Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I hate God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I registered at two sites and posted the prayer...I didn't know if I'd find a site where it passed moderator approval. But so far so good I guess...

I'm to the point where I feel God wants the Devil to be torturing me for whatever reason.

God could restrain the Devil and I've asked him to many times. Nothing seems to work. I feel the Antichrist and his empire is all part of God's plan. God knew who the Antichrist would be long before he formed him in his mother's womb. I believe God's destiny for the Antichrist is to be just that and to do the job well.

God gives some people the grace to be Saints and to others He refuses to give those graces. If Adolf Hitler was given the same graces and brain-wiring, inclinations, and disposition as God gave John the Baptist, he would have behaved like John the Baptist.

So, the biggest factor in how Adolf Hitler or other wicked people turn out is the grace God is willing to give them.

I think some people have a very dark destiny and that destiny is God's will for them or God would give them the grace to be something else. Instead God leaves them blind, spiritually dead, and tormented by the Devil. If God would give truth and understanding to all, there would be no Atheists.

God has control of the Devil. The Devil can only do what God lets him do. Therefore, the Devil can only do what God wants him to do.

Hey man, with all due respect...have you ever read a Bible? Because what you're saying couldn't be further from the truth.

Long story short, God don't roll like that. What happened? You got mad, and decided this was it on the spur of the moment? Every bit of what you said is wrong Scriptureally.

Hey man, with all due respect...have you ever read a Bible? Because what you're saying couldn't be further from the truth.

Long story short, God don't roll like that. What happened? You got mad, and decided this was it on the spur of the moment? Every bit of what you said is wrong Scriptureally.
I've read the Bible from Genesis to revelation. It has many verses that say the opposite of what other verses say. I need God to guide me, not a book full of poetry, parables, hyperbole, and allegory not meant to be taken literal that contradicts itself and divides Christians, leading many people who study it into opposite beliefs.

If God wishes to reveal the truth to me that is fine. I've read the Bible and it fills me with rage, frustration, and makes little sense...and as I said, often it says the opposite of what another verse says...that is why Christians will always be divided about the correct interpretation of Scripture

Last edited:
me, yet again.

What I gradually learned was that I have to accept God on His terms. Jesus died on The Cross for me (and you, and reba, and...). That's the ultimate price to pay; we've all been bought at a high price.

But God can't guide me if I can't listen to what He says and have Jesus in my heart, ask Jesus to save me from the (sadly, much deserved) wrath of God. Jesus is the --1-- way to The Father. If I hadn't accepted that I needed Christ--which took a miracle for me--then my prayers to God now would be going the same places my prayer to God went before I mustered up all the humility I could (which wasn't a whole lot, lol) and asked Jesus to save me and take up residence in my inner most heart. That is to say, if I hadn't gotten genuinely saved, my prayers to God the Father would be going no higher than my ceiling.

You can't fight the devil on your terms.. you opened the door with that Ouija board..

I Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

I've read the Bible from Genesis to revelation. It has many verses that say the opposite of what other verses say. I need God to guide me, not a book full of poetry, parables, hyperbole, and allegory not meant to be taken literal that contradicts itself and divides Christians, leading many people who study it into opposite beliefs.

If God wishes to reveal the truth to me that is fine. I've read the Bible and it fills me with rage, frustration, and makes little sense...and as I said, often it says the opposite of what another verse says...that is why Christians will always be divided about the correct interpretation of Scripture

What it amounts too, is first you choose to trust The Lord, then begin seeking Him (through His Word)...then He begins to reveal truths to you, not before.

But it's done in humility brother. You have to be teachable. It can not be done with any arrogance or pride.

You have to realize that you can do nothing on your own. Turn it over to Jesus in prayer admitting this, and then submit your entire life to Him.

Like all of us, you've been lied to your entire life. The truth is much stranger than fiction, but receive it and trust the Lord. No wonder you're so pissed. Despite that, you're clueless just how much that Jesus loves you.

Don't be arrogant brother. When your formally admit defeat in prayer, and choose to trust Him...then the Bible will read differently to you, it will come alive to you!!

I'll continue to pray for you.

I've read the Bible. No such book is going to help me. I need the Holy Spirit, not a book. If the Holy Spirit is willing to guide me, I'll follow. Otherwise, May I die soon, in Jesus name!

Also, if God is unwilling to guide me, how am I supposed to tell anyone he's trustworthy. He hides himself and when I need help making a decision, remains silent, provides no help, and leaves me in fear, confusion, and abandonment, surrounded by sick disgusting perverts and homosexuals. I pray for wisdom, understanding, and the Holy Spirit and get nothing. He sounds quite trustworthy eh?

Mark 16:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

John 14:13
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 17:20
Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

John 14:12
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

When God is willing to be faithful to his word, I shall believe that the Bible is the truth. Until then, the Bible just fills me with rage!

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

When God is willing to be faithful to his word, I shall believe that the Bible is the truth. Until then, the Bible just fills me with rage!

hello matt1917, dirtfarmer here

First, it is not up to you to determine when and how God is faithful, nor will you ever be able to believe that bible is the truth. You have everything in reverse order. The bible is true. When you come to believe that, then you can have faith in scripture that reveals Jesus Christ , in whom we have eternal life and not in the written word. The written word testifies of the Son of God.

