Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Like It

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Ditch the desktop and hit the couch with our favorite stick PCs

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ditch-desktop-hit-couch-favorite-201517948.html
Ever since Intel released the Compute Stick, we’ve seen a rush of tiny PCs built into HDMI dongles. Some take advantage of the free-to-manufacturers Windows with Bing offering, while others use more traditional free operating systems such as Android and Linux. While a number of stick PCs use Intel’s reference design and specs, these options stray from the norm to provide extra value.
View gallery

a7ff8cdebe1e76f89415970c1cec1604

These sticks work, but they are just live Linux. Us computer nerds knew about this for years, where we put a "live CD" into a computer, perhaps to bypass the Microsoft and free it of a virus or whatever, because the Operating system works off the CD and RAM only, not the HD except for minor storage of sorts, probably to expand the RAM.

To get political, it's like the Tea Party sounding like a new movement when it's just refurbished Libertarianism. Likewise this stick is just the newer version of the "live CD's". The problem is, this stick costs $20 when you can download a working Linux operating system for free (just get your own cheap stick). But people Oooo and Aaah about this miracle stick when they had their ears plugged; I've been saying for years about this with Linux.

I think what is happening is now that people have devices and smart phones, they see that IT IS possible to have a different and an actual working operating system without the slow-ups, compatibility issues and malware that they trained us into thinking this was normal computing. But I said for years there IS a way for this all this malware, etc not to happen, when I was told "no there isn't". Not sure if that was ignorance speaking or corporate $$$ greed that basically said, we're not going to change --- live with the crappy operating system because we are almost a monopoly. Now with the other competitive computer OS's around, I think this is why people are starting to realize things like these sticks exist. Thank God is all I can say! It's about time. Enough is enough.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back