Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I feel hopeless, I can't get out of this slump?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My girlfriend missed her period, school is going rough, and it seems like all of my world is crashing down onto me. I've cried out to help from God but this weight seems over bearing. I'm only 18 and having a child would ruin my life, and trust me I've felt the consequences of my actions already. I feel alone and all i want to do is give up and lie in bed. Any advice? anyone can relate?:sad

I can relate... I definitely can...

Sometimes it just feels like the pressure of your circumstances will crush you. You don't feel like your pleas for help are being answered. I know what that feels like...

When that's happened to me, I find that God reaches down and plucks me out of my rut. It happened recently when I was writing an email to my best friend, and I was writing about how miserable and stressed I was. Then, all of suddenly, there was an out-flowing of love, like a dam bursting inside me, and I told my friend how much I love her in Christ, and I stopped thinking about myself and started to praise God for the way He'd suddenly lifted me up.

Keep on going. Don't give up. That's the best advice I can give. Pray to Him whenever you can, even if you don't feel like it. An old friend once told me that someone had once told him that, when he felt like praying, he should pray. And when he didn't feel like praying, he should pray! It's not easy, I know it's not, and when you have some very real worries on your mind, they aren't easily shifted. You say that a child would ruin your life, but God doesn't allow anything to happen to anyone unless they can bear it. Feeling the consequences of one's actions is a good thing, it's a good beginning. It's the work of God. He might bring in these difficulties with a view to discipline, but He also gives you strength to bear the discipline and come out of it stronger.

You have my prayers, my friend, and I hope that what you're worrying about won't come to pass. Yet if it does, be assured that He will not only strengthen you, but comfort you. He is always with you.

"In the multitude of my anxious thoughts within me thy comforts have delighted my soul." - Psalm 94 v 19.

Friend at 18 a non christian tradesman that I was an apprentice to on seeing me for the last time pulled me aside and in his non christian way he gave me some of the best advice I ever got.

He said to me Chris life is tough out there and dont take### off anyone or anything.

what he meant if I translate it is to just not let yourself be pushed around by people or life's circumstances but to jump in and face stuff head on and try to control it as best you can for your own or other peoples benefit. You never give up! Just get up and keep going, a good day is around the corner soon!

As for having a child young it can be a good thing. It means was the child grows up you have a child closer to your own age and you have a cool time while you are both young.

the other cool thing is when your 40 you have the kids maybe out of the home and financially secure and you will be able to go on holidays and spend up while everyone else is still trying to pay for 3 kids buy working lots of overtime etc.

there is good and bad in this dont think it is the end of the world.

Ps: A girl missing a period Is a good sign of pregnancy but not always conclusive. A high percentage of women on their first pregnancy miscarry anyway and it doesn't succeed so dont think it is a foregone conclusion you are going to be a father yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if there are several issues here.
One...the guilt you feel for violating God's commands.
Two...the fear of becoming a father far before you're ready.
Three...school stress.
Four...depression.

First and foremost, if you haven't already done so, repent of sexually sinning with your girlfriend and ask forgiveness. (Repent means...don't do it anymore!)
God will not hear our prayers if we are willfully sinning against Him. But, He will always, fully and graciously, forgive us our sins.

Two...as Chris said, a missed period may not necessarily mean she's pregnant...and even if she is pregnant, she may miscarry...many women do miscarry their first...then again many don't. You should have her take a home pregnancy test...inexpensive, simple to take and quite accurate. Once you find out for sure that she is pregnant...then you can start making concrete plans on what to do, should the baby not miscarry. Naturally, being the guy...your views on the subject can be completely overruled by your girlfriend, but, nonetheless, you can start discussing with her how to move forward. If the two of you are open to it, believe me, there are many couples out there who will be more than willing to adopt a baby.

As for the school stuff...yep, it's gets pretty rough. Work with your counselors to see how to manage it all.

And for the Depression...there are a lot of ways to handle depression non-pharmaceutically, and given your age, I'd suggest looking into them. Getting plenty of exercise, fresh air and sunshine can do wonders...even when you feel you have to drag yourself out of bed to do it.

Once you've repented and asked forgiveness of God (and to be sure, His forgiveness will be forthcoming) do remember that God doesn't take us out of bad situations, but He does help us through them.

Meanwhile, I'm glad that you're asking your Christian brothers and sisters to pray for you that God will help you through all this...(goes for your girlfriend as well!)

I'm so sorry to hear that...I will be praying. Look, Jesus gives us hope right? Well I can't relate to your situation but I can relate to feeling hopeless. Let me tell you there is hope. You just have to look for it. Jesus is right there and He is your hope. Don't give up. Nothing is too big for him. *hugs*

"If we confess our sins ,He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleans us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back