Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I feel like throwing in the towel

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I kinda feel similarly right now, but probably for different reasons...or maybe not so different. I think everybody feels that way sometimes. Keep moving forward and keep seeking God, it's all we really can do.
Joh 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

I'm tired of cycles. I don't know what I'm trying for. Or if I'm even trying. I just turned 22 recently, and all I can think is "one more year of nothing". I have nothin to look forward to. I don't have many friends. Really all I have is one. And honestly, I feel so unmotivated I don't feel like hanging with him anymore.

I believe in Jesus. I'm just a usesless vessel.

I'm still living with my parents, and I just wanna get out of this house and live my own life away from my family.

Like disappear. Off the grid.

Be encouraged!

God is at work inside of you.

You are in a "winter season" in your walk with God, a time of dying.

It is at the time of death, when your flesh want's to "live' the most and experience life.

During winter everything looks dead, but it is in this season that the roots must extend deeper to press for nourishment which will allow growth in the next season.

It is during this time that real growth occurs.

He is preparing you for a good work. Be patient and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him.

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

Be content with being His child, and rest in that.

JLB

Be encouraged!

God is at work inside of you.

You are in a "winter season" in your walk with God, a time of dying.

It is at the time of death, when your flesh want's to "live' the most and experience life.

During winter everything looks dead, but it is in this season that the roots must extend deeper to press for nourishment which will allow growth in the next season.

It is during this time that real growth occurs.

He is preparing you for a good work. Be patient and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him.

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

Be content with being His child, and rest in that.

JLB
Man, I hope it's good. I've been "being prepared" for years.

YosefHayim
Angel

Hello and Hang on,
Please read this as it is written, ( in Love )
I have been there before so many times BUT I will not ever return there.
The problem is that your focussed to much on the problems and not enough in Jesus...Shhh please wait.....

It is so easy to get caught up in discouragement and dismay especially in this day and age. It is the desire of our enemy the devil to keep you there. His aim is to keep all your attention on the things that pull you down and until you take a stand against this he will continue to lead you down that path.

There is a way out and it is so easy but hard.
Get into praise and worship. Worship God and sing to Him. Look I know it sounds stupid when you feel the way you do but LOOK they dont call it the sacrifise of praise for nothing. Some times you have to force your self to start and to keep going. Just like if your sink is piled up with dishes, even though there are no clean ones every time you look at the sink full of dishes you think man thats too much and it seems such a bother or dificult thing to do. The hardest part is making up your mind to start and once you start they are done before you know it.

It is the same for Praising God when you feel the way you do. Look it is written that the JOY of the LORD is our strength.....This is so very true and that is why it seems so hard to do. The enemy and your flesh want nothing to do with it for there is power over them in it.

Fill your self with Joy in the Lord. Pray and aks Him what is your will in this situation for me. It may be God allowing these things to happen so you will run out of options and seek Him or it is just the enemy but you wont know until you do something about it. You can stay the way you are and slowly slide downward if you choose but it sounds like you are not to thrilled in the state. So why not do something that can change everything.

Read His word and meditate on His promises for you. Believe them and pray them and do what ever the word says to do to get them in your life. YOU are the only one who can make this choice. God is NOT going to do it for you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

God does not see you as worthless but the DEVIL DOES AND HAS BEEN WISPERING THOUGHTS IN YOUR EARS AND YOUR BUYING THEM..... Make the choice to do something about it. God can and will do more for you in days then you can in life time.....Make the choice and Get your Joy in the Lord Back......then watch things change.

Praying for you both
Seek Him Please..............
Jim

My pastor told me the same thing. I put on a Hillsong CD, tried singing along. even got on my knees. Nothing.

My pastor told me the same thing. I put on a Hillsong CD, tried singing along. even got on my knees. Nothing.
you cant expect it to change like that. seldom does it. I barely remember 22 now , and yet what I do remember at that age (1995 was the year) I wasn't saved and I was working at mcds and ire and living with my parents. and saying or thinking the same as you did. I didn't get my first car until I was 25. yeah I had a car and well not much money left after. funny how that worked and yet I will say I was closer to god then and I am now. the point is that God knows but our job is to be close to god and he provides. look to the source not the PROBLEM!

No thanks. I'd never join the military. If the draft comes back, I'll be sure to be unfound. I don't support the bankers.
See, you already have the right heart attitude of honor, not willing to participate in returning evil for evil or harming any one over covetness sake which is all wars are about.
Notice that each side thinks they are the good guys, they claim to be righteous(like Jesus?) as they murder one another, even their own Christian brothers whom also do the same having a willing heart to kill for money(pay check). This may offend some people, but truth is what we must be about! Please God, not tickle men's ears with lies to their destruction in the end.
Can you picture the same wordly ways of dog eat dog in our new heaven and earth? What would be the use of Jesus if we are to remain living like this? He would have died for nothing.

Until the last man on earth refuses to kill, and begin to walk in the love of God as Jesus showed us, there will never be true love and peace on this earth. For everyone has a good reason for their hatred and anger towards someone at sometime, which hatred and anger are really attributes in the image of the beast who are self survival. But a carnal man acts out on his puffed up flesh, where the child of peace understands that to return the evil will only make it grow and we shall look just like them. We are to over come evil with good, doing them a favor by bringing shame for their nakedness. For if we do as they do, we are the same as the are.
I used to watch Jerry Springer in my prior carnal life. I noticed that the person who came out first in their anger and rage at the one who would be called out once they first told their reason for their anger. And when the accused came out, their altitude(attitude) decided to me, who was the more likely guilty party. If she/he came out in foul mouth rage wrath and ugliness of character, I just thought to myself, they deserve each other's treatment for it is had to believe who is telling truth for they definitely are of the same kind. I did not know of God at that time. So my reaction was not one of these being held captive to the devil by displaying his fruit and needed saving, but of just no pity for them.
But if the accused came out humble and hurt, I immediately sided for them and felt sorry. My point in telling this is to show how anger and wrath only exalts more of the same, while meekness gets mercy and extinguishes wrath.

God does use willing hearts for His purposes, but look at what He calls those who have a willing heart to bring His wrath?

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
KJV
2 Tim 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
KJV

wow. ok since I have had my two day pity party of woe is me over my hobby. uhm, life can always be looked at two ways. it sucks and we only see that, or it sucks or is great and we praise god. we are to praise god for what is good in our life. learn to be thankful for what you have. being that im nearly double your age. I often, though I never have everything you just want. will wish I was that age again. we are never satifisified. when I was 22 I didn't see what I did have. at that age I still had my granddad harry whom I wish I spent more time with and let go of the hurt he and I caused each other. or how I wasn't as bad as I thought I was.i was in far better shape then im in now. try to look for what you do have.

Exactly. What's the difference between a rich man and a poor man? One is content and the other is happy.
Everybody likes the good times, and yet seemingly have a problem being content and poor. We're promised to suffer and have tribulation here, and are instructed to be content. Christians are in training here on earth and it's the only reason we're here. Being prepared to live as spiritual beings and handle that responsibility.

Have patience brother!

As Christians we all have those moments in life. Don't let this set back over come you. You must over come it! Jesus said He over came the world. And so can we. You must decide to be strong in the Lord. The devil has his foot on you right now and is trying to keep you down. Ask God to raise you up. This is what we are called to do in this life. We are to be strong in the Lord. Begin to thank and praise Him that you have the breath of life in your body another day. Begin to proclaim the victory in your life. You can do it! We can do all things through Christ who gives us the strength to do it. If He gives us the strength, then we CAN. Everything else is just an excuse on our part. Be blessed. You are an overcomer in Christ Jesus!

Back