Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I don't even know what to call this...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jarvis

Some of you might say this is better suited in the teen forum, but I want advice from older peoe as well, so I would prefer for the thread to stay here.

I'm crushing on this girl in my youth group, and I have no clue what to do about it. I haven't dated anyone since I got saved, so I'm not sure how to go about with this. I want to have a good relationship going by the rules the bible sets forth, but I don't know where to start! I feel like I shouldn't make my move, but at the same time I feel a need to. I've been praying to God for his wisdom and his blessing for this situation, but I just feel so confused. I need advice.

Also, she left her wallet in our friends' car the other day and asked me to grab it for her. Its currently in my possession, and I decided to write down a whole mess of scripture from Proverbs. I started with the virtuous women and then added some stuff fro. Earlier jn the boom about letting God direct your path. I put it in her wallet where she'll see it. Is this lame? should I take it out?

Hi Jarvis... :wave

So many things that "Love God with all your heart, soul and a mind and love your neighbor as yourself" covers...and this is one of them. If you are responding to her as a Christian who loves with a Godly love (rather than a kid with a huge crush)... then God will bless you as you seek out this young woman's friendship.

However, God is not the God of confusion. If you are really so confused as to whether or not God is granting His wisdom and blessing... perhaps it's because it's not His timing? Something to think about. I would say that unless and until you have some peace and clarity as to whether it's in God's timing to pursue a deeper relationship with this young woman, it's best to hold off. Perhaps God is wanting you to concentrate more on just walking with Him at this time? If you're newly Christian, this very well may be the case.

I would'nt put anything in her wallet. If a guy did that to me; I would think that he went through my wallet.

My grandmother used to tell me there are a few ways to tell if you're fixing to mess up.

1.) If it's going to hurt someone.
2.) If you can't honestly and sincerely thank God for bringing that event/opportunity/etc. into your life.
3.) If you find that you're arguing with yourself about it.
4.) If you can't make up your mind without asking other people.

In this case, my friend, it seems to me like you're fixing to mess up. As handy said, if you're this confused, chances are this isn't His timing. I also agree with jennaH that you may give the impression that you went through her wallet, which woulld definitely be the opposite reaction you're looking for.

We know your intentions are good, but last I checked, there wasn't a road to Heaven that was paved with good intentions - if you see what I'm saying.

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I guess I have to admit to myself that its not God's timing.

Thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I guess I have to admit to myself that its not God's timing.

Just don't get discouraged. Keep seeking His input, and be secure in the knowledge that He will put you where He wants you when He wants you to be there. ;)

Back