In order to understand scripture, you have to have the Spirit of God, but you can't receive the Spirit of God until you understand scripture. It is the scriptures that reveals our need of a savior and who that savior is. Our life is in Christ, not in scripture.
Matthew 12:39, " But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign: and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas." The sign of Jonas was three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, not the raising of the dead, healing of the sick, or casting out of demons. It is faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ that brings about the dying to sin, and a new creation in Christ Jesus, to the believer.

If you are looking for the ability to do those things that you quoted scripture about, you will never live by faith and therefore receive no salvation from God.

Last edited:
I can't understand scripture unless God gives me the grace to understand it...many people who think they understand it, don't. You could be one of those people. Christianity is divided and it seems almost everyone thinks they understand Scripture. God has failed at guiding and shepherding his flock. It is sad.

My heart isn't closed though. I'm seeking God. All I care about and my only interest is knowing God's will and doing it, I'm just currently left in darkness and confusion and there is nothing I can do about it but ask God to take it away and currently his answer is "no."

see, the way to God the Father is through Christ. All you have to do is humble yourself as best you can and pray for Jesus to save you and live inside your heart.

Once you accept the Son, you're in right standing with The Father.

I've read the Bible. No such book is going to help me. I need the Holy Spirit, not a book. If the Holy Spirit is willing to guide me, I'll follow. Otherwise, May I die soon, in Jesus name!

You have to give the Holy Spirit something to work with...
Do the data entry :study and plant the seed of His Word in your heart...then the Holy Spirit does His thing, and gives you revelation and understanding.

I'm sorry, but you/(we) are not allowed to set the terms of relationship with God. We are instructed to read His Word/Bible/owners manual of Life (!) in

Acts 17:11
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.../

In the Old Testament, God dealt with the Israelites a lot, and it was usually, if this, then that. Like if my people humble themselves and obey...then I will bless them...it's like that today because God doesn't change.

So we seek Him...

I asked God to keep the Devil away many times. God could easily answer such a request. God wants some people enslaved to the Devil. That is the mystery I'll never understand, but is obviously true!

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

In Mathew 7:24-29 and in Luke 6:46-49, Jesus gives an encouragement and a warning for those who listen to what Jesus says. An encouragement to those who listen and put what Jesus says into practice. And a warning to those who listen but ignore what is said.

Luke 6:46-49.
"46Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

With this in mind there is an observation I can give you Matt. Sometime my own sin keeps me from being close to God. And what's worse is that one sin usually comes as a package deal. Others follow and are harder to resist. My anger has a shorter fuse, and my lust becomes stronger. These sins become easier once I sincerely try to reconcile with God and ask for forgiveness and help. They also don't become the burden they once were after I try to apply the lessons I know from the bible.

There are also other aspects to strengthen ourselves in God. Paul wrote about wearing the armor of God, and each piece of armor he describes I think keeps us out of the traps and snares of Satan and of sin; as well as also more pure for our walk with God. If you can also, find a good community or a good set of friends to keep you well. As it says"As iron strengthens iron, one man strengthens another."

Consider the wisdom described in the armor of God. And consider the teachings of Jesus. Be humble, love your neighbor, love your enemy. If struck turn the other cheek, if demanded to walk a mile with someone, walk 2 miles with them. Be generous without feeling obligated, but don't showboat your rightousness or your accomplishments. Don't judge unless you wish to be judged, and if you know someone has something against you go quickly to reconcile your differences. Pray often, in fact pray continually, never ceasing. And forgive those who do you wrong. Do not get angry, and do not lust. Neither in your heart, nor in your words. Be hospitable.

These are by far not the only teachings Jesus gave but they are among the easy ones to read without being in parables or worrying about interptations. Their a good start. And although I don't know the struggles you have with a mental disorder, I do think these are worth striving for. And I think that God sees us when we strive for Him in these ways to Follow Him, even in our weaknesses. I think God see us and helps us be closer to Him.

Hope that helps.

I asked God to keep the Devil away many times. God could easily answer such a request. God wants some people enslaved to the Devil. That is the mystery I'll never understand, but is obviously true!
Blessings Brother Matt.
I have read your thread in great sympathy, as I too suffered for many years in depression and darkness trying to pray for the Light of the Lord.
It was only when God came onto my life from outside of me in the form of a Great Wize Teacher that I began to understand the Truth in Gods Almighty Word! But more of that later.
See God doesn't always speak to you from within at first. God is in the All.
Here's the rub...

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it and it will be yours
But you must feel it, and feel what it would be like to Be Well

In Faith I believe you have received it, Amen

As I have given an example in this post with these Scriptures, The word of God often doesn't mean what it says. I've tested Scripture. It turned out to be falsehood or impossible to interpret (It doesn't mean what it says, otherwise those who believe in Christ would do the works of Christ and greater works).

I need the Holy Spirit and prayed for years that God's will would be done in my life. God refuses to grant the grace necessary for me to do his will. I'm not asking God for an easy life. I'm asking that God's will would be done in my life, even if that means a life of torture, fine, just let me know his will so I can serve him is all I ask. God doesn't want me to do his will or he would provide the grace.

Or perhaps God wants me to do his will by being wicked, tormented, sick, and confused. Don't you think the Antichrist does God's will? What is God's will for the Antichrist? Do you think the Antichrist could get control of the world without it being his Destiny and God's will? Well, then, the Antichrist is just being who God made him to be and accomplishing his destiny and fulfilling prophecy.

Even Satan bends the knee at the name of Jesus and has to obey God... therefore, Satan does the will of God. Satan is God's prisoner/slave and cannot be "prince of the powers of this world" without God wanting it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back