Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I feel very lonely..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AIR

I don't know why but I've felt very lonely today. I realised that I don't have a lot of friends either I don't have more than one Christian friend :gah.

I'm pretty pleased of my life but I'm missing something, that's why I feel lonely. Today, I saw one girl that I had a huge crush on her a few months ago but it did not work out. However I was at that point very happy because I gave my best shot at the girl but as I said, it didn't work out. I wasn't depressed or anything afterwards but now I saw her again. All the emotions came back to me, I felt very happy and I missed her, however I did not have a crush anymore. After I felt very sad and now I'm writing here, I'm feeling very lonely. :/

Hm not sure where you live. But in my country people would answer that you will never have many true friends. You may have many good acquaintances, people to hang out with and share hobbies, but few good friends that you fully trust and whom you know inside out.

I'm really on the extreme low end of the social competence and mental health scale, so I have no idea what I am talking about. :lol But in my opinion in order to reduce loneliness it's not exactly the number of friends you need to work on, but the depth of the friendships you have. Even non-christians can be good friends.

As for the crush story, I believe your emotional response upon seeing her again is perfectly normal. It means you cared for her. Being able to care for things is a gift. Not everyone has that gift.

It didn't feel good to hear you say you aren't socially competent or mentally healthy so what you think isn't important Claudya. Sorry to hear you are sad air.

I think I miss the time when I used to have a girl friend. It's so hard to find one, I'm pretty shy and I wish I found someone. There's few girls that I could talk to at the church but I don't know , im too shy!

There is value in what you went through with that girl. You know more what you want, you're more inspired to overcome your shyness, you felt bad so you can appreciate when you feel good. It's really a good thing because something happened that God can use for your good to be closer to Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back