Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I have a question :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A

Angel_Delight

Hi :)

I hope this is the right place to ask this question :crazyeyes:

i've met a really nice muslim guy (i'm christian) and to marry him in the future i'd have to convert but i wont do this unless i was sure its the right thing to do and that Islam makes sense to me so i've started to look into Islam but also realised i don't know everything about my own religion :smt085

Anyway can someone give me reasons why christianity is the one true religion over Islam?

Please keep it as simple as possible :oops:

Thanks to anyone who replys

Hi there!

:smt039

Anyway can someone give me reasons why christianity is the one true religion over Islam?

In a nutshell, Islam teaches that Jesus Christ was a prophet just as Mohammed was a prophet. The problem that while Islam teaches that Jesus Christ was a good prophet and carried a good message, they reject the message.

The message that Jesus Christ brought to the world was one of redemption of your sins and reconciliation to God through faith, and faith alone. The New Testament teaches that Jesus was the Son of God and yet He was God incarnate, and as such was God, and He was able to forgive sins. You see, the New Testament teaches the trinitarian nature of God and that Jesus Christ was not just a prophet, but God incarnate.

Islam rejects the salvation by faith and requires "works"... and they reject that Jesus was the Son of God or God incarnate, particularly they reject the trinitarian nature of God.

I am a Christian today because I believe the Bible is God's Word to man, and the plan of salvation became comlete with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, victorious on sin, death, satan and the grave. If the Bible weren't absolute truth, then maybe we would need prophets like Mohammed to lead up along in God's truth, but Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies of the Old Testament, and He fulfills every need for mankind.

I could "slam" on Islam to try and make Christianity look better, but I won't...

Just know this... Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and the only way to eternal life.

Now, if Islam would only accept the good message that their prophet "Jesus" brought to the world.

Questions?

~serapha~

The True Religion
By Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE RELIGION OF ISLAM
The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.

Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)

"Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim." (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:67)

Nowhere in the Bible will you find Allah saying to Prophet Moses' people or their descendants that their religion is Judaism, nor to the followers of Christ that their religion is Christianity. In fact, Christ was not even his name, nor was it Jesus! The name "Christ" comes from the Greek word Christos which means the annointed. That is, Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew title "Messiah". The name "Jesus" on the other hand, is a latinized version of the Hebrew name Esau.

For simplicity's sake, I will however continue to refer to Prophet Esau (PBUH) as Jesus. As for his religion, it was what he called his followers to. Like the prophets before him, he called the people to surrender their will to the will of Allah; (which is Islam) and he warned them to stay away from the false gods of human imagination.

According to the New Testament, he taught his followers to pray as follows: "Yours will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM

Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, the basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah.Since everything other than Allah, the Creator of all things, is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, in essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. If man prays to a tree and his prayers are answered, it was not the tree which answered his prayers but Allah who allowed the circumstances prayed for to take place. One might say, "That is obvious," however, to tree-worshippers it might not be. Similarly, prayers to Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna, to Saint Christopher, or Saint Jude or even to Muhammad, are not answered by them but are answered by Allah. Jesus did nottell his followers to worship him but to worship Allah. As the Qur'aan states:

"And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men, Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah He will say-"Glory to you I could never say what I had no right (to say')" (Soorah Al-Maa'idah- 5:116)

Nor did he worship himself when he worshipped but rather he worshipped Allah. This basic principle is enshrined in the opening chapter of the Qur'aan, known as Soorah Al-Faatihah, verse 4:

"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help".
Elsewhere, in the final book of revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah also said:

"And your Lord says:"Call on Me and I will answer your(prayer)."(Soorsh Mu'min 40:60)

it is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him.

This might seem obvious, but, man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybecalled the worship of Allah through his creation. How ever, the message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Our'aan Allah clearlystates:

"For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet,(with the command) worship meand avoid false gods " (Soorsh Al-Nahl 16:36)

When the idol worshipper is questioned as to why he or she bows down to idols created by men, the invariable reply is that they are not actually worshipping the stone image, but Allah who is present within it. They claim that the stone idol is only a focal point for Allah's essence and is not in itself Allah! One who has accepted the concept of the presence of God's being within His creation in any way will be obliged to accept this argument of idolatry. Whereas, one who understands the basic message of Islam and its implications would never concede to idolatry no matter how it is rationalized. Those who have claimed divinity for themselves down through the ages have often based their claims on the mistaken belief that Allah is present in man. They merely had to assert that although Allah according to their false beliefs, is in all of us, He is more present in them than in the rest of us. Hence, they claim, we should submit our will to them and worship them as they are either God in person or God concentrated within the person.

Similarly, those who have asserted the godhood of others after their passing have found fertile ground among those who accept the false belief of God's presence in man. One who has grasped the basic message of Islam and its implications could never agree to worship another human being under any circumstances. God's religion in essence is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form. This is the meaning of the motto of Islam:

"Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god but Allah)

Its repetition automatically brings one within the fold of Islam and sincere belief in it guarantees one Paradise.

Thus, the final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise".(Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).

