Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I AM the way, the truth, and the light

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE

by Pastor Jeromy John Visser

(Introduction:)

Friends, the sermon this morning is based upon the testimony made by our Savior to "doubting" Thomas in John 14:6; “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.†This scripture not only says that Jesus Christ is the only true path because He's the great I AM of the Old Testament but it also equates Him to three additional items -- the way, the truth and the life. In this study we'll take a deeper look at each point and hopefully be able to see our Savior from a much different perspective. Let's begin...

(Jesus The I AM:)

If the concept of Christ being Yahweh is foreign to you it shouldn't be so I suggest familiarizing yourself with both Jesus, God or Not? and Jesus, Yahweh or Not? available online at the Covenant People's Ministry website if in doubt. Once Yahweh told Moses; “Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you (Exodus 3:14)†and Jesus continually used this terminology in statements such as “I am the God of Abraham (Matthew 22:32)†or “Many shall come in my name, saying, I am and shall deceive many (Mark 13:6).â€

Many sincere Christians can think no farther than Jesus simply being the son of God. Adam was a son of God as was Satan -- in reality, all truth-loving Israelites are the sons of God (I John 3:1) and He is the Christ. If we cannot firmly establish the fact that Jesus is the great I AM before examining the Way, the Truth and the Life the remainder of this sermon will make no sense. The Bible more than proves that Christ is God of both Testaments as there can be only one (Exodus 20:3) and Jesus says; “Before Abraham was, I am (John 8:58).â€

Even more, the scripture also says that “God was manifest in the flesh (John 1:1 & 14, 1Ti 3:16)†and that the "Rock" of the Exodus was the Messiah (I Corinthians 10:1-4). He's considered the Alpha and Omega and there's absolutely no doubt that Jesus is the Creator of Genesis 1:1 (Colossians 1:16). That groundwork being laid, I only use the name Yahweh to differentiate the Old Covenant Savior from the New because it's still God who was crucified (Acts 20:28) and He' the only way to paradise. Now, let's continue our study...

(Jesus The Way:)

Knowing that Christ is the only way should lead genuine Christians to question where that 'way' is located so like usual Jesus tells us exactly where to go; “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it (Matthew 7:13-14).†Few find the proper path because even less know that Jesus Christ is Yahweh and are looking for a 'god' beyond Him.

Of course our subtle enemy has a substitute for everything so they even follow after their own 'way' as Jude describes; “Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain (Jude 1:1).†As if the murderous ways of Cain aren't bad enough, Peter explains that such false prophets; “have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness (II Peter 2:15).†Again we see there's no "grey area" with the Almighty God -- it's either the right or wrong way.

To simplify this entire study -- Jesus is and should be our everything. As we examine each specific piece of John 14:6 you'll also notice that many of these portions somewhat "interlock" proving that all things mirror the reflection of their inventor. This is why only a fool requires a sign from YHVH when there's evidence of Him no matter where we look (Romans 1:20) -- one can often see an early-morning sunrise high in the mountains and notice the "brushstrokes" of the Creator who made it. The proper way leads to both truth and life.

(Jesus The Truth:)

In John 17:17 Jesus makes an awesome statement about Himself; “Thy word is truth.†I make this claim because the Bible also teaches that Christ is the living Word in several places. For example, the apostle John also said; “There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one (I John 5:7).†He even begins his Gospel by saying; “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (John 1:1 & 14).â€

Even further and much deeper in the Bible we're taught that during Judgment our LORD is; “clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God (Revelation 19:13).†Coming full circle, Jesus is all truth through His perfect Word and it's through that flawless Word that we know God most of all. Beware of anyone who teaches doctrine not found in the Bible or those who claim to offer "the way" outside of Jesus Christ -- such cults exist amongst the movement today and their only goals are to mislead God's own flock.

The opposite of fact is falsehood so as expected Satan and his soulless progeny are devoid of any truth. Jesus once asked the enemy; “Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not (John 8:43-45).â€

(Jesus The Life:)

Jesus is life because He gave his own as a ransom for many (Mat 20:28, Mark 10:45 & 1Ti 2:6). Through His sacrifice death is defeated and we're given power over our enemy. John explains; “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us (I John 1:1-2).â€

So many today walk in direct violation of Yahweh's eternal Law that they're already considered "spiritually dead" or practically worthless to the advancement of the Christian Kingdom. Because He is life Jesus teaches; “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple (Luke 14:26).†The lives we live should not be for our own self-gratification but for Christ alone because only in serving Him is true happiness and prosperity achieved.

There is no greater joy nor path to true happiness outside of Jesus Christ and to Christians this should be common sense yet that's oftentimes not the case as they've been 'raptured up' into some form of churchianity social club. Even in the face of persecution or extreme prejudice we should never neglect to share the Truth that Jesus is the way to eternal life and strive to awaken Yahweh's own bride from her slumber. It's God's Kingdom that matters so all who stand in opposition can only desire to play lower-case "gods" themselves.

(Intention:)

My intention with today's sermon is not unlike my others -- I pray that God will use this work to reach those who require it and that it may be used to further establish God's Kingdom on earth, as in heaven. We live in both exciting and perilous times so we should never neglect to share God's truth with those who may be carried away to Babylon in today's swift apostasy. Times are changing and Christianity is under heavy attack whether or not the masses even realize it, let's never fail to recognize the gifts that Yahweh has given us. War for Christ! Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back