Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I hope this turns out well...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jackkerouac

Sup. Kelvin here. Jack is just the user name.
I'm a single 40-something guy looking for good chatting and honest, open community. Especially among men.
I'm kinda weird. I spend half the day acting like an adult and the other half still feeling like I'm a 20-something (mentally, not physically...unfortunately.)
I'm a Therapist by day...mental health counselor if you will...LCSW. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. By night and on weekends I'm a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, and a college minister. Right now I'm bored out of my skull.
Recently I've been pin-pricked in the butt by God in the most beautiful of ways. I've been called to examine my life, which was really just a formality cause I pretty much knew what it was, and to amp it up. I've been challenged to make much of God. And I'm learning how to do that in every area of life.
Right now, today, I'm not so much making much of God. Yeah, I'll admit it. Crappy day and all. But I'm glad to be here. I know tomorrow holds promise.
I've recently spent some time on another "Christian" message board filled with snarky upstarts who prize arguing above discussion. I can't do that. So I'm hoping to find something else here. Good people talking, discussing, laughing, arguing, and whatnot. And maybe I'll make a friend or two.

Okay...that's enough.

Welcome :)

I work in mental health too, it will be interesting to hear how this affects your faith; if at all.

I also like the writing of Kerouac!

Welcome to CFnet! :wave

Regardless of which recognized Bible version you use (I'm just offering balance to this thread :)), your input here will be valuable. Some do prefer to debate here, but you'll get to know the conversationalists. :yes

Glad to have you here! :thumbsup

A big welcome!
Myself, I do not get bored at all. I never have even close to enough time in the day to do what I want or need. I hope you find this a good place to start. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back