It consists in the submission to Allah as one God, yielding to Him by obeying His commandments, and the denial of polytheism and polytheists.
Read or download the full book
http://www.islamworld.net/true.html

To be a "Christian" means that you must confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and that you must believe in your heart that god has raised Him from the dead.

To be a Moslem you must denigh with yoiur mouth that jesus is Lord, and you must denigh in your heart that Jesus Christ was crucified and rose again.

1Jo 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jo 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1Jo 5:10 ¶ He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Islam is a "false Doctrine" we are warned about. The world would teach that Islam and Christianity worship the same God. The god of Islam wants to murder you because you are a Christian. Yahweh says to love the muslims even if they deny the salvation of Christ. These are two different God's.

Never Compromise on Christ, no matter how nice this guy is, God has prepared for you an even more amazing Christian Gentleman if you wait on his timing.

I'm totally confused now :smt090

Muslims say Islam is the one true religion and the only way to heaven and that the quran is the true word of God because it's never been changed, where as the Bible has been.

Also they say Jesus is a prophet and we go against our religion because it says in the bible that God is one but we still pray to Jesus...

I'd be interested to hear your views and opinions

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Islam is a "false Doctrine" we are warned about. The world would teach that Islam and Christianity worship the same God. The god of Islam wants to murder you because you are a Christian. Yahweh says to love the muslims even if they deny the salvation of Christ. These are two different God's.

Never Compromise on Christ, no matter how nice this guy is, God has prepared for you an even more amazing Christian Gentleman if you wait on his timing.
So true, I could not have put it better myself. Good points man. :biggrin

If you are truely a Christian and convert to Islam to marry a man, you dear have some bigger issues then this.

Oh, and the Bible has not been changed, that is a false accusation made by so many and it simply is not true.

Anyways, the Bible says not to marry someone that is not a Christian. You can obey the word of God or man, you make the choice.

Henry said:
If you are truely a Christian and convert to Islam to marry a man, you dear have some bigger issues then this.

I wont convert just to marry him, i'd only convert if after looking into Islam it makes sense to me and i decide it's the one true religion

thanks for your reply

Angel_Delight said:
I'm totally confused now :smt090

Muslims say Islam is the one true religion and the only way to heaven and that the quran is the true word of God because it's never been changed, where as the Bible has been.

Also they say Jesus is a prophet and we go against our religion because it says in the bible that God is one but we still pray to Jesus...

I'd be interested to hear your views and opinions

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Hi there!

If you have questions concerning the statement that the Bible has been changed, I would like to know "where" the statement is referencing.

You see, Angel Delight, most people who "tear down" the Bible, do so by taking the passages out of context or citing that various translations mean that the Word of God isn't truth.

The Old Testament has been proven by time... and the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls has verified that the content of the Old Testament has been preserved. As for the New Testament... No, there aren't any original manuscripts, but there are manuscripts within one generation of the original writer. The truth about manuscripts is that the manuscript witnesses verify their accuracy.

The trinitarian nature of God is one God. Let me give you an example of the trinitarian nature of the God head.

Light is unlike any other form of matter. It has three properties. These properties are inseparable, without them there is no light. Just like God.

Without the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit, there would be no God. Each is coequal, coeternal, and co infinite.

Light's three properties are the actinic (analogous to the Father), luminiferous (analogues to the Son), and the Calorific (analogous to the Holy Spirit). The actinic property is the property of light which is neither seen nor felt. The luminiferous property of light is both seen and felt, while the calorific property is not seen but it is felt.

Light is like the trinity in that they cannot be separated, and without any part of the trinity, then the remaining parts are not the totality of God... it takes the three persons of the trinity to have the total essence of God.

1Jo 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

It isn't that Christianity is polytheistic, believing in multiple gods, but monotheistic, believing in only one God. That God has three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Questions?

~serapha~

jesus or Muhammad

Hi Angel_Delight

I think one of the most important criteria you should look at is the life of the founder of each religion. Consider Muhammad's life, his actions... his words.

Then consider Jesus. Read the Gospel again. See the wisdom of Jesus. Read the parables. There is so much to learn from Him. Read Matthew 5-7. What wonderful words and magnificent examples, parables and commandments about ethics and morality and spiritual truths! The Beatitudes... the Similitudes "..you are the salt of the earth" (Matthew 5:13), "..you are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14), read what he taught about murder (Matthew 5:21-26) and adultery (Matthew 5:27-30) and divorce (Matthew 5:31-32) and oaths (Matthew 5:33-37) and retaliation (Matthew 5:38-42) and love (Matthew 5:43-48) and charitable deeds (Matthew 6:1-4) and prayer (Matthew 6:5-15) and fasting (matthew 6:16-18) and wealth (Matthew 6:19-34) and judging (Matthew 7:1-6) and asking (Matthew 7:7-11) [My favorite verses!] and the Golden Rule (Matthew 7:12) and the narrow gate and wide road (Matthew 7:13-14) and his warning about false prophets (Matthew 7:15-20) "You will know them by their fruits" and the the way into the Kingdom (Matthew 7:21-23) and the parable of the two builders (Matthew 7:27).

