Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I know I'm not a Christian... But I can still request prayers, right?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I know I'm not a Christian, and I don't really pray, but It's still fine to ask for them right?

Basically I just want prayers for someone who's very close to me. I've mentioned her before in a few other threads, or maybe just one lol. She's chronically ill and disabled, and really, you could call her a miracle. When she was diagnosed 12 years ago, there wasn't a good treatment option for her. And her disease was progressing so fast, they were pretty sure she had a high chance of dying. Originally they said she wouldn't live more than a year, clearly that was wrong. They said shed never be able to write, or walk, or interact with her children properly. She did all of that. Technically speaking, the doctors predicted shed either die, or become a quadriplegic within a year. She is neither.

She has fought through MRSA infections in her lungs, dozens of times. She's fought through infections in her port. She's fought through many surgeries, most of them she wasn't expected to live much longer after.

The last patient who used the drug she uses only got through 37 rounds before their body gave up on them. This person? She's gone through 153 rounds, and continuing to grow each month.

She's fought through all of this and more (I didn't want to make this toooooo long) and even raised and is continuing to raise her 3 children. You know what her only wish was? The only reasons she continues to fight? She wants to see all 3 of her children go to college and be succesful in life. She continues to fight for them, which I find extremely amazing.

If I believed in praying myself, I'd pray everyday for this woman, cause she truly is a miracle.

She really is a miracle, Sloan ...and to even read about her shows additional and obvious proof to me how amazing our Lord is! Your friend has survived far beyond what was earlier predicted.... miracles such as your friend is such a blessing to us all.

You can count on my prayers for your friend, Sloan ... as well as for her children...and for you. It's never easy to watch as friends (& family) suffer through anything, but with your added support, your friend knows without doubt you won't abandon her.

And thank you, Sloan, for trusting us enough to ask for prayer for your friend. We know our Lord listens when each of us lift up our prayers to Him ... just as we know He won't abandon us.

Blessings!

Hi Sloan,

It is certainly agreeably for others to pray for you andyour friend. Your faith in prayer and in a God who listens to prayer is atestimony. I am praying for you son.

Regardless of the outcome; God has miracles in store. He does not always answer to our will; but when we pray according to His we see results. God has allotted a time for each of us to live, die, and live again. We don’t always see or understand God’s grand plan; but it exists all the same. Our greatest blessings are stored up for the next life. That life awaits us as sure as day follows night, and awake follows asleep.

Our life now is the chance we have to purchase the tickets to the next life. We cannot purchase the tickets after we have died; we can only achieve them now, and your friend has already purchased her ticket. Believe me, she wants to see you alive as much as you want to see her alive. She is just as anxious for you as you are for her. If you do not purchase your ticket; you will be lost to her in the next life; which is experienced as though waking from a sleep. There will be no loss once you have woken. Everyone who has purchased their tickets through faith is in turn purchased through that very blood once and for all paid. This is the true miracle. I pray that you will find that path and awake with your friend when the Son of God calls us all from our sleep. I have friends and family that have fallen asleep whom I wish to see at that time too.

Tri

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll pray for your friend Sloan, but don't think my prayers are any more powerful than yours. I invite you to pray also. Just talk to God and say what's on your heart.

Hi Sloan,

It is certainly agreeably for others to pray for you andyour friend. Your faith in prayer and in a God who listens to prayer is atestimony. I am praying for you son.

Just noticed you said son o.o I'm a female :tongue lol. That's not the point though lol

Really, the way I feel with prayer, is its something I guess I just kinda lean on. My family is completely Christian, and we have churches who help her out. All my life I hear "We'll be praying for her" and since she's made it so far... I figure the prayings gotta be doing something, right?

Just noticed you said son o.o I'm a female

Oops! :clap

Really, the way I feel with prayer, is its something I guess I just kinda lean on. My family is completely Christian, and we have churches who help her out. All my life I hear "We'll be praying for her" and since she's made it so far... I figure the prayings gotta be doing something, right?

That's great to hear, ah..., Sloanette. Praying has gotta do something.

When I was younger I prayed for a pushbike and a skateboard. I didn't get either. I prayed to win a race and I almost killed myself. I told God lots of lies... It's a wonder he didn't strike me - actually he did! I've since learned to be a bit more respectful of God. I was a terrible heathen when I was a kid.

Haha, Sloan's just fine :tongue

I know it's not like "I pray, I get what I want" but I figure it's more along the lines of basically telling the lord what's on your mind, what's bothering you, wishful thinking for someone, something like that. Maybe I'm way off xD I dunno.

God can answer prayers but even Christ was not able to do miracle due to their lack of faith.

Pray to God to help you and her in unbelief.

Sent from mobile.

Back