Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Am Tired Of Windows

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Downloading a Windows update the other day corrupted my Windows 8.1 and it would not let me do anything, so I clean installed Windows 7 on it and then I went back and put plain Windows 8 on it, I don't Want 8.1 anymore. I am still dual booting but Windows 8 is the partition that I use the most.

I downloaded Windows 8.1 the other night, because I thought they had fixed the problem that I had with 8.1 before. And that is, if you download it from the store the files are missing to do a factory reset, or system restore or a refresh. Now in plain Windows 8 you have all of that. But that update corrupted my system.

Windows Update Messed Up My Computer
https://www.google.com/search?q=Win...fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

Microsoft sees through the windo darkly

1Co_13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

This is old news, and typical for many years now. Back in my windows days, the OS was always bugging me to update because of some security issue and then when I did, something that was working before suddenly did not. So I got to the point asking, "Why update when it's working good right now?" This is why I quipped on the other thread about windows 10 having a registry? That's the issue. It's ol' Bill Gate's hippy communal registry and some common DLL files and the like that when something updates it affects some other application. It's an overall bad computing philosophy and unless they change that, these updates will always cause "compatibility issues", left-over registry errors so that "your computer slows down" or "takes longer to boot" or whatever. It's not only the virus issue I rant about. The whole system needs a functional overhaul (aka "tune-up") constantly. Seriously, only mechanical objects with moving parts like an automobile should need tune-ups. Electronic items are virtual, with moving electrons and stationary hardware (except the old spinning drives) and the like. If it needs a "tune-up" then that's because they don't know how to program to begin with.

This is old news, and typical for many years now. Back in my windows days, the OS was always bugging me to update because of some security issue and then when I did, something that was working before suddenly did not. So I got to the point asking, "Why update when it's working good right now?" This is why I quipped on the other thread about windows 10 having a registry? That's the issue. It's ol' Bill Gate's hippy communal registry and some common DLL files and the like that when something updates it affects some other application. It's an overall bad computing philosophy and unless they change that, these updates will always cause "compatibility issues", left-over registry errors so that "your computer slows down" or "takes longer to boot" or whatever. It's not only the virus issue I rant about. The whole system needs a functional overhaul (aka "tune-up") constantly. Seriously, only mechanical objects with moving parts like an automobile should need tune-ups. Electronic items are virtual, with moving electrons and stationary hardware (except the old spinning drives) and the like. If it needs a "tune-up" then that's because they don't know how to program to begin with.
I agree

Rather than selling it to SCO, Microsoft should have continued developing Xenix. Maybe if were based on Xenix instead of DOS, Windows would be a stable and virus free operating system. But sell it they did, and part of the deal was that Microsoft would never again make a Unix-like OS, so here we are.

The TOG​

Rather than selling it to SCO, Microsoft should have continued developing Xenix. Maybe if were based on Xenix instead of DOS, Windows would be a stable and virus free operating system. But sell it they did, and part of the deal was that Microsoft would never again make a Unix-like OS, so here we are.

The TOG​
That is terrible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back