Matthew said:
When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law. Matthew 7:28-29

I hope that helps. Please ask....

Kind regards
Gary

Angel_Delight said:
Henry said:

I wont convert just to marry him, i'd only convert if after looking into Islam it makes sense to me and i decide it's the one true religion

thanks for your reply

Hi there!

I'm going to give you some good advice, okay. I'm going to ask you to take it God and ask for the discernment of the Holy Spirit in your search for truth, for the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit IS the discerner of truth, and if you ask God to give you that guidance into a true understanding, God will give you that guidance if you are sincerely seeking the truth.

The Bible is the absolute truth from God, and there are thousands of internet sites that post the "corrupted passages" in the Bible and even thousands more that address those problem passages. As I said earlier, the majority of passages that are identified as error, are simpy taken out of context and the text twisted or abused and make to be a contradiction.

I have Good News for you today... if you are seeking the truth, then there is One who is waiting to hear from you. And His name is Jesus Christ.

He not only was the Son of God, but the incarnation of God. That distinguishes Christianity from any other religion is the fact that Jesus died as the final atonement for your sins and for the sins of the whole world. But I want to you note what I said. Jesus died for your sins, Angel Delight. Everyone has sinned at some time in their life and that sin separates them from God. The atoning death of Jesus Christ makes it possible for us to be reconciled back to God again... as though we had never sinned.

and because Jesus died for you 2000 years ago, you can go to Him, believing in faith that his death was the sacrifice that will give you eternal life.... and if you put your faith in Christ as your personal Redeemer, and seek forgiveness for your sins... asking for Him to dwell in your heart and life... Then... the good news is.... you will not only know the truth.... you will be a part of the truth.

I'm praying for you...

~serapha~

Angel_Delight said:
Well, if you are looking for religious advise, I will give mine as well. I think they are both untrue. I don't believe in an god or gods.

Here are some simple reasons on why I reject both religions:

1. God (as Allah, God or Yaweh) is a tribal god. He appears to a small group of people and nowhere else in the world. I would think an omnipotent God would appear to more than just one tribe.

2. No scientific reason to believe in God. There is nothing in science anymore where the concept of a god is needed to explain something.

3. God and Allah sound like Greek gods from mythology. The get angry, cause wars, get jealous, have favorite mortals and boast a lot. The gods sound more like a human on a power trip than any wise being.

4. Every religion has a holy book that claims that religion is true. They have people that have witnessed their god(s) existing. They have seen miracles that only their faith can explain. No matter what you believe, we know that this stuff is made up by some of the people (since only 1 religon can be true). Since one religion does not seem to stand out in this, why suppose any of these stories are true?

5. Lack of personal proof. Pray to God, Allah, Vishnu, etc to show you they are real. Challenge the vain ones and plead to the hidden ones. You will get no response.

6. Both religions have a history and theology that treats women badly. Last thing you need is for someone to say that Gensis 3:16 says your husband rules over you and you need to shuttup and obey.

7. Both religions have really odd things in their holy book. Islam has Allah threatening to send Muhammad's wives to hell if they don't forgive Muhammam for lieing under Allah's name. (He lied when he skipped a turn with one of his wives.) In Numbers 22, God tells Balaam that if men come to him and tell him to go with them, he should. Men come to Balaam. They tell him to go with them. He does. God gets mad at Balaam for going.

8. Without religion, you get to think for yourself. You decide what is right and wrong, not some book saying that men with crushed testicles are not welcome in the house of the Lord.

There are more, but I will stop here. I think you do yourself a disservice if you just look at it as Islam vs Christianity. I think you need to look at Jusiadm, Hinduism, Buddhism, atheism, etc to make a very good decision.

Quath

The fact is that we are not taught to follow Christianity, we are to follow Jesus Christ.

Islam is a religion--Jesus Christ is NOT!

Why choose Christianity over other religions.

Simple answer (Which I got from a professor at BPCâ€â€Brewton-Parker College):

All other religions are religions of “do.†You have to do this, and that, and so forth. Question is how much is enough…can you do enough?

Christianity is a religion of “done.†Jesus Christ died for your sins, He paid for them. All you have to do is accept the gift.

As the BPC professor said, “Bad grammar but good theology.â€Â

Another thing to consider is the fact that Christianity is the only religion that in its roots is not a religion. What I mean is it is a faith that is about a personal relationship with God…not Àœfollowing a set of rules.â€Â

Thoreau amonishes us to "Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." What he's trying to say is that such enterprises are not earnest and have their basis in ostentation. Using Thoreau's logic, I'd advise you to beware of all marriages requiring a change in religion. While investigating philosophies and looking into new ideas is always a good idea, doing so to appease a potential spouse is a bit foolish, in my opinion. I'd consider asking him if he loves you enough to give up Islam to marry you. If not, then why is he asking you to change your beliefs? All this coming from a non-Christian, mind you.

The fact will always remain that Islam is Christian heresy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back