at least the internet) how did people spread God's Word? How would you be spreading God's Word?

Did you even READ my post to you? All you ever want to do is point out that you said a prayer to Jesus and that you are going to heaven and that it doesn't matter where you go to church. I GET IT. Enough already. I never stated that that wasn't true!

I'm real glad to know you didn't use your real name (or where you reside) for your username on either forum.
If this was the time before the internet came along then I would use those Gospel Tracts to spread the Gospel Of Christ by placing them on automobiles but I sure would not spread the Gospel Of Christ verbally. :smt021

Back