Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need prayer for my mental illness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi,
In 1999 I was diagnosed with bipolar schizoaffective, and 7 years later I was put on disability, losing my job. I could deal with the job if I weren't having trouble believing God is in my life anymore. I became a Christian somewhere in the time between 1999 and 2012. Not sure exactly when. But I find myself asking for salvation over and over, and so I don't have any assurance of salvation. I think it's tied to not being medicated right. Delusions are part of my illness, and God is kindly not doing anything that I can see to help me believe in Him more. Positionally I'm right with God, but my relationship with Him is hurting. I'm just asking for some prayer, please.

Welcome to CF.net :wave

Seeking Him - you shall find Him. God is more than able.

We are praying for you. God has done it before - and He is still doing it.

Hi seekingHim,

Although I don't know you, and I couldn't begin to understand your experiences with regard to your diagnoses, I would have nothing more valuable to share with you and encourage you in than the Gospel. A wonderful aspect to the Gospel is, though we are variable in our love for God, He is never variable in His love for us. When you think about your life, and how much more sinful you are then you thought you were before, Jesus Christ was still nailed to the cross bleeding out His life for you and me and for the world. Your assurance will be found in the accomplishments of Christ, so do your best to rest in His grace. Let's pray for one another.

- Davies

Romans 1:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Just Live by Faith

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,[a] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Footnotes:
a. Romans 1:16 NU-Text omits of Christ.

Praying ,of course, but I'd also like to add a little point to help you out.

Reading always helps me whenever there is a difficult time in my life. I read the Bible, and on occasion, secular literature for contrast. It seems counter-intuitive... But when I read secular books, I sometimes gain a sense of perspective about God. When I read the Bible, I can't help but think of Him as perfect in every way, but in secular literature, I find that God can be applicable to daily life. It also helps me with prove the existence of God to my friends.

"And whatever you ask in My name ,that I will do,that the Father may be glorified in the Son" John 14:13.Pray for your healing,God will heal you.Thank You LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I learned this from a pastor and it has helped me.

What did Jesus do on his last 40 days here on Earth? He didn't go to the people who crucified him and say "I'm back!" he didn't make a spectical of himself in front of thousands. He went and he walked with some guys on the road to damascus who basically told him that the guy they thought was the messiah was just crucified and it was kind of a let down, so they were heading home. (Luke 30:13-33) So we know that God chases after those who have given up.

What else did he do? Well he renstated Peter. "Peter, do you love me?" "yes Lord" "Peter do you love me?" "yes Lord" "Peter do you love me?" "yes Lord" Remember what Peter did before Jesus was crucufied. "Do you know him? "no" "hey aren't you.." "no!" "Hey I saw you with that guy" "I do not know that man!" *Roster crow* when the time of testing came he failed miserably. And yet he still said "Peter upon this Rock I will build my church" (John 21:15-19) So He chases after the failures.

He still did more. Thomas said that "until I stick my fingers in his hands and feet and my hand in his side, I will not believe!" Jesus came and said "put your hand in my side and your fingers in my hands" After that Thomas went out and he preached like crazy. He ended up dying for his faith. I feel bad because he was so influential and did many good things and we remember him as "doubting thomas". poor guy. So God runs after the doubters.

I don't know about you but I have failed, given up, and doubted and God has never given up on me. I can guarentee it is the same for you. ;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back