Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I can't do it.............

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pizzaguy

Somehow, I can't get back into my forums. I hang out on TheSpacePort.us, Crossfireforum.org, here and stop by TheFlatEarthSociety from time to time.

But I can't seem to get back into any of them. See, last Sunday I was released from a 5 day stay in the hospital. It seems the stay broke my "forum addiction" somehow! Of course, this stay really changed my life, it destroyed a lot of my confidence in my own good health, my opinions - and even has changed me in an odd way - I am suddenly very blunt and honest with those I work with AND those in my family.

I guess I AM different now.

So, why was I in the hospital? Well, from my facebook page:
I am back at work today, I was released from the hospital yesterday after a 5 day stay. Not feeling 100% yet, but way better than when I went in. I was dehydrated and suffering from a "functional intestinal obstruction". They pumped my stomach for 48 hours and treated me with various drugs (morphine is WONDERFUL for pain!) Doctor's consensus is about 90% certain that I got BAD food on monday, but it could have been a virus or bacterial. Docs say we may never know. NEVER been so sick.

I'v never been hospitalized in my 51 years. Never been so sick that I honestly thought I was on my way out - for good! Never been so sick that I got to where I could barely move, and where I KNEW that I was not going to recover without emergency medical attention. (Of course, it was my DOCTOR who said exactly that to me - "get to the ER, NOW".)

I may very well fade away from internet forums, not sure.

theflatearthsociety is a troll-fest, but a lot of fun when I am in a weird mood.

Haven't been in such a mood since I got out of the hospital. I find, Jason, that I am more kind and reserved on the forums now - but MUCH more forward with people in person. In fact, I told both of the bosses that they are the weakness in our company and if they'd only let the good people they have working for them DO THEIR JOBS, we'd stop losing customers.

Yea, we lost a BIG one recently, I found out when I came back. The customer told me on tuesday that he's had enough of the two guys I work for. He offered to help me find a new job, and thanked me for my help - but he says he's done "dealing with those who have no time for me, and don't care".

He is, of course, right. I saw it coming and TRIED to wake up management - but they only BLAMED THE CUSTOMER!

This is turning out to be quite a year, maybe the Lord put me on my back to get my attention. :yes Time to change jobs while I can? We'll see.

As you can see, I have much more on my mind than online discussions about Sports Cars, Science and Math, Christianity or a Flat Earth!

theflatearthsociety is a troll-fest, but a lot of fun when I am in a weird mood.

Haven't been in such a mood since I got out of the hospital. I find, Jason, that I am more kind and reserved on the forums now - but MUCH more forward with people in person. In fact, I told both of the bosses that they are the weakness in our company and if they'd only let the good people they have working for them DO THEIR JOBS, we'd stop losing customers.

Yea, we lost a BIG one recently, I found out when I came back. The customer told me on tuesday that he's had enough of the two guys I work for. He offered to help me find a new job, and thanked me for my help - but he says he's done "dealing with those who have no time for me, and don't care".

He is, of course, right. I saw it coming and TRIED to wake up management - but they only BLAMED THE CUSTOMER!

This is turning out to be quite a year, maybe the Lord put me on my back to get my attention. :yes Time to change jobs while I can? We'll see.

As you can see, I have much more on my mind than online discussions about Sports Cars, Science and Math, Christianity or a Flat Earth!

i was warned about that as i joined the evolutionaryfairtale site. athiests bash christians by poe sites and also running the contraview(us) off of youttube.

but that is antother topic.

WOW PG glad to hear your recovering! :waving

Maybe your just getting the forums in their proper places!

Glad your back and hope your doing well. God certainly speaks to us through our circumstances. But.....maybe there is something about those forums that he wants to tell you about? You mention your job, but you started this off with "I Can't get back into my forums..."

Thanks all. I do know I am changed, it was humbling to be struck down like that. I really DO take care of myself, and I know I'm getting older - but didn't see this coming AT ALL. This was a medical thing that was NOT going away, got worse hour by hour and made me realize that I could not 'fix' it on my own. Not at all.

And for a guy who had never been hospitalized, it was scary. It was also painful, uncomfortable and ... well, having a tube shoved into your nose and down your throat for 48 hours made it clear to me: I am dependent on these people to get me thru this!

But some stuff happened that changed me, I realized some things about my life, my job and how I interact with others. It became VERY clear that it is now time to change some things about me.

Some of the changes will be uncomfortable for some of those around me. Others will enjoy watching the change -and may even learn from it.

They sure didn't know how to take me at work this past week. :biggrin

Wow, Mark. :sad

That's a shock to hear you went through all of that and were hospitalized for so long. Given the way people are in and out of hospitals so quickly, this says to me that this was no small matter. I'm happy to hear that you are recovering. It sounds like a gift you've been given to have this opportunity to change; to adjust some things.

How right you are, Mike. On all counts. For the first 24 hours, they were telling me to expect to be there 6 to 8 days. I knew then, that THEY knew I was in trouble.

But, the more I think about it, the more I suspect the Lord intended to use this to get my attention. My employer is messing up bad. Losing the customer that I learned about on Tuesday is gonna hurt - and the boss is still in denial over it. The company is not going to survive, and I am powerless to change anything.... I think.

The boss and his son-in-law sure don't know what to make of my new attitude, my directness, my insistence on "an adult conversation" as I call it. I won't be nasty, not intentionally, but I'm no longer hiding my thoughts. The company is bleeding customers and we all know why - but no one will say it to the boss.

I will. He's possibly gonna hate me for it, but he has GOT to grasp the truth: he is driving customers away and cannot see it.

He may drive me away, but at least he'll know it's coming - seems like the only fair way to deal with a man I've worked for, for 11 years. I could just quit, but prefer to let him see it coming, and to give him a chance to see the light.

... he just can't see how he's driving customers away. Sad.

Being direct and honest says exactly who you are.
(That isn't to say that being offensive is OK for the sake of honestly. I mean really, extremes are extremes.)

I think a lot of people are afraid to reveal themselves or don't really know who they are anyway since they've been behind a false mask for so long. It doesn't matter what you project, you're going to have friends, acquaintances, those who don't care much for you and straight out enemies.
It's very hard being someone you're not. It's a lot easier when you don't have to remember who you were yesterday, last week or a year ago. :biggrin

I think you're the sort of fella that would have come to the point you are now sooner or later. The stay in the hospital hurried it up a bit. Well, maybe a lot.

I'm really glad you're out of there though I didn't know you were there in the first place. But hey, I like happy endings.
Good that you're back! :salute

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back