Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need prayer and council for doubting the excistence of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I am a christian woman who has been saved since i am a child....my faith has always been the most important thing in my life....
one day i wandered into a athiest debate room.....i stayed there for awhile because i wanted to know what they believed and also i thought that i could plant good seed....well instead of me bringing them up they brought me down and now i doubt my faith....i look at all the miracles in the bible that i never once questioned and now i do....is what we all believe in really just a big fairytale??? why are there no more miracles like in biblical times?
I am questioning Gods exsistence and it is breaking my heart....what if what i believed my whole life is just a made up story?
I cant believe that i doubt God and i miss Jesus so much but i cant get beyond this unbelief......please help

Hi, Julietsprayer...welcome to CFnet!

I can whole-heartedly assure you that faith in our Lord God is definitely NOT fairytale. He is so real, as are His son: our Lord Jesus Christ, and His Spirit: the Holy Spirit. I realize that atheists would prefer that none of us hold true faith in our Lord's existence, but that does not negate the fact that our Lord IS real, and He DOES exist. Over the past few centuries, people have questioned the validity of the Bible. After all, they argued, the Bible mentioned so many villages & settlements/towns that don't exist today. Well, archaeology is doing a fine job of uncovering so many of these locations.

Nope, The Bible isn't a collection of fairy tales either.

There ARE modern day miracles today. No doubt about that either. Every baby born - today & yesteryear - is a miracle, for example.

Prayer for forgiveness from our Lord for questioning His existence, and open your heart to receive His generous love & amazing grace once again. He knows we are each imperfect beings, but He loves us regardless, and in spite of our imperfections.

By the way, you're not the first to adopt doubt. We each have our own moments where we question. But our Lord God is so patient with us, and continues to love us even in those moments of doubt.

So, shed the doubt, rejoin your fellow Christians in joyful sharing of our Lord's Word, and take a renewed firm stance in solid faith.

You are in my prayers, Julietsprayer!

The proof of Jesus is God using Airdancer to speak to you. Prayers for you Juliet who is in God. God loves you more than you know. Prayers you know you are His. Prayers Airdancer who is His God used to help you. Prayer you pm Airdancer. Prayers Airdancer pm you.

I am a christian woman who has been saved since i am a child....my faith has always been the most important thing in my life....
one day i wandered into a athiest debate room.....i stayed there for awhile because i wanted to know what they believed and also i thought that i could plant good seed....well instead of me bringing them up they brought me down and now i doubt my faith....i look at all the miracles in the bible that i never once questioned and now i do....is what we all believe in really just a big fairytale??? why are there no more miracles like in biblical times?
I am questioning Gods exsistence and it is breaking my heart....what if what i believed my whole life is just a made up story?
I cant believe that i doubt God and i miss Jesus so much but i cant get beyond this unbelief......please help

Hi there; good to see you.

Back to basics, right?

There is no substitute for prayerful, daily, trusting Bible reading. Why not start now?

We become like the company we keep, right?

I spent several years at secular universities, as it happens.

But I much prefer to be around Christians from all walks of life and their prayer meetings and Bible studies, because these are the folk that I want to be like.

A good verse to start today's Bible study with: Hebrews 11.6.

Take care.

...why are there no more miracles like in biblical times?

There are. I have been lucky enough to have seen a couple first hand. Not things that could be written off as coincidence or fakery either. But real, honest miracles from God just like in Biblical times. Things that were even verified by the secular world as having no other explanation other than a miracle.

But keep in mind, this is not the norm. Even in Jesus days, while he performed what seems like a lot of miracles when we read about them all in one place, this wasn't the norm. When you spread those miracles out over several years and among the thousands of people Jesus met in his time on earth, there really weren't that many. Our faith in God is meant to be just that, faith. It's not something that we necessarily have proof of.

"Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

If Jesus was just a man who was never who he claimed to be they wouldn't have murdered him in middle of the night. This is how we treated the Son of God. The serpent, deceiver and father of lies has twisted truth for his gain. If God was nothing and didn't exist than these atheist would not be against him. The spiritual warfare is unbelievably surrounding us all the time. Let this experience show you God and his truth , let it pierce your heart as one of the greatest test of your life.

-Mike

I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you. I sometimes have these thoughts. Strangely it usually happens when I feel closests to God. For example when I am in a very deep bible study or long prayer the thought suddenly enters my mind "Is he really real", "Am I wasting my time" or something like that. I know that it is just the enemy engaged in spiritual warfare and it doesn't last long. I believe there is evidence of God all around us but there is no absolute proof. That is where you have to have faith.

Juliet,
I can relate with you. I've also attempted to understand where Atheists are coming from and get them to understand where I'm coming from.
It was like verbal wrestling! No wonder the scriptures say that the greatest battles are not fought on the battlefield, but are between principles!
Most Atheists, it seems, are ex-Theists who were very hurt by cognitive distortions they were taught from warped interpretations of Theology.
I have felt like them because I also questioned my cult-like religious upbringing and for a time, wanted to discount all theology, just because I found some flaws.

