Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I just lost my boyfriend to death

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Karamell

When I was 13 I lost a boyfriend to suicide and this time I lost another to murder.
He went away to a camp for 2 1/2 weeks and the day he came back was shot and killed. This is the second time I've lost a boyfriend to death and i cant make any sense of it...why would God keep putting me through this? Am I just a jinx? Why does he want me to hurt so badly?
I've already gone through depression, being suicidal, losing my faith, and the cutting...does he want it to all come back? I just can't make sense of any of it... Please help....

Luk 13:1 There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luk 13:2 And he answered them, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way?
Luk 13:3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Make sure you're really saved. Regardless of what happens in life, God is the only one we have to stand before... losing faith just because someone commits suicide or is murdered is no excuse. It's also not good to point a finger at God because of life events... thus the reason for the passage above. The murder and suicide are random events because of our sinful free will.

it must be so hard for you now,im sorry for your losses and i understand. ive seen many deaths at that young age too. most were male friends, and one friend who wanted to date me, but she died after she told me.

the bible says that the punishiment of sin is death.

we must accept death as hard as it is. but GOD wouldnt put you in this situation if he thought YOU couldnt handle this. look around at your peers and ask yourself if they could manage in your shoes and still live the life that you desire in your heart.

through all the pain comes a blessing 10 times better.,
you can use these tradegies as an excuse to let sin entangle your life,

OR, you can use these situations to show others the TRUE POWER of CHRIST our savior. I have faith that you will do the right thing, or else you would have not come here.

GOD is with you.....
if you ever need to talk feel free....

May I take a moment to recall one of the truths of love from 1 Corinthians 13?

Love HOPES all things (1 Corinthians 13:7)

With this in mind I would like to raise a few points.

1. If these relationships indeed contained love, would not the right response to tragedy ultimately be hope and not depression? Yes, death is sad. Yes, lose is very painful. However, if there was love in the relationship, would there not be hope to say that the relationship God gave you for a season had a purpose?

2. In these times of lose, hope may be hard to have. The jinx feeling is understandable for a time, but then you need to get you thoughts back on Jesus. Put your hope in his plan for your life, not how tragedy has set you of course.

I know these may seem too simple, or unrealistic, but if Love truly does hope all things, these two thoughts should apply.

I don't understand it either. My last exboyfriend died, I still had feelings for him but he not for me.... and the man I married died 4 years later at the same age. Well before that, my best friend died when I was 18, he was 19 undergoing minor thumb surgery. Its left me a little hesitant to get close, not only do I fear rejection, but I fear that if I befriend another man, they are gonna up and die on me... I know that's just silly talk, but the mind wanders... but I'm trusting in the Lord to help me work on that.

I guess, I've been through a very low point losing my husband. But... I've become a stronger, more independent person, I have more confidence, and I took it as an opportunity to turn to the Lord more, and just view him, as my man... for now.

It's easy to think that God is punishing you, but he isn't, satan wants you to think that. What satan doesn't want you to do is to go to the Lord in comfort, somedays that's all I can do. I know it hurts, but you will heal, it takes time. Just keep praying and turning to the Lord. I know it leaves so many unsanswered questions as to why things happen the way they do, but the one answer you do have, God loves you, and he is there for you and wants you to come to him in your sorrow.

I am so sorry for your hurting heart and for your loss.

I don't understand it either. My last exboyfriend died, I still had feelings for him but he not for me.... and the man I married died 4 years later at the same age. Well before that, my best friend died when I was 18, he was 19 undergoing minor thumb surgery. Its left me a little hesitant to get close, not only do I fear rejection, but I fear that if I befriend another man, they are gonna up and die on me... I know that's just silly talk, but the mind wanders... but I'm trusting in the Lord to help me work on that.

I guess, I've been through a very low point losing my husband. But... I've become a stronger, more independent person, I have more confidence, and I took it as an opportunity to turn to the Lord more, and just view him, as my man... for now.

It's easy to think that God is punishing you, but he isn't, satan wants you to think that. What satan doesn't want you to do is to go to the Lord in comfort, somedays that's all I can do. I know it hurts, but you will heal, it takes time. Just keep praying and turning to the Lord. I know it leaves so many unsanswered questions as to why things happen the way they do, but the one answer you do have, God loves you, and he is there for you and wants you to come to him in your sorrow.

I am so sorry for your hurting heart and for your loss.

Thoughtful response. I too am sorry for your loss. God loves you. He isn't killing your boyfriends to punish you or to have you suffer. Fight against those thoughts that paint God as mean and hateful. Life, this side of the fall, is filled with pain and suffering. God wants to be your comforter. Allow Him to help, seek after Him. As so well stated above, "he wants you to come to him in your sorrow."

Back