If you look closely, Juliet, many Atheists are caught in cognitive distortions... ie the false belief that things are either ALL good or ALL bad (bi-polar thinking).
They do not realize their hypocrisy in ridiculing Theists for having faith, when they also cannot help but live by faith because they don't predict the future, but have faith that things will go as they hope.
They also do not realize their hypocrisy in other ways. Many Atheists claim that the basis for their disdain of Theology is because of herd-mentality that hurt people - like the Spanish Inquisition or the Crusades. Yet, Atheism is also a "herd" - and sometimes can gang up and be mean to anybody who doesn't believe as their Atheist cult dictates. Ironically, A-theism, has many "Atheist" books telling Atheists what to think. Many Atheists claim to not believe in god, yet they refuse to acknowledge there are infinite definitions of god, and by one definition, they actively worship god. To me, God is CREATOR/Creative Energy based on love - worship - prioritizing. An Atheist who spends hours every day debating there is "no god" ironically has chosen the god of debating no god - because that has become priority/what's worshiped.

There is no doubt that God is real, Juliet.
The only doubt there is, is how to define God.
Generally, one could say that God is truth and light.
Truth is based on not just what is scientifically observable, but truth also includes that which causes influence - even our thoughts (ie placebo effect).
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
Jesus taught, "The kingdom (realm/experience) of God is within you" and indeed it is. How you feel God/spirit is always within you.
Moses realized that God is "I AM THAT I AM" - My ("I") experience of God is always experienced within me and in the present moment... "am" (not "was", or "will be").

"God is love."
Love is expressed in infinite ways, but generally, I think love is resonating, hoping & striving for what is best, through trial and error - active faith.
For me, I resonate most with imagining God as my Heavenly Father and Mother... but consider how you resonate.
No doubt, God is more than we can imagine, but how we connect with God is based on how we resonate/feel GOoD about.
God is real... test it and you'll see. Pray to know if God is real, with your heart, mind and soul - with faith. You WILL feel the reality of God. You might not feel it right away, but you will feel it. I will also pray for you and all of us - that our faith be strengthened!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most significant existence of Him to a non-Christian is Salvation. I have been a non-Christian for nineteen years before I convert to Christian. And the miracle that put me into a change of heart and mind to Him is not practically theology, for the heart of disbeliever they are debating something they don't believe, for myself God did not revealed to me before I acknowledge:

1) justifying the Creator and His Almighty is the most severe among sin
God is loving, but severe to those He love. He shows me abundant of knowledge pour out from the bible on every pages I flipped. He pour the baptism of Holy Spirit on me. Yet, He show a great punishment to make me acknowledge doubting His Almighty is most displease to His sight and glory that He had given into humanity. He said in Scriptures He will not share any glory with the idols, that my belief background since small make me underwent the severe yet loving, promising, faithful punishment He given to His children. Today, I was like metal refined in fire and show not any doubt on any false doctrine and practice, and show not resentment and despair, I praise Him with love, that He is Loving, Righteous, and Wisest for everything that He make me to underwent for these.

2) justifying with the Law/Theology
The second I wanted to specified is: they are using human wisdom to debate the theology, they show no faith in believe, even I was not revealed to His Righteousness, His Judgment, Sin (John 16:8-10 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.) until I underwent the anxiousness, despair, desperate to have deliverance and failed to happened, and of course the wrong of justifying the sin among human beings, then He only show up to me by the Spirit - the truth of righteousness instead of the flesh that justified themselves with Law (Pharisees etc.) not by faith, and the misconception of deliverance - not by self justification to deliver, but acknowledge the importance of the blood and the righteousness of Jesus (without sin) - Father's Love, and also the wrong about judgment - a close mind depending of the justification based on Law, He show me the broad sense of not judging others, and also His judgment is far for us to grasp. I want to said I was grown up with the idol worship (numerous in my life I can't even count) which I think is nonsense yet senselessly follow, and there I seek many major religious doctrines (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Islam, other Asian doctrines, even Science theories), and after believing Him I underwent lots of complication/false vision adhere to religion, science theories and cult (Satanism, etc.), and for He is faithful and loving, and promising, He keep me back from the darkness and exposes all the sins in Light. And now I cleanse all the false doctrine in my life, a huge relief He had given me, yet proof to me with His truthfulness all these is false and fading in the Light of Truth. Though I am still learning from His teaching by the Spirit to acknowledge His Almighty is not based on words of bible, but dependent on Him who is the source of hope, wisdom, truth, and righteousness.

3) the importance of Jesus act in our life
And this, to acknowledge the glory the blood poured out for the sinners, and I am still going on - to live in His fullness - live in faith, glory and love (of course the fruits of Holy Spirit).

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things help me when i'm doubting. One is reflecting on all the great things God has done for me, all the times I anticipated disaster, but it did not come thanks to the grace of God. How everything has always worked out even if it wasn't what i wanted to happen. God has always given me the strength when i needed it. The other is just reflecting on the world and how well designed it is, to me music is a gift from God, its food for the soul. To me because music exists God exists, only a loving God would give us such a wonderful gift. Just my own way of looking at it.

Back